Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What thing you much check before investing in an ICO?  (Read 1298 times)
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:35:48 AM

I also spend a lot of time studying the project in which I am going to invest. This is a slow process if you really want to invest in a good project. I pay attention to the team, how much information is there about them and how fair is it. Also, an important fact is the communication of managers and representatives of the project with the community on the Telegram channel, for example. Website design, well-written by WhitePaper and much more.
Patrix_1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:50:35 AM

There are so much aspects to check in an ICO. First of all, I am reading the whitepaper, if this document looks like garbage I am switching to another project. Then I look at the community stats in TG and FB. If it is okay, I usually invest in such projects.
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:20:55 PM

initially i was checking the team, project and rating etc but now i am least interested to invest in ico. i prefer to boy from the exchanges instead of ico buying. because mostly i get the ico price at the time ico get listed on the exchanges.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:13:10 PM

I also spend a lot of time studying the project in which I am going to invest. This is a slow process if you really want to invest in a good project. I pay attention to the team, how much information is there about them and how fair is it. Also, an important fact is the communication of managers and representatives of the project with the community on the Telegram channel, for example. Website design, well-written by WhitePaper and much more.
Studying is one thing that you must always imbibe as a culture when it comes to ICO investment, if you do not want to end up getting the wrong side of being a part of a scam. ICOs can be very risky and you really want to know how to manage those risks and be able to make quality decisions.

The best way to practically do this most of the time is to check if there is a minimum viable product, if the team looks like a solid one that is capable of bringing about further development, and the market that this product serves and how the possibility of demand can skyrocket in the long run for it. These are the qualities you want to be looking for.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:17:53 AM

You need to make a great research before investing. I usually spend 5-6 hours to investigate one project. Firstly, I am reading the whitepaper, than I look at the fundraising level. The last but not least, I am usually checking the community numbers in Facebook, Telegram, Twitter and Reddit.
The most important thing when it comes to investing in an ICO is to actually check out the team, and then check out the product feasibility. There is one thing I always try as much as possible to use which is SWOT analysis and that is the Strength of the project, which is this case would be the team, product and business solutions, and then the Weakness, which would be the unavailability of some of the things mentioned initially and then the Opportunity when it comes to long term growth and then the Threat which in this case would be the competitions and how they stand out. With these just few things, you will be making best decisions in your investment.
hohuan101

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:19:40 AM

Now I am focusing to invest in ICOs. As a regular bounty hunter, I can realize which ICO is good and which is bad. Because I follow the most trustful ICO rating website Icobench, I have enough time to read project's whitepaper and look after at their community activity. But recently I realized Icobench's rating is not everything! I want to mention some ICOs name that had an impressive positive rating! But they couldn't raise even 1 Million USD! A project like FTEC, Enkidu can be a good example. What is the reason here?

When you invest in ICOs, what thing you take seriously?

I often react to the reaction of the community. Then I read the analysis articles on other people's projects. Sometimes the whitepaper is a bit confusing to understand.
moepaing

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:34:13 AM

EVERYTHING must be checked because the scam is so spread now and ICOs are on the first place undet its attacking. So to avoid losses you must check everything about it.
Aiberg
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 4

CCECOIN

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:37:50 AM

There are many factors I consider before investing in an ICO, I check the project's whitepaper, the team and their partnerships, those factors help me decide if it would be worth investing or not, just like the one I am wearing now.

✦ ───    CCECOIN   ─── ✦
✔   Decentralized & Transparent Peer to Peer Trading Ecosystem  ✔
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedInTelegramYouTube  ──────── ✦
aldorexxx

Activity: 152

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:38:33 AM

Its whitepaper will be so nice to analyze because it has a very significant information to be checked from all sides. It will bring the understanding of profitability.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:42:22 AM

Now I am focusing to invest in ICOs. As a regular bounty hunter, I can realize which ICO is good and which is bad. Because I follow the most trustful ICO rating website Icobench, I have enough time to read project's whitepaper and look after at their community activity. But recently I realized Icobench's rating is not everything! I want to mention some ICOs name that had an impressive positive rating! But they couldn't raise even 1 Million USD! A project like FTEC, Enkidu can be a good example. What is the reason here?

When you invest in ICOs, what thing you take seriously?

I often react to the reaction of the community. Then I read the analysis articles on other people's projects. Sometimes the whitepaper is a bit confusing to understand.

I agree with you that white paper are but confusing, you can check their site in social media and you can also check their previous successful projects. This will make you comfortable if you check these stuffs.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:03:27 AM

When we are first time to invest in ICO's some we gonna do is to look at the ICO rating.
But not all a high ICO rating have some good ICO's because of their high rate, Some of them are not totally have not reach of their hardcap.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:05:22 PM

Who is working for the project, that is the development team is a key factor here. If they are well known developers with high profile, chances of the project being successful is high. On other hand, some new developers working from their basement will not get much popularity and chances of them just being a scam project is also high. But this does not mean that all unknown developers are scammers or something. Also, how they promote the project also plays a vital role. They need to create a hype so people can recognize them.
The best thing to do is read the whitepaper, look who are working for it and check for the potential. All depends on your own analysis and intuition.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:30:23 PM

Read whitepaper > Check the orgininalty > Search about the team project member > decide.
Or you can simply go to ICO review sites that a lot in the internet and make a conclusion from there
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:41:45 PM

The things I consider when looking for an ico to invest in are their team and partners. I don't actually believe in some ico rating sites because others say thay ratings can be bought. Another thing I also consider is the approach of the communty regarding the projects.
Krendom

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

For me, i will check what is the project and how it's work, after that the team project. We need know who is working and who is suporting project, how they develop the project and ecosystems, because the most importan its always from the the team. Make sure they real.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 12:58:33 PM

Earlier, when I invested in an ICO project, I looked primarily at the product of the project, the team, the whitepaper, and then only the ratings. But unfortunately I still got into scam projects.
koralan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:05:06 PM

What made me the most tested before joining the ICO was the technology, goals, team and roadmap of the project ... Also, the methodology of implementing the roadmap, ICO rankings, About the ICO I am also interested in.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:13:54 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2018, 01:25:51 PM by Ararbermas

Of course before anything else must check the team behind if it's  fake or not , because mostly nowadays are frauds especially on bounty section.  And also review the history of the project 'cause that's the most important to assure if it has a potential to become successful in the future and there's a tends you can gain good return on it after .'cause some projects nowadays are very promising but unfortunately always didn't fulfill their promises and suddenly turn into scam. 
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:05:10 PM

Recently, I do not invest much in ICO, because it has become really difficult to find something good. But first of all, the idea is important to me. I need her to hook me up. It is also important that this project can benefit in the future, to its coin can be used.

raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:16:28 PM

Everything that they had develop but I usually I follow github for their repositories with that development I continuous to seek more on social media like twitter,Reddit, Medium and youtube channels. Which is more infomative about the project itself.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: