Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:39:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:58:03 AM

actually I have done activities to invite other people to use bitcoin as an exchange tool, but they did not dare to do it, especially because in my country there were no regulations regarding the use of bitcoin.

Agree, that in some countries it has not made legal regulations on Bitcoin. Can only give information about benefits that can be generated with Bitcoin and the benefits that will be obtained later. It seems like a crazy thing against government regulations that put you in jail. If you force it.
Cheesy Cheesy  therefore I also cannot impose my will to actively promote people in my country to be able to use crypto currencies like bitcoin.
I said it had a bad effect on me like a prison sentence or something like I said.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:40:37 PM

I keep on saying that if we are not trading cryptocurrencies as money or forex we are treating bitcoin as stocks or commodities and that actually reduce it values as money and make it to be the way we see it now.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:04:23 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.

Convincing people when the market is currently down would be too hard for now. The best thing to do is to educate people and let them know the role of bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the society and how could it be a big help in the economic growth of each country if we will adopt it as a currency.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 10:49:10 PM

The best way is to spread cryptocurrency awareness. The problem is people nowadays are after quick profit and some are impatient. Some would think that crypto is a scam.

Exactly. Many people are in it for a quick buck, instead of using it as a real currency. Given how volatile Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are, it's difficult for anyone to stay in the game (unless he/she is a true believer of the technology). I believe that the only way Bitcoin will be used as a real currency is if it's stable across the market. Only then, people can invest into it with confidence, using it as a real currency for their daily lives.

Another issue that prevents Bitcoin from being used as a real currency is its low transaction capacity. Because of this, confirmation times are slow and fees are high with increased network load. If we want people to use Bitcoin as a currency, we would need to support scalable solutions that will prevent fees from rising, maintaining fast transaction confirmation times. Until that happens, then people will be using Bitcoin as a store of value, instead of a real currency like the USD. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:30:59 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.

Nowadays there are many merchants already which are bitcoin accepted in different countries actually.
Aside from that we can get people to use bitcoin if they will see you converting bitcoin into your fiat currency.
Because majority of the people are to see is to believe.
Precisely, when they see the benefits from the real end users they will be tempted to use it as well, more people to learned it more will be interested,
we can't force them but we can attract them in many ways, this is a good example where different countries are already showing their interest after
hearing the benefits.

Adoptions will happen the sooner, it's just need to have a lots of end users help to make things possible.

I am agree. Adoption happen if people believe that with bitcoin, their transaction much more cheaper and secure. We can not force merchant to accept bitcoin because its government regulation but many online merchant already accept bitcoin and many bitcoin ATM around the world
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 01:38:42 AM

Effective awareness creation is the best solution. Up till now, I still have friends in Austria who have heard of Bitcoin just for the first time from me about  week ago. This means there are more people out there without any knowledge about the existence of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Users of crypto can advocate for and ask for payment with Bitcoin as an option after purchase of any item from a shop. This will draw the attention of shop owners about Bitcoin and they will begin to research into it and finally integrate it into the payment systems.
hen cet

Activity: 349

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:53:51 AM

I keep on saying that if we are not trading cryptocurrencies as money or forex we are treating bitcoin as stocks or commodities and that actually reduce it values as money and make it to be the way we see it now.
Of course we as bitcoin owners must often use it as a payment tool, at least in the bitcoin community. Because, something that is used to pay and agreed means currency.
If this is routinely used throughout the world, then I believe it will be a movement to use bitcoin that slowly but surely changes the perspective and way of thinking about bitcoin, so that the hope of bitcoin as a digital currency in the world will come true.
rika0223

Activity: 634
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:51:35 AM

Crypto currency can be used by anyone with the most common requirements being legality issues from government and recognition as crypto currency as the applicable currency for the applicable currency
Akagum
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

SIGMA by HYDRA X

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:51:24 PM

I think to make people start accepting bitcoin as a currency, there is the need to reduce the scalability issue that gets investors, people turn off from accepting it .
There's the need also to iorove in the various key technologies of the blockchain.
There's the need for bitcoin to bring down value to the everyday activities of the people.

devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:11:04 PM

it will be very difficult because what is still an obstacle is legalizing crypto currencies such as bitcoin, so that if the government has not legalized it to use bitcoin as a currency it will be very difficult
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:31:26 PM

crypto currency can make people believe and use of course it all relates to the legality of the government the possibility that if the government has formalized crypto currency of course everyone will use it too
Even though some countries have made a conclusion to legalize cryptocurrency but in the reality some people doesn't seem interested with cryptocurrency because they might think that "Why would I even need this kind of thing? Where I already have this flat money" and such.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
absy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:55:22 PM

crypto currency can make people believe and use of course it all relates to the legality of the government the possibility that if the government has formalized crypto currency of course everyone will use it too
Even though some countries have made a conclusion to legalize cryptocurrency but in the reality some people doesn't seem interested with cryptocurrency because they might think that "Why would I even need this kind of thing? Where I already have this flat money" and such.
True , my professor who has extra ordinary knowledge in blockchain technology isn't actually interested in crypto currency . He always tells me he doesn't like it and would use blockchain in many other beneficial ways.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:50:34 PM

There is no easy way for us to ask people to get to use bitcoin as a currency but to educate them so that they will know the value of cryptocurrency. They should know how bitcoin could change things and could make transactions faster and easier.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:02:17 AM

There is no easy way for us to ask people to get to use bitcoin as a currency but to educate them so that they will know the value of cryptocurrency. They should know how bitcoin could change things and could make transactions faster and easier.

Yes. Without proper education about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, people won't become interested into using them for their daily lives. While hacks and scams have a negative influence on Bitcoin, it's important to guide people every step of the way into using Bitcoin correctly. By properly securing one's Bitcoin holdings, it'll be nearly impossible to experience hacks or falling for scams easily. I guess that most people are afraid of joining Bitcoin in the first place because of this.

However, the time will come when Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are attractive enough for the average person to use. With regulatory measures in place, as well as, spreading awareness about Bitcoin, I'm sure that more people will choose Bitcoin as an alternative to Fiat in the future.

Nonetheless, it may be difficult to gather a lot of people into using Bitcoin as a currency. But as time goes by, things will become easier for any average person to get started using Bitcoin right away. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
rachellee

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 01:59:05 AM

Once even the local retail stores are accepting it as a payment method, people will use it. We honestly don't have to drag them and use it. The answer lies on the merchants. There is already a need to use it, so using it on the part of the consumers is not a problem anymore. While many merchants already adopted the ideas of bitcoin, anticipating its blooming and believing in its great potential, many still are hampered by the FUD.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:08:39 AM

True , my professor who has extra ordinary knowledge in blockchain technology isn't actually interested in crypto currency . He always tells me he doesn't like it and would use blockchain in many other beneficial ways.

oh that's strange .  how can he jump into the blockchain without knowing crypto first ? we all know that crypto first came out before blockchain became popular . his blockchain skills would have become totally useless if he wont be interested on crypto's because crypto and blockchain must be a perfect tandem at all times  .
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:54:46 AM

oh that's strange .  how can he jump into the blockchain without knowing crypto first ? we all know that crypto first came out before blockchain became popular . his blockchain skills would have become totally useless if he wont be interested on crypto's because crypto and blockchain must be a perfect tandem at all times  .
between blockchain and crypto is different. blockchain can stand alone without crypto, but this cannot be done without blockchain crypto. coincidentally, the two evolved together, so many of the crypto assumptions were blockchain

sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:16:52 AM

Blockchain is a system and crypto is something that use this Blockchain technology. It's really different and it's really strange that you have to know crypto before to know what Blockchain is. Maybe his professor is interested with the Blockchain technology but doesn't really care with the crypto itself, that's acceptable.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:33:38 PM

The most efficient way is to show people how to transact using bitcoin. That way, they will make their own judgments about the advantages and disadvantages of bitcoin as a currency. Don't force them to use bitcoin because it will make them hate Bitcoin more. For them to be curious so that curiosity can make them start using bitcoin as the currency used for various transactions.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:19:35 PM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.
Agreed. Just after I saw the topic I thought exactly the same.
Honestly I'm a little surprised that newbie said that. Generally all newbies have very optimistic thoughts about bitcoin usage over the globe  Cheesy
Bitcoin's price should to jump so fast and deeply to people use it in daily life. Currently everyone concentrated on its trading in search of fast profit due to sharply unstable price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: