Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 11:26:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are not dead, just maturing in a positive way.  (Read 1214 times)
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:15:15 AM

There is no difference between the current ICO and death. Only a very good ICO project will have investors to join. Many ICOs will fail. Now ICO investors have become very few, so we should invest cautiously.

houjinglong

Activity: 335
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:33:48 AM

I am sure that the future of ICO is seen as bright and distant. I believe that the use of ICO is a great discovery of the present time for the implementation of projects useful for the development of mankind.
The emergence of ICO is indeed great, but because the shortcomings of ICO are also fatal, you can look at the price of Ethereum. It is now very cheap. There are fewer and fewer ICOs, and many projects have the same ICO function without investment value. Only a few ICO projects are worth investing.

Moxivuki

Activity: 294

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:35:31 AM

I no longer believe that ICO projects are becoming more mature, because fraudsters still exist, and if these fraudsters can't be punished, the ICO market will only face death!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:53:01 PM

I would not exactly say that but they are maturing but there is no way to tell if they are doing so in a positive way or not. Given the high amount of scam icos that we have had to deal with recently I would not exactly say that the icos are maturing in a positive way. It is more of a just finding a way to survive through people not wanting to invest money in them anymore

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:59:01 PM

Seriously, since after the ICO frenzy in 2017, the notion of ICOs have been very down and considering the fact that so many recent ones turned out to be scams is a very big issue for ICO. So many people don't even invest in it again. And considering the fact that so many of these projects don't even make it beyond ICO is another issue.
Eat.Sleep.Bounty
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 01:01:52 AM

I am sure that the future of ICO is seen as bright and distant. I believe that the use of ICO is a great discovery of the present time for the implementation of projects useful for the development of mankind.
As the time passes by the ico keeps on maturing and adjusting to the trend for the ecosystem. I believe the next big thing is with the approval of STO and many matured investors are buying it. And many good projects are lining up.

jcpone

Activity: 685

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 01:13:10 AM

ICOs are not dead. This year a lot of investors are moving away from ICOs. This has a positive effect on the ICOs. This decrease in number of investors supporting ICOs has acting like a filter leaving the strong ICOs standing. In this manner, those scam and weak ICOs will died soon. The investors are also maturing by making a deep study before investing.
karagun125

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 01:19:20 AM

I think they have to do that, inspite the fact that there were ico's that just fraud and scam. They have to level up or upgrade their plans and initiative upon projecting an ico project. They should do this to bring back the thrust of the investors.
primeer

Activity: 883
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 01:19:34 AM

Not all icos are dead, but most of them will be. I think Ethereum is not the right platform for most of the projects out there, so there will be another dominant chain in the future.
Sarisang

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 02:23:28 AM

ICO will still have a future. Crypto takes innovation and new revolution and ICO will be able to create it. Although in this time is a bad thing for all the ICO's existing but there will be phases in which the ICO could grow along with the soaring crypto as well.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 05:09:21 AM

I no longer believe that ICO projects are becoming more mature, because fraudsters still exist, and if these fraudsters can't be punished, the ICO market will only face death!
You are absolutely right. Without addressing the issue of eliminating fraud in ICO projects, this activity will only lose its value. The only way out of this situation is the regulation of the activities of ICO by the states. Only they can restore order in this kind of activity. Many states are taking steps in this direction, but it’s hard to say when it will give real results.

LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 05:20:28 AM

For me ICO isn't dead a few investors particularly newcomers are only terrified of this bear market situation, Even genuine projects fails not achieve softcap some ICO's refunded to the investors some are transform into scams, some are scams from the beginning so we should be watchful. In the opposite side SEC has step in that is the reason some ICO's presently required to do KYC even bounty participants to eliminate frauds.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 05:25:59 AM

Indeed I concur, I used to be an Initial coin offer investor some years back when I always feel For sure, I would never loose my fund via investing in Ico and would surely get my money back in multitude but the system has changed entirely where everything really need to be sanitize and I belief this is what’s going on presently. At the same time, someone needs to be careful before investing in any project out there.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798

homt.net

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 05:44:44 AM

I wrote this before, and am writing it here now. I would really like to advocate for institutions and VC money entering this space. Let me know your comments.

The fervour and bullishness of the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) of 2017 is long forgotten, and markets are maturing to a steady state. Regulations are becoming clearer, and talks of the Security Token Offering (STO) become common place. Where has the ICO gone? Simply put, its still there. Just not so ‘public’ and often anymore. Indeed, the velocity of token sales done in recent months are declining exponentially.

Private and/or institutional sales

It is well-documented that most ICOs today are sold largely (up to 95%) to private placements, consisting of institutions and High Net-Worth Individuals (HNWIs). These private offerings are completed with generous discounts before release to the public (no discount), or at times listing straight to a crypto exchange thereafter.

Equity and/or hybrid token offerings

As more VCs venture into this space, more traditional instruments of financing are being promoted- be it equity, convertible loans or token buy-back agreements. These instruments are important to ICO progress in two ways:

1. They bring about security to investments by holding the issuer/start-up accountable to the ICO.
2. They allow institutional investors a channel to buy into ICOs. Without which, most VCs do not have the authority or mandate to buy tokens.

The future of ICOs

Due to predominantly private, VC-driven ICOs, it is easy to mistake that the democratised, token-based ecosystem is regressing, or worse, ceasing to exist. ICOs today seem to model traditional fund-raising routes (which kind of defeats the purpose doesn’t it?).

However, it is useful to consider that blockchain start-ups and projects are not at all like other start-ups due to the existence of a secondary market (crypto-exchanges)— a very large one in fact. This means that most projects will still have their cryptocurrencies distributed over a larger pool of users/customers/investors.

As the crypto industry and regulatory environment continues to evolve rapidly, the idea of more compliant, accountable and funded ICOs cannot be bad.

Yes ICOs has come to stay,there is a redressing of the whole cryptocurrency ecosystem to evolve a sound and stable decentralized crypto market,thanks for this information it's very helpful to the cryptocurrency space.

HOMT