Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:21:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:50:24 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
is hard to say but there is no quick way for people can understand about using bitcoin as a daily currency, slow but sure i think it can if a lot of bussiness company that are going to accepted bitcoin as a payment, we know if just few store who are accepting it, but the one who can make bitcoin as currency is a retail or store.
many people are open their store and accepting bitcoin that can affected later for bitcoin as a currency

Most of us are not ready to use it as a currency. However, if somebody wants to buy the goods for Bitcoin, he can find the sites that deal with it. Everything is possible. Just compare the resourses to pick the best one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:43:48 AM

We don't need to encourage people to use bitcoin, it will happen inevitably only if bitcoin has resolved important technical issues such as stability, security, and transaction speed. These are very significant in bitcoin adoption. It's bitcoin's task to show the public its capability. Then, people will use it without encourahing them.
randyg29

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:16:29 PM

I just think the way that I did to my friend by sharing what I know to them the way of making some conversation with my own friends that I want them to know how to use it and if they don't want to use to it we better let them go we should not force them if they don't like.

TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:59:34 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.

Many merchant not accepting bitcoin yet because government regulation not allow it. In several country like Japan or Germany, bitcoin already become currency and can use in merchant as payment. Its good start and i am believe others country will following Japan and Germany step

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:07:21 PM

all of this will depend on government regulation of crypto. because shops and even online stores will consider many things to accept crypto as a means of their transactions, including those from government regulations. we all really hope that many stores that accept bitcoin or other crypto as valid payment tools so crypto is really useful as a means of payment, not just investment assets that are widely exchanged by people to fiat.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:48:31 AM

I don’t know if that’s really possible. Bitcoin is volatile and that’s how it was meant to be, there is no way to have that changed and people are now seeing it as an investment or what they can easily manipulate to be in favor of themselves to gain profit. If you want to be using Bitcoin as a currency then get ready to face the consequences that comes with it as the price fluctuates up and down, cause you’re going to lose your money.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:42:50 AM

all of this will depend on government regulation of crypto. because shops and even online stores will consider many things to accept crypto as a means of their transactions, including those from government regulations. we all really hope that many stores that accept bitcoin or other crypto as valid payment tools so crypto is really useful as a means of payment, not just investment assets that are widely exchanged by people to fiat.

The impact of government regulation will really affect the crypto market  in a positive way if this happen many commercial establishments will use crypto as their mode of payment, by that people will be familiarized what cryptocurrency is and it will be good for the market because investment and buying coins in the market will start.
zubrr51

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:08:39 AM

Making people use Bitcoin as a real currency will not work. It should be convenient and safe, then people will start using it themselves.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:57:09 PM

The only issue here why people will not use bitcoin as currency is the volatility and they will afraid to take a risk to lose some amount of money in just few minutes as the price of bitcoin will change from time to time. I think this can only be a commodity rather than a currency.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:14:18 PM

Making people use Bitcoin as a real currency will not work. It should be convenient and safe, then people will start using it themselves.
Many complications can happen if people will only use bitcoin as currency. For some prefer to use bitcoin as currency and no fiat currency to be use. There should be regulations to be occur in the future to be safe and less complication in case this will implemented. Also with the volatility of the value about bitcoin that people will adopt this easily as currency.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:32:14 PM

We don't need to encourage people to use bitcoin, it will happen inevitably only if bitcoin has resolved important technical issues such as stability, security, and transaction speed. These are very significant in bitcoin adoption.
Bitcoin never be stable and transaction speed depends on what happen in the network and fees. There is nothing much you can do about that.

Also with the volatility of the value about bitcoin that people will adopt this easily as currency.
No, that's the opposite. Some countries banning Bitcoin because the volatility matter, so Bitcoin's volatile is not for all people and most likely they hate them because it could make you lost some amount of money.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
yfan2010

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:59:09 PM

I think as long as fiat money is still circulating in the community it will be very difficult to make bitcoin a legitimate payment instrument in all countries, because the sense of dependence on fiat money has become one within themselves.
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:33:50 PM

for now in my country the government has not fully formalized the crypto currency as the prevailing currency even the government forbids direct transactions with crypto currencies what maybe we can introduce crypto currencies to ordinary people is very difficult to make them believe crypto currencies are investments profitable

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Semaj123

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:41:50 PM

Adoption isn't so easy to achieved because majority of the people for now still prefer to used Fiat money. What is good is that cryptocurrencies are showing some progress which some private companies started to show some interest about the technology. Time will tell that everyone will learn to understand the potential of this technology.
coinluisa

Activity: 626

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:27:34 PM

I think is not easy to do that because government is not agree and many thing be discussed and to be considered if they do that. I think be thankful that crypto are using some store it means it's a big step.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:29:37 PM

You are right, the regulations will always need to follow so that you will be guided as well. We cannot pursue some individual to use bitcoin as crypto as of this moment because not everyone knew what is it and some does not need hassle eventhough bitcoin is hassle free. For us this is very useful and in demand.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:09:45 AM

I think its depending on merchant. Some merchant accept bitcoin and many merchant still afraid accepting bitcoin because government regulation. But in near future, i am believe more merchant accepting bitcoin as currency
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:38:37 AM

There are too many ways that we can do to encourage other people to use cryptocurrencies as a paying process for their every transactions they want to have in the virtual life and social lives. But we must considered that there are factors why people are being hesitate theirselves to do so, like; influence of their government, news about cryptocurrencies and the lacking of funds to invest on it.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:51:23 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 12:09:47 PM by KesoNie

There are too many ways that we can do to encourage other people to use cryptocurrencies as a paying process for their every transactions they want to have in the virtual life and social lives. But we must considered that there are factors why people are being hesitate theirselves to do so, like; influence of their government, news about cryptocurrencies and the lacking of funds to invest on it.
We can easily encourage people to used Bitcoin by showing them a evidence that you're get earn through it, because most people only believe if they saw a proof. But I think we can convince some of them if they really want too but if not then its better to find someone who is willing to know cryptocurrency than convincing those people that have no interest. Also I think many people is willing to be part of crypto right now because they know they can change their life.
kayzeeh

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:25:10 PM

You are right, and the real reason why merchants are hesitant to use it is because of its volatility, it will never have a fix value so they are still needed to learn how to hold it and when to trade it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: