Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
leech.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:27:34 AM

We can only help bitcoin indirectly. Investing in it and taking advantage already in those stores that exist. You can also create your own business selling something for Bitcoin. People will start using Bitcoin as a currency in everyday life when the state allows it. At the moment, the state’s trust in Bitcoin is not yet available. Let's see what will happen next.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:23:40 AM

We can only help bitcoin indirectly. Investing in it and taking advantage already in those stores that exist. You can also create your own business selling something for Bitcoin. People will start using Bitcoin as a currency in everyday life when the state allows it. At the moment, the state’s trust in Bitcoin is not yet available. Let's see what will happen next.

Exactly. That is the point of introducing cryptocurrencies to more people. We should just make it a habit of them and get used to it without making them know. For example, if you sell things and you accept cryptos as a way of paying it is a way of giving them the incentive to get them involved and study about what Bitcoin is.
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:50:21 PM

maybe in the future it could happen if the government had formalized the crypto currency as a valid currency, of course, it might be easy to make people use crypto currencies
Alexlax

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:55:38 PM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.
I agree, because until there is a stable price for cryptocurrency, it will not be used in the daily routine such as: shopping in the market, paying for utilities, etc.
MoonCrypt

Activity: 247
Merit: 16

Learn and Grow

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 04:55:12 PM

for this integration to occur people already make use of exchanges daily trade volume that can be syn with a daily payment platform

jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:27:00 AM

if you want to adopt bitcoin for world payment purposes, then there must be a financial institution behind Bitcoin that keeps prices stable
the worst impact is, the loss of the decentralized nature of bitcoin itself, because bitcoin starts to be controlled by an institution
like the example is paypal, where paypal is popular because of the price stability of the USD rate which is the current world currency, so paypal is an alternative payment online

Bitcoin naturally is decentralized cryptocurrency and i think financial institution can not control bitcoin. In japan and few country, they are already allowing merchant accept bitcoin as payment and i think its about government regulation. If government regulate and allowing bitcoin transaction in merchant, i am believe there is no need financial institution control bitcoin
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3200

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:38:58 AM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.
I agree, because until there is a stable price for cryptocurrency, it will not be used in the daily routine such as: shopping in the market, paying for utilities, etc.

Your thinking is too polarized. You are thinking all-or-nothing. There is no reason that Bitcoin can't be used as a currency while it is volatile. The reality is that it might be less used when it is volatile, but that is not the same as not used.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:13:57 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency and millions of people using it everyday, if you are talking about if it can become a world currency that can replace fiat i don't think it will happen soon. The price of bitcoin is very unstable so it will be risky to use it as a real world currency.

TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:17:01 AM

People in our community will become aware to what is bitcoin if we will promote it. I keep sharing all of the information that I learned to other people for them to experience the new technology that emerge. We should share our knowledge for the cryptocurrency community to become more stronger.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:42:03 AM

We can not pust others people should use bitcoin, like no one should push us using others currency beside our own national currency. Bitcoin will be a currency for payment if many merchant accepting it and i am believe many merchant will use it when government regulate bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

But we could still give information about bitcoin and what is bitcoin benefits to them. I am sure that if they know and learn about bitcoin, they will join by themselves and we can teach them to use bitcoin as the investment only. Bitcoin is not only for the currency but we can use the other side of bitcoin which is the investment, and I think people will think about to invest in bitcoin. But don't forget to tells them about the bitcoin volatility so they know that in bitcoin investment, there is a risk that they should understand.

I am agree with you. We can give information about cryptocurrency and the market to others people. If they have knowledge about cryptocurrency, they will have positive view about cryptocurrency. If we give them full information about blockchain or bitcoin or cryptomarket, i think maybe they attracted to invest

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 08:03:23 AM

We cannot force someone to use bitcoin as a currency. First, in some countries Bitcoin does not yet have clear rules regarding its use. Second, if bitcoin wants to be used by many people it must have stable volatility because, with that stability, people will avoid big losses by using bitcoin.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 02:11:02 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
we can get them to use bitcoin as a currency is to encourage them and to show what is good on bitcoin or what is the ability of it when they use it, to steal their attention be a good example to them to show that bitcoin is so good.
zemper

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:10:53 PM

We cannot force someone to use bitcoin as a currency. First, in some countries Bitcoin does not yet have clear rules regarding its use. Second, if bitcoin wants to be used by many people it must have stable volatility because, with that stability, people will avoid big losses by using bitcoin.
True. There are some psychological aspects of people's rejection of cryptocurrency. They get used to the common mediums of exchange. It may take some time to study and accept new worldwide payment method.

Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:26:15 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency and millions of people using it everyday, if you are talking about if it can become a world currency that can replace fiat i don't think it will happen soon. The price of bitcoin is very unstable so it will be risky to use it as a real world currency.
Bitcoin is not sustainable, that's why people are so hesitant to use or even invest in it. It's volatility keeps people from using it. Yes, you're right it's very unstable and it very risky to used as a real world currency.

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:29:32 PM

Bitcoin is not sustainable, that's why people are so hesitant to use or even invest in it. It's volatility keeps people from using it. Yes, you're right it's very unstable and it very risky to used as a real world currency.

yes it is the risky currency to use as normal currency but the possibility is there not now but in the future in this situation this quote is very suitable for that we cannot predict the future but anything is possible.
MeongElek

Activity: 418

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:27:00 AM

People will start using Bitcoin as a currency in everyday life when the state allows it. At the moment, the state’s trust in Bitcoin is not yet available. Let's see what will happen next.
And currently, only a few Countries have accepted Bitcoin as a legitimate payment method (currency). I am sure, they are waiting for the digital currency (Bitcoin) to stabilize in value. Because if the value is not stable, they assume this will bring a big loss when using it as a currency.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:41:43 AM

It isn't that easy to make people to use bitcoin similar to currency. For the same what we need is more marketplace to accept bitcoin as well other digital currencies. Right now only very few online Marketplaces have been accepting bitcoin into their businesses. Day to day usage need to increase only then it can get be sure to be same as currency.
qwerty6274

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:55:06 AM

People will use Bitcoin in everyday life as a normal currency when the state allows it. Fiat currencies are now too strong to give way to cryptocurrency. Moreover, it takes a lot of time to do this. If this will happen, then it will take at least 5 years.
Although the first steps in this direction are already there. On the Internet there are regular stores where you can buy using Bitcoin.
terahash
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 12:18:00 PM

I have used bitcoin to buy goods (some items), we can only transact with people who understand bitcoin and cryptocurrency if we use bitcoin to someone who does not understand it he will never want to use it . and of course if bitcoin stable more people want bitcoin
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:33:12 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
In my community, there are now markets and stores that accepting cryptocurrencies. They became aware to what it is because of the local government. They created a program where people will learn what it is and how to use it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: