Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the USDT crashing?  (Read 1175 times)
Inikoo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:43:18 PM

I was always a bit afraid to hold USDT, because of the negative rumors keep coming of it. But hope there is nothing serious about it now, if USDT would crash, I think it would have a negative effect to the whole market.

doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:54:49 PM

Today there was a lot of information about this, but you saw that the price of the token today was falling and reached $ 0.9, so I’ll not say anything here, I’ll just remind you that it’s stablecoin which is backed by money.
why this situation was badly started to be used very negatively with respect to the USDT coin, but none the less no one provided any facts.
abstmain

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:02:43 PM

I think it will ensure us a bullrun. The same has happened once in 2017 and at that time, there was a big bubble. So, I also think the same will be happened and we will see an ATH or closer to an ATH>
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:08:55 PM

Some people say that the mission of the USDT was created to collapse.Why does OKex trade all large-scale USDT futures explosions? This caused the entire market to start exploding, and coins such as Bitcoin Ethereum rose rapidly, and BTC rose 13%. Is this situation beneficial to this market? Will the collapse of the USDT cause the entire market to collapse? What do you think will happen in the next situation?

For a long time, many people with the beginning of the fall of the market found salvation in the USDT. Now it's time to rob these people.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:15:54 PM

Actually USDT is never going to crash per say. I understand the bitfinex saga and Co has brought about rampant thoughts as to whether the stable coin USDT is questionable. Today, there was FUD earlier that Binance will delist USDT. Well, I love the positive feedback from CZbinance,  he tweeted Too much FUD and it had a great effect on the market. It's high time we stopped spreading  FUDs ,let's build a stronger crypto space. Together we can.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:16:27 PM

What happened in the last day goes to show how much impact FUD has in crypto. Once we see something no one waits to investigate further, the next minute, everyone goes into panic mode and crypto market comes crashing.
Sanmark

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:22:20 PM

They were "printing" shitload of tether without same amount of usd to back it up. And when you mix that with poloniex new USDC and bittrex listing USD on their exchange, tether just become new shitcoin! And shitcoins don't have impact on market!

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
sanacaks

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 07:32:43 PM

A lot of speculation gives market crazy move. I think USDT will come back to life near soon. It seems like a planned action for my thinking. For now i choose to not move until i see in reality, What is happening ?

SOVREN  ─────  Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.
Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets
          [  https://sovren.app/  ]
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:02:57 PM

One of the reasons why usdt did a small flash crash was because of a fake binance news spreading that they will delist usdt because it's a big scam. I was wondering why binance would come out so raw like that about am asset. I later found out it was fake news. Many people already panic sold at 10% loss.
komjhq

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:03:23 PM

A lot of speculation gives market crazy move. I think USDT will come back to life near soon. It seems like a planned action for my thinking. For now i choose to not move until i see in reality, What is happening ?
in any case, the real cryptocurrency equivalent of the dollar should be, because it is usdt that enables cryptocurrency users to wait out bad times in the cryptocurrency market.
soundrum
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:08:43 PM

I think the end of USDT has come, there many controversy about Tether and the team are unable to bring out solid decision. They can't come out with solid convention that they have enough USD to back USDT.
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:26:45 PM

I think the end of USDT has come, there many controversy about Tether and the team are unable to bring out solid decision. They can't come out with solid convention that they have enough USD to back USDT.
after such conversations and forecasts, there is very little pressure on such projects that were considered very promising.
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:58:07 AM

think Crypto USD and fiat USD are air bubbles

Perhaps, Crypto USD - I mean USDT, is an bubble, but USD is never. What are you thinking about when you said America's economy is a bubble? If yes, Earth is a big bubble. And the end of world will come soon.  Smiley
SidneyFoley

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:53:40 AM

Though the usdt hyas taken major blow and almost 25 percent of their price has gone down, it is unlikely it is their end. If the tether team comes up with an explanation, the investors will stop panicking, and ustd will regain its stability.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:18:24 AM

To answer that question, I would say because tether (just like any other meaningful crypto) is subject to the dynamics of the market which is largely controlled by demand and supply. But honestly I would love for it to be stable around $1 to give the necessary anchor we drive from it during a falling market.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:35:24 AM

Tether is still crypto, even though it plays the role of a fiat equivalent. It has fluctuated in the past, and I'm sure it will continue to move away from the dollar peg from time to time. It is a good reminder to us all that you should not regard it as the same as fiat, and even when the market is falling it is still a risk to hold USDT for a long period of time.
Davidbaecker

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:49:58 AM

There are a lot of variables to consider why the crash is even happening. One thing to keep in mind in a situation like this is to make sure you're getting the right information regarding the market as panicking or losing your cool won't do you any good. If you at the market right now BTC has risen in value. The most important thing right now is to keep an eye on the market and see what changes.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:45:49 AM

Tether is still crypto, even though it plays the role of a fiat equivalent. It has fluctuated in the past, and I'm sure it will continue to move away from the dollar peg from time to time. It is a good reminder to us all that you should not regard it as the same as fiat, and even when the market is falling it is still a risk to hold USDT for a long period of time.
Things are back to normal and we should not put too much pressure on Tether because most people keep USDT every time trading and investment demand is still high compared to the current. I personally believe Tether will still exist with Cryptocurrency and people need not worry about keeping this Fiat.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:48:44 AM

Some people say that the mission of the USDT was created to collapse.Why does OKex trade all large-scale USDT futures explosions? This caused the entire market to start exploding, and coins such as Bitcoin Ethereum rose rapidly, and BTC rose 13%. Is this situation beneficial to this market? Will the collapse of the USDT cause the entire market to collapse? What do you think will happen in the next situation?

I think usdt is not a really fiat converter, it's still a cryptocurrency too that can up and down normally.
Bitcoin sudden price pump that made tether price down i think
clonely

Activity: 490

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:51:27 AM

We shouldn't be surprised. This is not the first time USDT has done this. Similar things happened many times before.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: