Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:18:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:44:36 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
Getting people to make use of Bitcoin would be a very difficult thing to do. First of all, most of us already have a bank account and do you expect them to withdraw the whole they have in their accounts or maybe half of it and move it to cryptocurrency? No, that’s not going to happen, cryptocurrency is not even stable, how do you expect people to do such a thing? They will never agree.
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:29:12 AM

That might be a bit difficult to achieve except if is converted to fiat and then use to make purchase.The nature of crypto will not allow business to accept it directly for transaction because if the fear of losing.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:57:39 AM

Bitcoin is used mostly in trading and investment. To use it as a currency, there must be available shops that accept it as a mode of payment. Bitcoin is more volatile that the ordinary fiat and its price are changing in every minute so it is hard to maintain or stabilize its price. Furthermore, most of the people around the wirld are still prefers fiat so it might take time before they get use to bitcoin as their currency.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:35:29 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Getting people to make use of Bitcoin would be a very difficult thing to do. First of all, most of us already have a bank account and do you expect them to withdraw the whole they have in their accounts or maybe half of it and move it to cryptocurrency? No, that’s not going to happen, cryptocurrency is not even stable, how do you expect people to do such a thing? They will never agree.

Not today at least. Satoshi meant for bitcoin to be used like a currency for easier and cheaper transaction, though btc's current state would make it hard for anyone to consider it for it's real use. But don't count that posibility out as well since bitcoin's future is still far from realization.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:10:19 AM

Making use of Bitcoin should only be a matter of choice. Nobody would like to put their money into such a thing as cryptocurrency and lose it on a daily basis, not even you can do that, except if you planned for investment. But there are still a lot of people that are making use of Bitcoin, so if you planned to make use of it in accepting payments for services, there are lots of ways you can do that and receive payments from people straight to your wallet.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:31:36 AM

to be able to make many people start using bitcoin as a currency then bitcoin should be able to have a stable price and of course bitcoin must have clear rules for the circulation and use of bitcoin so that it can make the use of bitcoin safer and more comfortable.
Hilly

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:39:29 AM

I don't think that we need to worry about this too much. If Bitcoin looks attractive to the individuals, they will start using it without any compulsion from the promoters. At the most, we can educate people about the benefits and merits of Bitcoin.
This is true, at this point we dont have to worry about other people to use bitcoin as currency. In every country we have on our own currencies to use to buy foods and services. When bitcoin has more benefits that users enjoying much no need to force other people to use eventually they will adopt this technology.
Well said and I agreed with what you said seems we already have some part of the government supporting bitcoin as currency. Besides, the words said by the IMF Director, Malta PM and others crypto currency enthusiast is enough but we still have to spread the words about crypto using the media and a time will come that the world themselves will drift to  crypto currency.
So this could be done by enabling them understand the importance of crypto currencies and its use in daily life. In addition, once you have enough knowledge about the cryptocurrency, you would encourage other fellows to invest in it as well and so would the word spread.
gelinshidong

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:12:34 AM

The easiest way is that when the price of Bitcoin is higher than $100,000, it is natural for many people to pay through Bitcoin, and the price of Bitcoin determines the value of the entire cryptocurrency market.
Otsu

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:39:48 AM

It's hard to used bitcoins as a medium of exchange or as a currency because the price is unstable and highly volatile. And aside from that, there are no solid regulations that can protect the interest of the users in which will give them assurance that they will be satisfied in using cryptos as payments.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:22:15 PM

We have to recruit a People so that they can Work in bitcoin sp that it can help in our life and once again into our future so that we have to work here.
vedeloper

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:10:49 PM

People always need time to get used to something new
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:38:12 AM

It's hard to make Bitcoin a currency because Bitcoin has so many disadvantages that it's hard for anyone to use it as a common currency. Bitcoin's pricing is also a big drawback.
It is true that the volatility in the price of bitcoin is a big drawback for those that want to use bitcoin only as a currency, but besides that the only two other disadvantages that I see that bitcoin has is the speed at which a transaction is confirmed and the fact that you need a computer to access bitcoin when you do not need a computer in order to use cash.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:40:23 AM

It is not easy for ordinary people to use bitcoin as a medium of exchange, because until now we have to buy bitcoin in excahnger with FIAT and the process is very complicated especially the verification of KYC customers, although security is very complicated for new people. and as you say there aren't many sellers who accept payments even though online.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:50:42 AM

After Bitcoin drops to the lowest level several times in price, it can then be stopped for a long term as a means of accumulating value and will finally be used as a means of payment. However, in this case it is still necessary for Bitcoin to legalize the state and develop the infrastructure for its direct use as a means of payment.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:18:07 AM

Not today at least. Satoshi meant for bitcoin to be used like a currency for easier and cheaper transaction, though btc's current state would make it hard for anyone to consider it for it's real use. But don't count that posibility out as well since bitcoin's future is still far from realization.
Lol, even the question doesn’t make any sense. It’s none of the op’s business if people choose to make use of cryptocurrency or not. You can’t force anyone to make use of what they don’t want to, people just don’t like Bitcoin and that’s the truth. Not even all of us here can withdraw the whole money we have in banks and put them in cryptocurrency, because we know what will happen.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:50:55 AM

After Bitcoin drops to the lowest level several times in price, it can then be stopped for a long term as a means of accumulating value and will finally be used as a means of payment. However, in this case it is still necessary for Bitcoin to legalize the state and develop the infrastructure for its direct use as a means of payment.
you're right, but we can't impose that will. sometimes, when people know the potential of bitcoin, that person will only see bitcoin as a tool to generate profits, and that is normal. I think a low price now will make many people try to make transactions, or open a business that is related to bitcoin, so bitcoin will be used as a means of payment by people.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:15:12 AM

you're right, but we can't impose that will. sometimes, when people know the potential of bitcoin, that person will only see bitcoin as a tool to generate profits, and that is normal. I think a low price now will make many people try to make transactions, or open a business that is related to bitcoin, so bitcoin will be used as a means of payment by people.

i agree . that is only the time that people will use bitcoin as a currency because when btc price is low , its transaction fee is also cost cheaper and the transaction speed also improved dramatically but all of this can become opposite whenever the value of btc goes higher and higher  .

Yet , both scenario are still good because people will still buy btc for investing or for paying use .  so dont worry guys , it is still a win win situation for us and for btc as well .
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:45:19 AM

Somethings are quite impossible to change, maybe it’s time we stop fighting over Bitcoin and banks which one is to stay. By the way, even if you decide to make use of cryptocurrency, that still doesn’t change the fact that banks will be there, cause every cryptocurrency exchange are relying on banks for storing the company’s funds.

When you want to buy Bitcoin, you pay through your bank account, do you ever ask yourself where those money goes to, do you think they just disappear into the air? No they don’t, they go into another person’s bank account. So you can’t change anything.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:37:26 PM

I think people will use Bitcoin as a currency only when they will gain confidence in Bitcoin and stop fearing that. This can be made possible only with the help of government. The governments of many countries are still holding negative views about cryptocurrencies and banning its use. Under such circumstances, how can we expect people to have faith and use Bitcoin as a currency? It will only happen when Bitcoin will be allowed to operate freely and openly.
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 11:41:04 PM

This process begins from the very first day you are trying to convince that person to join cryptocurrency. Never you create the exciting impression that crypto will make the person wealthy. But rather, tell the person it is mainly a medium of exchange without intermediary.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: