Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:52:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In how many ICO's have you invested and how many white-papers have you read?  (Read 717 times)
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 10:09:58 AM

I invested in 3 ICO projects and all three times failed. Although I studied the project very well (one of my criteria was the study of the whitepaper). Everything was perfectly written there, but the project was still scam.
cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:30:36 AM

I have read each whitepaper. I took part in 20-30 ICOs during 2018 and I thought it is a must for everyone at least to read the whitepaper, before taking part in an ICO. But it did not bring me a lot fo benefits, because 90 percent got negative outcomes.

waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 10:32:16 AM

I also have not invested in ICO but for choosing bounty it is necessary measure to read white papers. My list of WP is smth around 50.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:16:35 AM

Lets find out the ICO investment : white paper reading ratio.  Cheesy
People keep thinking it is the whitepaper that makes an ICO what it is but in reality the truth can't be any further from reality. Whitepaper is only there to show you what the coin is promising but the important parts are the community, the team and the developers who are building said promises. If one of that fails than all of the coin goes to 1 satoshi or whatever and loses you money. If the community is not happy with the coin than they sell and price goes low, if the team doesn't seem honest and looks like scammers or something else than the coin gets low again and if the developers do not deliver the promises made on that whitepaper than the coin once again drops. No matter what you do just don't trust only the whitepaper, of course read it if you want but don't invest purely from whitepaper.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
blockchain2k (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 44

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:20:02 PM

People keep thinking it is the whitepaper that makes an ICO what it is but in reality the truth can't be any further from reality. Whitepaper is only there to show you what the coin is promising but the important parts are the community, the team and the developers who are building said promises. If one of that fails than all of the coin goes to 1 satoshi or whatever and loses you money. If the community is not happy with the coin than they sell and price goes low, if the team doesn't seem honest and looks like scammers or something else than the coin gets low again and if the developers do not deliver the promises made on that whitepaper than the coin once again drops. No matter what you do just don't trust only the whitepaper, of course read it if you want but don't invest purely from whitepaper.

Thank you Kaka for your valuable input opening a wider room for discussion.

Usually, it is the ICO that makes the whitepaper. White-paper is also a great guide for the team to focus on. I agree that it is extremely important to keep the community informed, the team should be working as much as they can to full fill their road-map and the developers should be extremely competent. We are going to launch our own ICO shortly. If you want to get the early-bird notification about its launch date, make sure to reply to my thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4732575.40
v_i_p

Merit: 21

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:23:57 PM

I read about thirty white papers. I invested in the area of ten projects.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:58:49 PM

A very good question, because most people certainly don’t read white paper, because it may contain information that is not related to the project, but most importantly you invest money in pictures.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 06:04:03 AM

Almost all of the ICO projects that I joined to have read all the whitepaper. Even when I only join the bounty campaign, I also read the whitepaper. Because when you don't, what is the reason for you to join in the bounty campaign. It is good to read the whitepaper, to know more about the project.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
AlexandrInt

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:15:02 AM

Lets find out the ICO investment : white paper reading ratio.  Cheesy
The main thing is not the reading coefficient, but the result is already after. After all, we have seen all sorts of ideas on this market all the time, which look perfect on paper, and when realizing these ideas, problems arise. And after all, the influence of the project and the caps of the project and the team making it up.

judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:34:57 AM

rarely I invest in the project if it does not really have good quality. but the white paper is that often times I read. It is also important because of the potential to determine the outcome of the bounty whitepaper gives an overview and results of the project will be visible from here.
corrado25

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:48:32 AM

Did not invest money in ICO.In order to invest there you need to study the project well and also consult with many people who have experience in this area because there is now a lot of ico, and many of them are just promises on paper and are worthless.

FreeAirdrops

Activity: 179
Merit: 6

Infleum

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 07:02:36 AM

I've read a good deal of whitepapers and only participated in 2 ICOs. One paid off very well, my second is to be determined.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
v_i_p

Merit: 21

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:34:02 PM

I've read a good deal of whitepapers and only participated in 2 ICOs. One paid off very well, my second is to be determined.
I invested already when the market was unimportant. Expected profit I no received, but not suffered the losses that they consider a satisfactory result.
Georgiyk

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:40:08 PM

So far, I have not invested in any project yet. While reading a lot, studying and learning, but before investing money has not yet reached. As for the white paper, I read about 15 papers.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
Bessta

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:25:13 PM

I am not counting how many white paper readings I did. But speaking of ICO whitepapers, most of them are really bad and it is hard to know which one is good especially most of them are actually focusing on the product this year and not on the coin's price.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:32:35 PM

I think that it’s necessary to say right away that I don’t take part in investing if I don’t read white paper, of course I read more than one white paper and I understand that in general there should be written there, I didn’t consider, because sometimes I read just like that because I have nothing to do.
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:48:09 PM

I do not read white paper, if the project does not have at least an alpha version of its product, if there is already a beta version, then this is very good. I also see if there are partnership agreements and good advisors, because this is a very big part of the project’s success. I do not advise you to invest in projects based on white paper.

At one time I read a lot of white papers, but you can write anything in them. Now I choose a project by team, existing developments and site icodrops.com

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:06:21 PM

I have invested in about three ICOs and I have fully read more or less ten whitepapers. I usually just scan most of the whitepapers since a lot of them look so similar. If I find something interesting, I set it aside first and find a good time to read it fully.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:15:53 PM

Participated in 4 initial coin offerings and I think I have read about 10+ whitepapers. Most of the time I just scan a whitepaper and if I like it I will fully read it. But going from reading it to really participating in the ICO there is a huge bridge between it. A whitepaper is (like many others have mentioned here) not enough to invest in the ICO.

There are many ICOs who have abandoned their whitepapers since raising funds. It's quite normal nowadays for projects to change their trajectory in which they are headed.
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 04:24:10 PM

I do not invest in ISO at all, only bounty and trading. When choosing a project for bounty and buying tokens (not ISO), I re-read white paper several times).

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: