Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:20:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: will tether collapse?  (Read 1218 times)
xfaqs01 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:08:38 AM

It's just a normal FUD tether won't collapse,  it's just a normal manipulation of the market by whales,  as you can see it has an effect on bitcoin going up,  tether won't collapse it will still be strong

i think its not a fud its a fact! among the stable coins ount there and to name are $DAI, $PAX, $GUSD, $TUSD, $USDC and TEHTER which would you like to choose? only tether has no audited backing among them..

i would reject tether and choose the first  five of the stablecoin list, and diversify my portfolio among the five which has the backing of dollar audited, unlike tether, though im not a fan of coin pegged to dollar but that 5 list is legit for me

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:19:50 AM

hi guys i just wanna ask if it is still practical to hold or use tether now, because im hearing negative issues that it might collapse soon coz its centralize and can be created without backing of real USD?

What are your thoughts?

Well, USDT has been having a long time accusation on their holdings because they couldn't show or proof their audits
I believe it might still sustain in the space for a short terms as it is still one of the famous USD Pegged coin (From what they have said)

But time by time, i believe TRUEUSD could perform well and replace USDT in the long term
TrueUSD is regulated and it is escrowed by auditing firms which shows more transparency
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:37:01 AM

Its not practical to have it, IMO.

I don't have it and never bought it. A stable coin that evens goes down, how can that be? Usually looking on it around $1 - $0.99 but I've seen it went down to $0.8. I'd stay away with that coin if I were you guys and won't sit my money there for a very long time, this is why you only use bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 07:26:57 AM

Maybe the best move now is to stay away from Tether it is a very controversial stable coin if you want to use a Stable coin, try True USD or USDC if tether cannot answer all these controversies I'm sure it will collapse someday.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:35:50 AM

I don't have it and never bought it. A stable coin that evens goes down, how can that be? Usually looking on it around $1 - $0.99 but I've seen it went down to $0.8. I'd stay away with that coin if I were you guys and won't sit my money there for a very long time, this is why you only use bitcoin.
from this incident we can conclude that stable coins cannot always be stable and can fall anytime. you are right and there is no benefit if we hold stable coins, we better swap it directly into fiat money and we will not feel worried if at any time a stable coin collapses.
Krendom

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 11:24:14 AM

As long the company hold fiat same as they have token, usdt will survive. Until now im not recommended hold on central token/coin. Just doin what you thing the best for hold.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:40:15 PM

hi guys i just wanna ask if it is still practical to hold or use tether now, because im hearing negative issues that it might collapse soon coz its centralize and can be created without backing of real USD?

What are your thoughts?
If i will look into the threads created here about tether,for sure same thiing will be on my mind that thisoin will die soon
But lets see what will happen for tomorrow lol
It is just a matter of days or months, but however it ends up turning out, the days of tether are numbered. This is a stable coin market that has been known for some shady stuff and then refused being audited, and a lot of other atrocities which I believe one way or the other, is either they get nabbed or something terrible just happens.

We cannot say exactly the impact this would have on the general crypto space, but this would most definitely make a lot of people to be opting out of the Tether market with so many people losing a whole lot which isn't a good thing.
karthcrypt

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:54:00 PM

Tether and other stable coin in cryptocurrency have been the lifeline for many investors and market for stability. Cryptocurrency fiat is good for the market and I don't see issues with tether,  they only need to sort out the dollar backing issue!

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:21:02 PM

from this incident we can conclude that stable coins cannot always be stable and can fall anytime. you are right and there is no benefit if we hold stable coins, we better swap it directly into fiat money and we will not feel worried if at any time a stable coin collapses.
That's right, they should be stable all of the time but they are also fluctuating.

It is a reason for people to stay away those that are converting their assets sometime to USDT or any other stable coin. And this will serve as a warning as well that not all the time stable coins are stable, they have flux so be careful with what you buy and keep on researching while observing the market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:42:41 PM

Calling anything Stable coin is a misnomer, everything fluctuates.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:15:50 PM

Tether and other stable coin in cryptocurrency have been the lifeline for many investors and market for stability. Cryptocurrency fiat is good for the market and I don't see issues with tether,  they only need to sort out the dollar backing issue!
I do not think Tether will collapse because it is a kind of coin that is priced at par with USD for easier trading in the cryptocurrency market. Although that is very simple but Tether has been in this market for a long time and let it disappear is difficult because of the large number of people hold.
abanansah

Activity: 328

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:22:18 PM

Those negative news about USDT has existed a long time till it went live but it must be noted that it is the best coins to hold when the price of all coins in the market goes red. It is best use in aiding arbitrage trading.

NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:21:40 PM

I think they are still a stablecoin. compared to the development of the market. It does not have the strength to fill up the market. So, we see that GUSD or TUSD is probably the necessary addition. I think that is a special point for the market to go up.

Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:46:05 PM

It is doubtful that the Tether (USDT) is crypto with great potential and receives support from many organizations. Although the USDT is currently only $ 0.97, it will soon return to $ 1. This large impact of USDT is due to the sale of USDT series makes the exchange rate down more than 30%.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████