Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:19:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC or ETH, what good to own now??  (Read 27728 times)
ervinbyrd505 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:28:54 AM

Winklevoss Twins' Gemini Crypto Exchange Gets Regulatory Green Light for Litecoin Trading

U.S.-based cryptocurrency exchange Gemini, owned by the Winklevoss twins, has sealed regulatory approval to add Litecoin (LTC) custody and trading. The news comes from an official Medium blog post published Friday, Oct. 12.

Gemini’s vice president of engineering, Eric Winer, informs Gemini traders that they can begin depositing Litecoin into their exchange accounts as of 9:30 am EDT Saturday, Oct. 13. Litecoin trading will reportedly go live Tuesday, October 16th at 9:30 am EDT.

The coin is set to be the fourth crypto supported on the platform, alongside Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and Zcash (ZEC). Consequently, LTC trading pairs will be available against all three cryptos, as well as against the U.S. dollar.

Winer’s post underscores Gemini’s thoroughgoing “banking compliance and fiduciary obligations” under oversight from the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS). It notes that Litecoin trading support comes as the result of close cooperation with the watchdog, and that the exchange continues to expand with a “security-first” approach.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meycell

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:40:15 AM

Winklevoss Twins' Gemini Crypto Exchange Gets Regulatory Green Light for Litecoin Trading

U.S.-based cryptocurrency exchange Gemini, owned by the Winklevoss twins, has sealed regulatory approval to add Litecoin (LTC) custody and trading. The news comes from an official Medium blog post published Friday, Oct. 12.

Gemini’s vice president of engineering, Eric Winer, informs Gemini traders that they can begin depositing Litecoin into their exchange accounts as of 9:30 am EDT Saturday, Oct. 13. Litecoin trading will reportedly go live Tuesday, October 16th at 9:30 am EDT.

The coin is set to be the fourth crypto supported on the platform, alongside Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and Zcash (ZEC). Consequently, LTC trading pairs will be available against all three cryptos, as well as against the U.S. dollar.

Winer’s post underscores Gemini’s thoroughgoing “banking compliance and fiduciary obligations” under oversight from the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS). It notes that Litecoin trading support comes as the result of close cooperation with the watchdog, and that the exchange continues to expand with a “security-first” approach.
when compared between the two Ethereum becomes the main coin that is able to be relied upon. because with its value that is a bit far away from Litecoin it becomes a special advantage to choose Ethereum compared to Litecoin for now and continue to support it even further.
ervinbyrd505 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:52:12 AM

ETH still a King!!! i will focus to it, thankyou!
Audrina Harvey

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:17:15 AM

As LTC is getting more attention with the approvals for trading etc. But, with ETH it is more relied upon as it has become the main coin everyone turns to compared to LTC. Still, we'll see how this pans out for both LTC and ETH as to if LTC can come to a position where people are more keen to using it than ETH. For now, you should choose what you're comfortable with.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:36:05 AM

Both are good, though in LTC the captain already left the boat.

Why not have them both? and before anything else do you own some bitcoin already? the price of the two is still not so high so whichever you choose you still have a good coin hold. This isn't a hard choice to make unlike those who asks between LTC and an unknown coin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:18:16 AM

Why not have them both? and before anything else do you own some bitcoin already? the price of the two is still not so high so whichever you choose you still have a good coin hold. This isn't a hard choice to make unlike those who asks between LTC and an unknown coin.
I doubt about the potential of litecoin consider about there was no an interesting development about that, said it lacks of development. NEO has the same problem like ltc and it has no a lot of volatility.
Ethereum is much better in this case consider we will be facing the constantinopel update.
amanarora_1

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:24:09 AM

Both ar good at their own place, but i always goes with ETH, with a common reason: ETH is still a king. That doesn't mean LTC is not a good coin, LTC has a potential, but ETH has their own qualities and potential. So always going with ETH is safe and profitable.
9tails

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:49:37 AM

In my opinion the good to own or to invest is ethereum, Ethereum development this year is excellent and it has  potential to give us a huge profit in holding it long-term. Ethereum price now is rising and this is the right time to invest.
nytstalker

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:52:51 AM

I prefer ethereum than litecoin, Ethereum nowdays is populard many investors uses ethereum blockchain as a support in their projects.
Ethereum development this year is excellent and it is most profitable than litecoin.
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:57:21 AM

The price of litecoin is very attractive so also is the price of ethereum. Cryptocurrency is not leaving us with any option right now than to buy all the cheap priced quality altcoin. I will buy both litecoin and ethereum!
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:03:22 AM

I doubt about the potential of litecoin consider about there was no an interesting development about that, said it lacks of development. NEO has the same problem like ltc and it has no a lot of volatility.
Ethereum is much better in this case consider we will be facing the constantinopel update.
yes, both of them are experiencing bad things, but low prices make us interested in having them. indeed LTC is not growing rapidly like ETH, but that is not the right reason for us to leave LTC. this reminds me of DOGE that everyone underestimates, but other speaking facts and DOGE answer all other people's doubts. I think LTC will give a surprise just like DOGE and ETH will also slowly improve and rise from its fall.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
akeda

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:06:56 AM

It would be better if you could have both ethereum and litecoin, both of these coins are good and strong and the development is also fast, between litecoint and ethereum certainly has its own privileges, if you believe please invest in both of these coins

Ociwiw

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:12:25 AM

With all this, I still choose Ethereum, because litecoin itself has not yet been able to properly recommend!
Saint1990

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:20:34 AM

LTC & ETH both are down in price about 80% from its all time high value, a lot of major cryptocurencies have performed really bad on market due to bear market. Both of this coin  have potential to give good profits if included in portfolio for long-term investment. LTC & ETH both have different purposes & driven by different fundamentals in term of their use cases & intentions.

emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 07:24:50 AM

For long-term holding ETH is the most preferred coin, it has been getting a lot of attention after bitcoin, but if you have got funds available then you can invest both of them and hold.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:01:34 AM

neither one in my opinion because none of them are having any major pumps. i have not been following the news and the market lately but if what you said about litecoin is true and if you see some rise build up then it is a good option to start buying some LTC before the pump climaxes so that you can make a good profit in short term.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:06:06 AM

There's no development but its still on the top coins.

You can have your own choice but I'm just suggesting that having these two coins isn't a problem. I like LTC although Lee already left it and there's no more progress or any said development to it. The recent one that I know about it is included to song made by one popular singer/rapper.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:09:11 AM

I do not see any progress in Litecoin development.
Ethereum is also not a good example of fast development. They are very slowly, but still their roadmap (what they would like to develop) is more interesting than Litecoin roadmap.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
ryker6688

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 08:18:59 AM

I will invest in ETH. It's really potential and the current price is great for investing. ICOs use it, it's really popular and widely used.

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:30:06 AM

As said several previous posts, I think ETH for now is better than LTC because I saw that the community was more active during development and also I heard news that ethereum 2.0 will be released and for LTC I didn't follow it too much. So I think ETH is better or you can look for alternatives besides the two coins above. Good luck!  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
  Print  

Jump to: