Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:44:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are not dead, just maturing in a positive way.  (Read 1214 times)
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:58:42 AM

I actually want to see a development in ICO that will lead to decentralized regulated ICO, compliance to ideals of decentralization and totally self governing space for ICO without the interference of any Centralized entity!
Most likely that it will be so. The current uncontrolled and wild ICO has now completely compromised itself. The percentage of fraud or simply abuses of the ICO team against bounty hunters has reached alarming proportions. We need a superficial regulation of ICO activities by states in order to eliminate fraud and protect both the rights of investors and other participants in the ICO bounty campaigns. Now bounty hunters simply do not have time to follow the constantly changing rules in specific ICO projects, which they themselves establish, and then they themselves break. We need clear rules for work. Now we see absolute anarchy. This is especially true of the KYC check, which is generally illegal in regards to bounty hunters. This is a complete waste of nerves, especially if such a test is carried out after the completion of the ICO. In order to get at least some information about this, we have to reread hundreds of messages in the Telegram, but there are a lot of inconsistencies and ambiguities, but no one wants to explain anything. They all refer to one another. Therefore, it is not surprising that many bounty hunters simply give up on it.
LickKing

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:28:08 AM

ICO will not die, but many ICOs will not succeed. Now that investors have left ICO investment, only a few projects can succeed. In the future, ICO will make it difficult for scammers to succeed. The future price of Ethereum is also difficult to recover.

BEXAM_Romit

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 08:57:08 AM

It is as you say. The ICOs are still here but they have indeed changed the way they seek funds, and the legitimacy of the ICO are questioned more than ever before investment, which is a good thing in my opinion. The investors are more cautious than ever because there are more scams then we can count. But this cautiousness is not healthy to some extent because sometime even the legit projects are sidelined because the investors do not look hard enough and just dismiss projects with potential thinking it is just another scam. Therefore, it is just a waiting game at this point. Once the scams are filtered out it should become a semi saturated market. This will probably take shape at around the 3rd quarter of 2019 in my opinion.
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 01:16:59 PM

I think that ico's will never be dead because it's a lifetime for their needs to improve our world with new technology we can learn. Because every ico have their own way how to improve new idea's we can learn and to earn.

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:57:01 PM

The securities tokens will take their way and that will be the new revival of the ICO world. From now on there won't be ICO but there will be SCO which will be security token offering and people will have a better time trusting these things. Beforehand we had to trust the team and the project all together and invest our money which collectively totalled for over a billion dollars in investment for many people on many projects.

However, with this new Security token you do not have to "trust" because all of them will be tracked much better by the government and they will be registered as securities so they can't just scam you and leave, if they try to do that they will be both punished in financial ways and jailed as well. Hence this will mean less new coins but better ones.
almiani

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:58:39 PM

I think this period is very good for cleaning fake ico and ico scams that are very troubling, and hopefully with strict regulation, there will be no more ico scams that harm investors

Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:33:23 PM

I agree with your submission 100 % and it is visible to all that the market is going through the process of changing which will be good for the entire industry. ICOs in some years to come will be dominated by venture capitals and retail investors will only have opportunity to buy them on exchanges and I think this is cool.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:16:34 PM

The market should mature and ICOs should be regulated but not country by country. What we can see that
ICOs are not accepting US citizens or some other investors from EU. We should have a global regulation
as Crypto is global and that is it`s strength.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:21:49 PM

Ico's still here. But we are glad for sure to those ICO who are upcoming which is scam ICO will not successful operate to start their ICO. I hope those only ICO who are legit will be successful to start so the people will not lose anymore money. Better to die scam ICO.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:26:02 PM

I think that ico's will never be dead because it's a lifetime for their needs to improve our world with new technology we can learn. Because every ico have their own way how to improve new idea's we can learn and to earn.
It will not be dead as long as they are real projects but if its just a scam expect that project to be gone soon. Technically ICO is really, but since many greedy people are in this market thy took advantage on it and scam people.

Investors are keeping themselves away from ICO for now, because the market is still down and I think its not worth it to invest on the ICO right now. In time, investors will come again and trust ICO again, this is a long process of adoption so we must be patient on that.
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 11:30:07 PM

My simple suggestion regarding this is that we need an alternative. The ICO crowdfunding is no longer interesting, and becoming too boring for people to even participate in. It is going extinct gradually.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 12:25:37 AM

I am believe ICOs will not be death and many ICOs are coming in near future. Many ICOs fails reach the target in 2018 because market condition, and i think when market recover again, ICOs will coming again. But government should regulate ICO because we saw too many scam ICOs in this year and peoples money gone
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: