Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are not dead, just maturing in a positive way.  (Read 1214 times)
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

No one says that ICO is a dying or unpromising type of activity in cryptocurrency. Since the cryptocurrency market is experiencing difficult times now, investors began to show passivity and caution, and the ICO projects are also very difficult now. However, these difficulties are temporary, they will disappear as soon as the crypto-currency market begins to recover again. Since now the launch of many ICO projects due to this state of affairs in the market is being postponed, then we even have to observe a good growth of ICO in quantitative, and I hope, in qualitative aspect.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:53:06 PM

ICOs are still bringing  great ideas and new  technology to the crypto space and they are not dead for sure,
just having difficult times recently due to tough market conditions. ICOs and investors are maturing as well.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
JJhansen
Copper Member

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 09:14:20 PM

In my opinion  ICO's are not dead.
Let me give you an example : we had modelled our project like shark tank( a popular show where millionaires/ Billionaires evaluate companies and invest in them) with a twist - . We wanted to offer something similar for the crypto community as well - where investors can play like multimillionaires and pick promising companies. We have not spent a lot of money on advertising but got a tremendous response mostly from individuals from countries like USA because they are familiar with the Shark tank show and understand what we are doing. I wish the folks in Asia understood the power of our Token ( but it is a different story).
Number wise we have already got 38% committed but we are keeping our fingers crossed till the presale begins and when people actually pay for the tokens!.
Hope this helps!!

THE FARM TOKEN  ●   TOKEN FOR THOSE WHO DARE TO DREAM BIG   ●
|     ANN   |     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |    Instagram     |    Bounty     |
╠══════◎  [  PRESALE STARTS 15 NOV 2018 - GET WHITELISTED  ]◎═════╣  
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:54:49 PM

Definitely! ICOs do not raise so much money as they did last year, but that is not a sign of its weakness. The demand from VCs is there and they would like to obtain them in private sales I would say. If I am first in the space with a great potential, I would not let others know, right? Being one step ahead of the competition is a big deal in every sphere of life. In addition, crypto startups might consist just from the private sale (if they caught the attention of rich) and only few projects from the private sale section will collect enough money to deal with that big opponent. Future is uncertain but I believe in the strength of small investors, we should be able to invest even into the fanciest ICOs on the market.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:45:09 PM

ICO is not yet maturing. I consider it matured if there is already a regulation where no ICO could launch unless they provide the necessary requiments that proves they are a legitimate ICO and will be needed and useful in the future.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:53:20 PM

I think icos will also mature with the overall market and secondly as soon as the bulls come back in the market we will see peofit takinv and again surge in ico investments, at the moment as most of the people are stuck with their holdings due to long bear trend they just do not have the liquid funds to invest that is why evwn good projects are not able to raise decent funds at the moment.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Taylia

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:39:26 PM

ICO is developing day by day. It had some rough patches in the past but doing some improvements recently.
Wicomas

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:40:25 PM

ICO's are surely not dead although it had a rough time this year, it is just maturing. It needs some time and some other security upgrades which can assure investors of not scamming to fully mature.
Oliedric

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:41:14 PM

ICOs have had a pretty rough year. But it's not over yet. People have said yes to innovative projects with good business model and proper community support.
Alexeu00011

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:26:50 AM

Now many ICOs are dying just because of mistrust to the entire indusrty. In such terms it will be much better to stay away from ICOs for a while.
Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:47:22 AM

ICO seems the best way of attracting investments for me, because it ignores borders and help project meet early adopters from all over the world.
Hillore

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:50:58 AM

I believe in it. Now everyone has taken a waiting position and hope for the growth of cryptocurrency. And ISO's also.
KOF97

Activity: 359

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:52:19 AM

I do not think so. If the ICO market is not effectively regulated and the fraudsters are not sanctioned, then the ICO market is about to die!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Downloaded

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:22:08 AM

It is clear that ICO market will recover. It will become a little more strict, but demand for ICOs is still high and people invest ideas with great desire.
markalis

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:23:29 AM

I started hearing a lot of fake ico cases that were intentional just to make a profit, when they had managed to raise money, they just left the project, it was very embarrassing

TamaraKul

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:37:55 AM

I wrote this before, and am writing it here now. I would really like to advocate for institutions and VC money entering this space. Let me know your comments.

The fervour and bullishness of the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) of 2017 is long forgotten, and markets are maturing to a steady state. Regulations are becoming clearer, and talks of the Security Token Offering (STO) become common place. Where has the ICO gone? Simply put, its still there. Just not so ‘public’ and often anymore. Indeed, the velocity of token sales done in recent months are declining exponentially.

Private and/or institutional sales

It is well-documented that most ICOs today are sold largely (up to 95%) to private placements, consisting of institutions and High Net-Worth Individuals (HNWIs). These private offerings are completed with generous discounts before release to the public (no discount), or at times listing straight to a crypto exchange thereafter.

Equity and/or hybrid token offerings

As more VCs venture into this space, more traditional instruments of financing are being promoted- be it equity, convertible loans or token buy-back agreements. These instruments are important to ICO progress in two ways:

1. They bring about security to investments by holding the issuer/start-up accountable to the ICO.
2. They allow institutional investors a channel to buy into ICOs. Without which, most VCs do not have the authority or mandate to buy tokens.

The future of ICOs

Due to predominantly private, VC-driven ICOs, it is easy to mistake that the democratised, token-based ecosystem is regressing, or worse, ceasing to exist. ICOs today seem to model traditional fund-raising routes (which kind of defeats the purpose doesn’t it?).

However, it is useful to consider that blockchain start-ups and projects are not at all like other start-ups due to the existence of a secondary market (crypto-exchanges)— a very large one in fact. This means that most projects will still have their cryptocurrencies distributed over a larger pool of users/customers/investors.

As the crypto industry and regulatory environment continues to evolve rapidly, the idea of more compliant, accountable and funded ICOs cannot be bad.

I am sure that market will begin growth when all the people that have no chance of undestanding it, will step aside. This is the best solution.
mksundip

Activity: 726
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:39:56 AM

besides the many cases of ico fraud, actually there are still many ico that are really good and very potential, they are also filled with a team of professionals and noble spirits to support the crypto industry

Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:50:07 AM

Most ICOs these days get their funding, most especially their initial capitals from private investors. ICOs are really on the decline. Which is why if any ICO is seen not succeeding, it means that they have not been able to source for private investors.
Panteleymon

Activity: 262

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:06:50 AM

Crowdfunding companies have been around for a very long time. The peak of their popularity has passed, but they do not think to disappear. At the same time there is nothing new in them. But the cryptocurrency and blockchain provide new technologies and prospects, so the ICO will continue to exist. There is hope that the scam will be less.
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:29:49 PM

maturity in a positive way, but if it continues to happen it is not impossible that ICO will eventually die.
everyone also understands that ICO will not die so fast but for the long term we cannot continue to believe it

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: