Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we stop Bitcoin's negative publicity?-Rebranding.  (Read 1057 times)
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:24:46 PM

rebranding the name bitcoin will actually make it more difficult for the cryptocurrency position, because most people know today is bitcoin = crypto. the branding is now good enough and very supportive for bitcoin, the negative issue that is out there is a consequence of the popularity of bitcoin itself. Renaming means that we admit defeat to the negative publicity. the more important point is that we must be able to fight the negative publicity itself, build public trust in bitcoin gradually
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:44:14 PM

technology can not go the way of success only based on the good results of his test, otherwise it will not be a success, and paid PR
tanxpresisit514

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

To stop negative publicity of bitcoin can be reached through building up education foundations of bitcoin itself in the society. There are no other ways but this. Education can change anything as long as it is done consistently. People now are mostly recognizing bitcoin as investment only but they don't comprehend in depth about it. Therefore it often has miss and negative publicity mindset of bitcoin.
I agree with your opinion, especially through education because so far bitcoin is considered something that does not make sense by some people. Education may focus more on bitcoin as a problem solver that occurs in countries with weak currencies. Bitcoin must be positioned as a digital currency that greatly helps the economy of a country.
Jamburn

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:08:16 PM

In my discussions with new cryptanalysts, one thing I noticed was the lack of desire to learn about blockchain technology and how the whole thing worked. If the crypto world is somehow able to make this process simpler and easier to follow, plus some positive dynamics to change the perception, I hope bitcoin and crypto in general can become Broadly accepted payment methods and better sense.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:11:02 PM

I will not support the opinion of rebranding Bitcoin because this will do more harm to the said digital currency. Negative publicity will not stop because some individuals earn from spreading and spread of this awkward lifestyle of propaganda.  Also remember that, nothing on this planet earth will not be negatively speak to in it existence, rebranding will do more havoc than good.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:15:43 PM

"Rebranding" is what a failed company (in this case failed altcoin) does in order to start fresh and fool people by trying to hide the dirty history it had. bitcoin does not have such dirty history and does not need to hide anything so there is no need for "rebranding".

in fact all these negative FUDs that we keep hearing about bitcoin is a very good thing because history proves how many idiots have been around and how many big names were among those idiots. you can check bitcoin obituaries https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/ to see all of them and counting and bitcoin still goes on stronger than before.
Very well said, mate! Bitcoin doesn't need any kids of rebranding and that idea doesn't make sense and intellectual people will only laugh when anyone tries to bring that kind of idea into Bitcoin. I don't know what comes up to the OP's mind and why he think that rebranding will make Bitcoin better and erase its negativity. Huh Huh Huh
Even if Bitcoin is rebranded(I know this sh*t won't happen) nothing will happen and people will just laugh at this kind of idea LOL.
Most of the negative news about Bitcoin is part of FUD by those who wanted to make Bitcoin's price lower so they will be able to buy more at a lower price and these groups are well organized and there are big people's behind this.  Cool

KotiKo

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:50:11 PM

And I think that Bitcoin already has great advertising, over the last year a lot of people have learned about it. And it also seems to me that the positive reputation of Bitcoin will be able to block all the negative news.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:01:14 PM

I don't think rebranding bitcoin is necessary at all. Very many people are used to the the big name bitcoin either from negative or positive side. Changing anything may even cause more harm than imagined. What is more necessary is awareness. Let us all spread the positive news and oppose wrong opinion. People need enlightenment.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:05:46 PM

Who will do the re-branding? we dont know if Nakamoto is still alive!
This is not the solution for the market.
One big step in having a great market with BTC is to have a good demand from the market.
Merchant should start accepting BTC as payment, government must allow BTC transaction on their country.
Lilmon

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:06:00 PM

I don't think that's the solution, you can see what happens when you do a fork, and this would happen if we do a rebranding, plus you have to reach a consensus for that to happen and it's usually difficult to do because of the decentralized nature of bitcoin.
Legolass

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:09:37 PM

We can not stop the rumors of bitcoin because it is the right of everyone to express their own ideas.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

So I am subscribed to quite a few crypto news and general news websites; and one thing that frustrates me to no end is to see such negative publicity of this currency!
And I know most of the people are of the opinion that bitcoin doesn't really need publicity! But I think a little rebranding is very much needed to put bitcoin in the good light.Try to focus on the good things of it, its qualities, maybe it will help it to stabilize or something?
Whats your say on this?
There are misconceptions about cryptocurrencies in our society. There are some people who thinks that the cryptocurrencies are just scam and ponzi scheme.  We should change their perceptions for them to adopt bitcoins.
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:45:26 PM

So I am subscribed to quite a few crypto news and general news websites; and one thing that frustrates me to no end is to see such negative publicity of this currency!
And I know most of the people are of the opinion that bitcoin doesn't really need publicity! But I think a little rebranding is very much needed to put bitcoin in the good light.Try to focus on the good things of it, its qualities, maybe it will help it to stabilize or something?
Whats your say on this?

Rebranding is not the key to eliminate such negativity about bitcoin. Already have a lot of coins, but can not overtake bitcoin.  The brand of bitcoin is unique and strong , so why rebranding?  The success of bitcoin and its users  is the positive side of bitcoin.i People should learn  much  about bitcoin, understand the digital currency, give proofs with them to believe  and I am sure , everybody will come to adopt it joining the world of cryptocurrencies.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:36:02 PM

re-branding will not help in this case, we actually need time, I mean BTC needs time, in time, people will understand it better and those bad publicities will disappear.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:54:49 PM

I dont think there is anything we can do about Bitcoin's publicity atm other than waiting for developers to improve it. With a better ease of use, people will naturally favour it.

I agree with this. There's no problem with the name but the current situation affects the people who are seeing tge state of this community by now and I think there is now way for us to change someone perspective when they were the ones who has the control with that matter, better thing is to make this platform rise again as soon as possible.
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 06:46:54 PM

Whats your say on this?

The negative publicity is physiological during a dump, as much as it is the positive advertising during the bullrun .. contributes to feed the FOMO in both senses .. we can define it as "natural psychological impact" due to the human psyche.

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:42:42 PM

Nothing can be done about the spreading of negativity about bitcoin, this is a free world of speech and a free world to use and say whatever one deem fit to say and write on any social platforms. Just my own opinion about this is that, whenever such is been said, we should stand firm and defend bitcoin in every possible ways.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:28:46 PM

I dont think rebranding is the way foreward. Remeber when we talk of rebranding it means changing Name, name, term, symbol, design, or combination but the generation functions in term of use is still the same. In fact as you are rebranding then there are possibility that more negative news will pop up because the same set of people that have been bashing bitcoin will still shade it and make the public look at rebranding as an art of trying to hide from defending the negative things that have been speak of bitcoin it self.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:34:28 PM

re-branding will not help in this case, we actually need time, I mean BTC needs time, in time, people will understand it better and those bad publicities will disappear.
the best strategy is to face the reality and defend the false negative news which has been talked about crypto. they say crypto can be use for money laundering yet statistics still show that the most money laundering have always been through the financial institutions which are being control by bank. they also says it promote scam due to unregulated ICO for project startup but I believe that this will just be for a while. many investors are becoming wise now and are only investing in project which are duely regulated and government approved e.g LBX
shivakumar D S

Activity: 114

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:53:46 PM

we cannot tolerate those types of things and if we can ignore the persons
to make negative impact or negative publicity only one way is there that is btc forums,and other forums so we can ban and make them feel that the core team is fully consisos about the aware ness
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: