Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:58:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: will tether collapse?  (Read 1218 times)
Cmoh

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:58:42 AM

For the cryptocurrency market, it is always you will listen to the negative talk by the renowned people. But, if you prompt with these talk then you will go in loss. As you already know that it is decentralized and anonymous so nobody will take effect in this segment. But, you will only be affected by the demand and supply of the coin. So, hold Tether as it is like the Ethereum.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:06:21 AM

There has always been this fog of great mystery around Tether. We have no certain bank confirmations of Tether really being backed by real USD, nor does it look good that more Tether can be just "printed" when Bitfinex says so.

I do not trust Tether, definitely wouldn't hold it for a longer period of time.

renemagritte

Activity: 235
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:11:20 AM

There have always been tether fuds in this market. I can't remember how many times I heard "tether will collapse". It didn't.

I believe they proved that they backed every usdt with a usd in their bank account. But there was a problem with their bank lately, that's the cause of this new fud. And even if tether collapses, people will sell their usdt for btc and btc will rise like yesterday Cheesy not a bad thing for most of us.

But these stable coins should be stable. We don't want them to go below or higher than $1. Maybe Tusd or other stable coins will take the lead, we will see.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:21:52 AM

hi guys i just wanna ask if it is still practical to hold or use tether now, because im hearing negative issues that it might collapse soon coz its centralize and can be created without backing of real USD?

What are your thoughts?
Tether is still on move to recovery and i kow that this coin has a good future,yes being centralized is a big question mark for future yet tether is tried and tested for contributing the last growth of bitcoin in 2017 so lets not lose hope instead be positive that after this economic problem worldwide things will come to better and back to what the cryptocurrencies meant to be

renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

No it will not collapse but there are anymore many better alternatives, so there is negative news about tether. I would personally not use tether if any other one is available on a exchange because transparency is important issue.
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:35:07 PM

my worry stems more from the fact that they keep losing banks. WTF are they gonna do when they've got billions of dollars in USD and EUR that they can't pay to their customers? also, if banks are feeling pressured not to work with them, you have to ask why and whether regulators are waiting to pounce on them.

What bank would want them? They're unregulated and largely a mystery. I find it incredibly arrogant on their part that they'd expect any bank to want to business with them. They're an instant red flag.

Obviously they've been doing it for years now. There's thousands of banks out there; apparently some of them are less risk averse than you. Wink

I find it really weird how willing so many exchanges have been to embrace it. There's something about the entire set up that doesn't compute for me and never has.

Binance became the biggest exchange in the world without any fiat money processing at all. There's definitely some appeal in offloading USD custody on someone else. If Bitfinex goes up in smoke tomorrow, it's not Binance that'll lose, but Binance's USDT depositors.
I really do feel you in that last part which is actually one of the obvious reasons people should be very careful with the USDT market as it is now. A lot of shady things which I believe, is going on with this one and like you said, only the USDT holders or depositors will really be the ones losing a whole lot and this would possibly affect the market actually one way or the other if we get to see USDT implode and probably cause another fundamental rush selling to the downside. Let's just hope it does not get to come up to that eventually as that would really be terrible for a whole lot of people.
xfaqs01 (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:37:01 PM

my worry stems more from the fact that they keep losing banks. WTF are they gonna do when they've got billions of dollars in USD and EUR that they can't pay to their customers? also, if banks are feeling pressured not to work with them, you have to ask why and whether regulators are waiting to pounce on them.

What bank would want them? They're unregulated and largely a mystery. I find it incredibly arrogant on their part that they'd expect any bank to want to business with them. They're an instant red flag.

Obviously they've been doing it for years now. There's thousands of banks out there; apparently some of them are less risk averse than you. Wink

I find it really weird how willing so many exchanges have been to embrace it. There's something about the entire set up that doesn't compute for me and never has.

Binance became the biggest exchange in the world without any fiat money processing at all. There's definitely some appeal in offloading USD custody on someone else. If Bitfinex goes up in smoke tomorrow, it's not Binance that'll lose, but Binance's USDT depositors.
I really do feel you in that last part which is actually one of the obvious reasons people should be very careful with the USDT market as it is now. A lot of shady things which I believe, is going on with this one and like you said, only the USDT holders or depositors will really be the ones losing a whole lot and this would possibly affect the market actually one way or the other if we get to see USDT implode and probably cause another fundamental rush selling to the downside. Let's just hope it does not get to come up to that eventually as that would really be terrible for a whole lot of people.
i urge all of you guys to avoid tether because it will collapse sonner or later, if you really want to use stable coins there is a lot out there that are much bettet than tether across all exchanges and to name them are $DAI, $PAX, $GUSD, $TUSD, these are stable coins pegged to a dollar that is better than tether, choose among them whichever is available on your prefered exchange...

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:06:15 PM

Look don't buy into all this tether FUD.

In my opinion people are making all this fear just because one guy on Twitter who sold BTC at like $1600 is calling Bitfinex and Tether a big scam.

There is a 4-5% premium right now you its basically free money just to arbitage this. Also don't look into the USDT./USD pair on Kraken, it has very little liquidity and most people are just arbing with the Tether vs Cash exchanges.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xtrump101

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

$onion

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 11:32:48 PM

if you really want to use stable coins there is a lot out there that are much bettet than tether across all exchanges and to name them are $DAI, $PAX, $GUSD, $TUSD, these are stable coins pegged to a dollar that is better than tether, choose among them whichever is available on your prefered exchange...

wow wonderful i never thought that there is a lot of STABLECOINS pegged to dollar other than tether, thank you for this information! i saw $DAI is in a lot of exchanges like forkdelta and many more, and $PAX and $TUSD too in binance and kucoin and many more, although $GUSD i think is available only in gemini.

after reading your comment i immediately search and it is really are stablecoin better than tether!

THANK YOU so much for the info
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:50:19 PM

yup i heard this one and the issue is all over youtube reviews about the controversy and i believe that they are creating tether out of thin air and they used it to buy bitcoin and dumping the bitcoin back to us, thats exactly what happend after the bull run last December we screwed up, since they cannot bring down btc they create altcoin itself to bring it down and people are slowly recognizing this and eventually tether will collapse just like bitconnect become zero, so be carefull on tether stay away from it!

Uh, I don't think you get it. Tether was used to pump bitcoin and the alts last year, and the fear is that the billions of dollars of usdt was unbacked. This would make last year's pump entirely artificial. This is way bigger for crypto's image than what you are making it out to be.

What you don't get is this doesn't matter.

Even if it was an artificial pump the price has been held up for months now without any artificial parachute and therefore is at market value by definition.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

hi guys i just wanna ask if it is still practical to hold or use tether now, because im hearing negative issues that it might collapse soon coz its centralize and can be created without backing of real USD?

What are your thoughts?

Whatever you hold on the exchange you dont really hold.  If Bitcoins from one exchange will get stolen and you will hold Monero on that same exchange you will most likely end up without any founds.

Stable coins like tether are meant to be used by exchanges that dont have fiat pairs. So they buy tether from Bitfinex and then can offer it on their platform.  It is not you or me or anyone else that buys tether from Bitfinex. But companies that run exchanges. And they risk if something from some reason goes wrong with tether.  All that you or me can do about it is to not leave our cryptocoins on exchanges.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:06:16 AM

There are many new stablecoins coming in the market so days of tether being the primary choice are numbered. It has been through such FUD before also so hard to know if it will be fine or not. Probably safer to just avoid it.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:37:09 AM

What are your thoughts?

Whatever you hold on the exchange you dont really hold.  If Bitcoins from one exchange will get stolen and you will hold Monero on that same exchange you will most likely end up without any founds.

Stable coins like tether are meant to be used by exchanges that dont have fiat pairs. So they buy tether from Bitfinex and then can offer it on their platform.  It is not you or me or anyone else that buys tether from Bitfinex. But companies that run exchanges. And they risk if something from some reason goes wrong with tether.  All that you or me can do about it is to not leave our cryptocoins on exchanges.

This is a good description of what is happening with your investment when it is exchanged for Theter. I do not believe that all transactions are realy covered in this currency. I am afraid that the moment will come when it will turn out that everything was only virtual. Hopefully not..

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:54:48 AM

hi guys i just wanna ask if it is still practical to hold or use tether now, because im hearing negative issues that it might collapse soon coz its centralize and can be created without backing of real USD? What are your thoughts?

I have been reading many negative things and speculations on Tether too and it is quite sad that this happened to this platform which had been performing well in the past many years. There has been an ongoing concern of internal problems with Tether and there are many speculations about what really goes on inside the platform. Sadly, Tether management is not doing well arresting those problems whether true or not. Right now, there are many who are thinking that maybe Tether is collapsing and this can be the reason why many are dropping it in its role as the stable coin and there are already who replaced it with something else with the same function. It will be interesting to see what can happen next...whether Tether can survived or will it eventually die a natural death.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:57:57 AM

very confusing and do we have to worry? what is the biggest impact if tether experiences collapse? will the market get worse?
Yes, you have to worry if you are holding Tether at the moment, because whether you like it you may just end up holding a shit coin in the long run when it implodes. For now, there are a lot of shady things going on with tether, and the possibility of people dumping it pretty fast will always be there which in this case would actually make us see the kind of situation we just saw recently.

I really do think, it may not be affecting the market negatively much as that would possibly have effect only on those who are holding it, and that would amount to some huge loss as far as I am concerned, if care is not taken.
pageraji

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:15:33 AM

i never buy or holding tether, because its stable coin and have no fun to hold it, just go colapse, i dont regret this coin.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:44:16 PM

if you really want to use stable coins there is a lot out there that are much bettet than tether across all exchanges and to name them are $DAI, $PAX, $GUSD, $TUSD, these are stable coins pegged to a dollar that is better than tether, choose among them whichever is available on your prefered exchange...

wow wonderful i never thought that there is a lot of STABLECOINS pegged to dollar other than tether, thank you for this information! i saw $DAI is in a lot of exchanges like forkdelta and many more, and $PAX and $TUSD too in binance and kucoin and many more, although $GUSD i think is available only in gemini.

after reading your comment i immediately search and it is really are stablecoin better than tether!

THANK YOU so much for the info
Yeah, there are lots of them and they are by far more legitimate and trustworthy in their dealings with solid backing than Tether which is one of the reasons people should understand that tether days won't last pretty much and the chances of seeing the USDT market being dumped by then will be terrific which I believe by now, this is something everyone should either be bailing out now or at least, picking the new stable coins that have solid bank backing and real life funds and not just some shady stable coin called Tether.

Most exchanges pretty soon will be delisting Tether as far as I am concerned and I am trying to see how that would place the USDT market.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:50:18 PM

Tether had gone down to $0.92 with similar rumors last year and came back fine. Nevertheless, it is hard to trust  since the bank account backing tether is unaudited.
Leo

Activity: 620
Merit: 10

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:55:19 PM

It's just a normal FUD tether won't collapse,  it's just a normal manipulation of the market by whales,  as you can see it has an effect on bitcoin going up,  tether won't collapse it will still be strong

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
xtrump101

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

$onion

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 03:58:26 AM

It's just a normal FUD tether won't collapse,  it's just a normal manipulation of the market by whales,  as you can see it has an effect on bitcoin going up,  tether won't collapse it will still be strong

i think its not a fud its a fact! among the stable coins ount there and to name are $DAI, $PAX, $GUSD, $TUSD, $USDC and TEHTER which would you like to choose? only tether has no audited backing among them..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: