Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:36:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-03-06] Some clear words from Gavin to Leah  (Read 1558 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:56:14 AM

Hey Leah:
I meant exactly what I tweeted: I am disappointed you (or your publishers) chose to publish enough personal information that people can easily find Dorian and his family.
The pieces might all be public information, but you worked really hard to piece them all together, and the crazy people who might decide it is a good idea to go visit "Satoshi" are likely not as smart or hard-working as you.
And all of your evidence is circumstantial, EXCEPT for the "I'm not involved in that any more" quote, which might simply be an old man saying ANYTHING to get you to go away and leave him alone.
Anyway, I hope some good comes of all this; I hope it stimulates more debate on personal privacy and the role of journalists in our "pan-opticon" world.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zqjq6/open_letter_to_leah_mcgrath/

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 07:10:13 AM

Gotta love the paparazzi!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:25:48 AM

I'm glad Gavin wrote that - it needed to be said.

I would add that Leah is just the whore though, and that the real POS is the editor that pushed the story.

I'm grumpy!!
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:01:01 PM

I'm glad Gavin wrote that - it needed to be said.

I would add that Leah is just the whore though, and that the real POS is the editor that pushed the story.

Behind every prostitute is a pimp pushing the human trafficking!

Fold for spending BTCs

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:21:28 PM

Maybe gavin should stick to his paid job - programming. "Interfacing" with reporters doesn't seem to be his strong point, as they tend to run with the ball out of context. I wasn't under the impression he had a lot of free time for press contacts. Why is it a priority now?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:17:51 PM

Maybe gavin should stick to his paid job - programming. "Interfacing" with reporters doesn't seem to be his strong point, as they tend to run with the ball out of context. I wasn't under the impression he had a lot of free time for press contacts. Why is it a priority now?

I have to assume the issue warranted further action (according to him)... considering it quoted him and it may be misconstrued that he supported the conclusions of the article.

Fold for spending BTCs

bitbouillion

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:58:19 PM

On the other hand Leah provides a lot of FREE media attention for Bitcoin. That credit cards ads cost much more - priceless. As longs as Dorian gets compensated, win-win!

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

On the other hand Leah provides a lot of FREE media attention for Bitcoin. That credit cards ads cost much more - priceless. As longs as Dorian gets compensated, win-win!

Ding, ding.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: