Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 08:33:45 PM

Making people use bitcoin as a currency isn't a big deal. Earlier bitcoin was portrayed negatively by media and it got its major use on gambling and dark web. Now scenario is different, bitcoin is being used all around similar to currency. Possibly by 2020 we can see at least 10% if people using bitcoin as currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:33:21 AM

Making people use bitcoin as a currency isn't a big deal. Earlier bitcoin was portrayed negatively by media and it got its major use on gambling and dark web. Now scenario is different, bitcoin is being used all around similar to currency. Possibly by 2020 we can see at least 10% if people using bitcoin as currency.
I hope that hope will be realized so that the development will be more rapid, because in my country, bitcoin is planned only as a digital asset, not as a means of payment. at least there will be more opportunities to pay to use it, although in neighboring countries
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 05:19:38 AM

yes you are right, this is just a matter of trust and one's liking. but lately the bitcoin enthusiasts are reduced maybe because the price has dropped dramatically and the current market conditions. yes, hopefully what you say happens even more later. wait and see what will happen in 2020.
mimipipi

Activity: 187

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:36:58 AM

If you look at the terms of the currency, I'm pessimistic that bitcoin will become a currency. Because bitcoin does not have a real base/item that is shaped as a currency, it is different with nominal money. Besides that bitcoin has a volatile value and the price is not fixed and can change in every second, different from real money. So in my opinion bitcoin will not be a currency in the general sense but has its own understanding as a crypto currency that has a sale value.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
mariah.sadio

Activity: 573
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:31:29 PM

Bitcoin for me will only be just a digital currency not a physical currency. It is the reason why people got interested in using and transacting with it because it is a digital currency. Bitcoin proves that our technology is advanced.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE 
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:56:54 PM

Bitcoin for me will only be just a digital currency not a physical currency. It is the reason why people got interested in using and transacting with it because it is a digital currency. Bitcoin proves that our technology is advanced.
But I think it can prove that we can use this currency as a real currency for example online shopping we can use bitcoin as a currency and we can buy everything with this currency cars, house etc, so easily we will get everything for our all purpose so that's why we can save our time in this busy life, so it will very good to use bitcoin as a currency.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 11:07:32 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.

Well if that means for main currency i think it's impossible to use bitcoin as payment. micro transaction know also needed for some people.
Currency in crypto means is for alternative digital payment that people use daily on the internet or with any digital business.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:45:13 PM

Well it is for a lot of us since not all of us are using Bitcoin at their daily lives. For me, Bitcoin is a crytpo currency that can give you a good amount of profit when the time comes. Instead of using them, I prefer holding or saving them since the price of it change quickly and might give me a good profit as the price pumps. No one knows what might happen but all I know is that when people knew that we are earning money using Bitcoin, a lot of them will be willing to invest on it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:07:06 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.

Well if that means for main currency i think it's impossible to use bitcoin as payment. micro transaction know also needed for some people.
Currency in crypto means is for alternative digital payment that people use daily on the internet or with any digital business.

We can convinced people to use bitcoin as currency ,but first they should be given enough overview , the concept of cryptocurrency in order to broaden their mind the important use of bitcoin and the same time investments, so if they understand they will surely go for bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:22:26 AM

People will naturally use a cryptocurrency as a currency if there's a decent one. There's a lot of factors that need to be considered for people to use it. Cryptocurrency is anonymous and decentralized and that is what the majority fears. It needs some sort of regulation to control it for the safety of the user.
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 04:15:22 AM

We are here to back-up and support of bitcoin. bitcoin will never become currency if it is not become number 1 choice and primary use to people anytime. for the mean time the bitcoin status is used for alternative option to become a source of income to people.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:48:32 PM

To get people to use currency, more online e-commerce platform can be encourage to accept Bitcoin as a mean of transaction on there website, also  there is a need to increase the awareness on the important of BTC  in our society, alot of individual still believe it is a ponzi scheme or a get quick rich platform
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:53:08 PM

The current highlighted problem for bitcoin is the volatility, we all know that using a currency that has a high volatility is very uncomfortable.
One of the solutions to solve this is by make the volume increase.
onix213

Activity: 80
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 09:29:47 PM

In fact, the currency of the Bitcoin is becoming more popular regardless of the state of the bearish market now, but we can say that it gained its position among the most currencies that facilitate the exchange, especially in e-commerce and this will make the society more free.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊ ◊
ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork of Ethereum ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
https://ethereumcv.io
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 01:10:34 AM

Not necessarily.  If I'm not mistaken, payment processors like Bitpay convert to fiat instantly so that there's no exchange rate risk for the merchant to deal with.  But volatility certainly does prevent businesses from actually accepting bitcoin (as opposed to bitcoin that's converted to fiat by the payment processor).  It obviously wouldn't be good for any merchant if they got a payment in bitcoin and then the price crashed shortly thereafter. 
that means transaction are not done directly, and requires the role of a third party to convert money instantly, IMO risks and additional costs are inevitable here
You did manage to overcome the volatility problem here, but you failed in utilizing the actual decentralized features,
xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:02:47 AM

Before asking people for using bitcoin as a currency we have to know legal or not of bitcoin as a currency at their country, how come to ask them for using bitcoin but bitcoin still illegal transaction.
emilanea56

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:47:30 AM

I think bitcoin can be used as currency in near future. now, its volatility are low and it rarely can exchange in few places.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:30:02 AM

When people realized that having Bitcoin is simple and secure, they might possibly decide to join in. The better way to make understand it is to give them or let them have a Crypto wallet where it shows the basic feature of Crypto which are open source code, peer to peer transfer, decentralization and user friendly feature. I use Hodler wallet when presenting it to.someone, since it is the only open source multi wallet available and it has easy to handle feature.
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 03:51:39 AM

I think that having fast transactions (so no scalability issues) and also cheap ones is a must if we want for Bitcoin to reach mass adoption. During the end of the 2017 boom, the average cost for a transaction reached impractical prices...
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:55:14 AM

When people realized that having Bitcoin is simple and secure, they might possibly decide to join in. The better way to make understand it is to give them or let them have a Crypto wallet where it shows the basic feature of Crypto which are open source code, peer to peer transfer, decentralization and user friendly feature. I use Hodler wallet when presenting it to.someone, since it is the only open source multi wallet available and it has easy to handle feature.

in addition also, as more and more merchants and companies are joining to accept bitcoin as a form of payment, people will come to know and realize the benefits of using crypto. however, price volatility is the hardest part to tackle. why many establishments are still in hesitation to use this as payment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: