Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Africa be a good place for crypto?  (Read 3544 times)
jahepahit

Activity: 866
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:04:41 AM

The success of digital wallets in the African continent was really great and based on what I've read on news articles about it, it really helped the economy and the businesses when it all started years ago.
With this in mind, will Africans be welcoming of bitcoin/altcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to earn cash or invest? Like using it as real money / cash?
maybe, all countries have the opportunity including africa, even now I find there are some ICOs made in Africa like Afrochain, and i think that is a good project.

Andrea9000

Activity: 210
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:44:51 PM

Why not? In the world of cryptography, it is necessary to have some kind of impetus in order for some of many countries to accept one of the cryptories for the main currency. Then the value of cryptography will increase at times.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:05:57 PM

Africa would have been a very good place for cryptocurrency but there is quite a lot of challenges. ICT infrastructure as well as the knowledge in most of the countries is very poor. On the other hand, governments are not helpful in embracing cryptocurrency. The people in power are selfish and they are enemy of transparency.
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:25:24 PM

I live in an African country, and I would say that before adopting cryptocurrency,  all of the people here have to have knowledge about it, because it is not that easy to understand about so many new coins at once. Also creating a cryptocurrency, could give the country some independecy related to the financial part, but will the 1st world countries accept this kind of currency for trades and exports/imports? probably not, that would prefer FIAT, because, coming from a 3rd world country, there would be always suspicion about the fluctuation of the market in the country. For example, in Mozambique we were getting established financially, but corruption, and debts just took the country to a worst place. Seeing that, it might look appealing to start using crypto, but would that help or would it create more financial problems?
Elijah Jackson

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:51:02 PM

Yes, I think Africa has a crypto future. Africa has a great potential. It has plenty of diamonds and oil, so yes, crypto is possible there, but they have to pass a long way to establish.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:04:53 AM

The success of digital wallets in the African continent was really great and based on what I've read on news articles about it, it really helped the economy and the businesses when it all started years ago.
With this in mind, will Africans be welcoming of bitcoin/altcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to earn cash or invest? Like using it as real money / cash?
Many unbanked people in Africa, bitcoin help people in Africa to improve their economy. African people use remittance service to do transactions which make their profit decrease before they know about bitcoin. More news about good impact of bitcoin will be spread.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
Lucusfoundation
Copper Member

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:18:52 AM

M-Pesa has nothing to do with cryptos and bitcoin, and the whole " Countries in Africa adopting cryptos" is such an overhyped theme people are getting bored of it.

It's been years since everybody was claiming each damn 3 world country be it from Asia or Africa, from Philipinne to Zimbabwe, Kenya to Vietnam will bring the new revolution and when articles like this came out some are still surprised about how reality, not hype works.

For god's sake, there are countries there where the illiteracy rate is above 60%!!! , we should talk about adopting an ABC not BTC.

I believe this comment is accurate, however, I'd also think about the fact that these people have lots of trust issues, main reason of why they adopted Mpesa.

Although Mpesa is not a cryptocurrency, the functioning is very similar (Digital wallets, digital transactions, etc.) and it really works.

Having said this, it's logic if Africa, with a high illiterate population, is a big adopter of cryptocurrencies.

Check on Celo.org project!

Best,
Borja
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:29:57 AM

Many unbanked people in Africa, bitcoin help people in Africa to improve their economy. African people use remittance service to do transactions which make their profit decrease before they know about bitcoin. More news about good impact of bitcoin will be spread.
i think if the supporting facilities for bitcoin are available, then it is possible. but many African countries are still underdeveloped, so that from their own human resources it is not yet possible. actually a lot of products can be offered there

BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:45:04 AM

M-Pesa has nothing to do with cryptos and bitcoin, and the whole " Countries in Africa adopting cryptos" is such an overhyped theme people are getting bored of it.

It's been years since everybody was claiming each damn 3 world country be it from Asia or Africa, from Philipinne to Zimbabwe, Kenya to Vietnam will bring the new revolution and when articles like this came out some are still surprised about how reality, not hype works.

For god's sake, there are countries there where the illiteracy rate is above 60%!!! , we should talk about adopting an ABC not BTC.

I could not agree more. Africa needs jobs and education more than the crypto innovations. They need to strengthen their economy and their people first before they venture in this emerging and disruptive tech. African needs our support and not persuade them to be an investors.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 05:28:35 PM

I don't think, because the economic situation there is not stable. the best place for crypto is in a developed and open country with advanced technology.
No doubt crypto currency grows faster in well developed countries because people are educated and they accept and value the improvements of the technologies, but in back ward countries it faces a little problem, for being use and invest but I think Africa is not that old and back ward country as it has so many facilities and internet access is not hard there anymore.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:15:14 PM

there will be higher possibilities available to get better development in this type of continents because they are will coming everything as like economic changes so if they possibly use the development of cryptocurrency to their country they will be more successful in the future and it will helpful for the development of the current cryptocurrency situation.

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:20:17 PM

I think they are ready to accept everything from the cryptocurrency so if they are accepting cryptocurrency as like a normal currency there will be a huge possibility of development with their cryptocurrency but it need support from the continent hundred percent only will be the chance to take a move on.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 08:29:34 PM

Any country who use crypto is good for development of crypto and more people to know about it. Now in South Africa ETN team try to make mass adoption and for people who live there, they will get 100 ETN every 5 or 6 days on cloud miner of ETN, and also on a mobile network they can recharge their phones with ETN directly from mobile app, this could be a good start and is better to have more countries who adopt crypto.
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:13:38 PM

The problem of adoption will still remain problem in the world over and not only in Africa and at the same time up till now son country or region of the world has accepted crypto currency as the their means of exchange for goods and services.
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:19:34 PM

Can you please support your aligation by mentioning the country in Africa that illitetracy rate is far above 60 percent? Who has your so call ABC help.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 10:08:45 PM

In terms of reducing the huge rates of bribery and corruption that is going on over there i believe the transparency of blockchain technology would really help the African countiries but the little problem in Africa is the poor connection to the internet.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
azalea69

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:53:03 AM

Indeed crypto is quite good and can develop in African countries, this will help African communities to be able to advance and develop human potential. We recognize that African countries will be able to develop into large countries.
microbb8

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 07:07:32 AM

I think an African is not up to bitcoin. Many even have no internet. After 50 years it will probably be so but not now.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Kimonoe

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:25:12 AM

In terms of reducing the huge rates of bribery and corruption that is going on over there i believe the transparency of blockchain technology would really help the African countiries but the little problem in Africa is the poor connection to the internet.
right, we know there are still many countries in Africa that are still lagging behind. but I am sure that the seriousness of the government can build good facilities and infrastructure, for the betterment of the country

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:48:53 AM

I think they are ready to accept everything from the cryptocurrency so if they are accepting cryptocurrency as like a normal currency there will be a huge possibility of development with their cryptocurrency but it need support from the continent hundred percent only will be the chance to take a move on.
- They are still not ready for this technology because Africa is a place with poor facilities and education is quite bad, they never use technology on a regular basis, the job of most people is manual labor and focus on exploiting natural resources, and with a condition not too ideal for technology, I don't think crypto can grow quickly here. I even think that countries here can ban crypto and not allow it to penetrate into the lives of people because crypto is always used for black market transactions, many terrorists have used crypto to transfer money, and this feature really is a dangerous thing for a society quite chaotic as in Africa

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌