Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:03:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Hunters let's unite and pursue legal action re: KYC  (Read 320 times)
JainaVsUther (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 123
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:28:54 AM

As many of you are aware, a majority of bounty campaigns are now requiring KYC from us bounty hunters before releasing their tokens due to supposed regulations or "pressure" that the banks are placing upon them. This is fine for bounty campaigns that declared this before we contributed to their bounty campaign, however for bounty campaigns that didn't inform us KYC would be required, this is in my opinion against our rights. In essence, these companies derived free advertising from us without paying a wage by misleading us, which could fall under humans rights abuse or at the very least breach of advertising law.

For serious bounty promoters who are willing to help contribute to a legal fund so we can begin taking legal action against these campaigns so they can pay us our legal costs in pursuance of such action, plus the tokens that are owed to us, please do PM me. I'm not a scammer, those of you who know me know I own ICOVeteran.com - a respected ICO review site that I used to run during the ICO boom.

We cannot stand by idly whilst tokens that are owed to us are withheld behind KYC. The reason I personally refuse to participate in the KYC is because I've experienced identify theft in the past, and some of these ICOs are actually part of crime syndicates which I don't wish to share my personal details with.

Anyone else who shares my views, is willing to help contribute financially so we can pool our money together in a legal fund, do contact me.

Thank you.

Disgruntled ICO promoter. Looking to bring some professionalism to the industry if anyone is interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:41:45 AM

this problem often occurs in various bounties and as a bounty hunter we must be smart and always be critical to always ask the bounty manager about receiving reward, whether to use KYC or not. everyone has different opinions about KYC and we also cannot lie that the potential for identity abuse can be done in this KYC process.

so we also have to be good at analyzing and can choose precisely the bounty that we will follow, because it is not just investors who have to research, but the bounty hunter must be able to do it.
Tosin12

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:59:39 AM

Issue of Kyc is not auguring well with me and I feel uncomfortable about it because no one can be sure what's happening to your documents at the other side of the computer and it's becoming more rampant but coming together to fight this menace would be a bit difficult because I'm afraid I won't be able to send fund to an anonymous person in the name of litigation against Kyc
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:08:55 AM

If you don't wanna deal with the kyc then you should definitely asking first if kyc is required to be eligible in rewards, if it's required then don't join. The thing is no one forces us to join their bounty, if you want to join then follow their rules.
Though personally I'm not favor to do this kyc since we're not investors however we can't do anything about it since only the team can decide whether they gonna require it or not.

In essence, these companies derived free advertising from us without paying a wage by misleading us, which could fall under humans rights abuse or at the very least breach of advertising law.
Don't call it wage, this is just a bounty reward.

Anyone else who shares my views, is willing to help contribute financially so we can pool our money together in a legal fund, do contact me.
Alright. I just laughed. Seriously?

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:52:45 AM

I realize that the KYC problem is the most significant risk as a Bounty Hunter. I honestly oppose KYC rules in a campaign, but what can I do, the rules have been made by managers, like it or not about that, I must follow them the rule
zcashplan

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:59:55 AM

Although we all hate such a profession, I don't think KYC has any benefits. What should basically be solved is the ICO project technology and market, not the KYC.

kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:10:52 AM

it is really a problem if the bounty requires KYC after it ends. we can't do anything about it and maybe that is their strategy so that bounty hunters can't claim their rewards.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:21:00 AM

I share your frustration that KYC rules are abused by many ICO's. There is no legal requirement for you to disclose your identity if you did not send them money to get your tokens. It is very unsafe to be sending pictures of your ID to people who often turn out to be scammers. Unfortunately many are now asking for ID so they can weed out those participating in the bounty using many different identities. I doubt a law suit will change anything as they can take years to get to court and you would have to sue hundreds of ICO's to have any real effect on industry practice. The only real solution for this is a self sovereign identity platform on the blockchain that can verify things about you without disclosing all your information. Lots of projects working on this but so far none that I know of that have cracked it.

BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

If you don't wanna deal with the kyc then you should definitely asking first if kyc is required to be eligible in rewards, if it's required then don't join. The thing is no one forces us to join their bounty, if you want to join then follow their rules.
Though personally I'm not favor to do this kyc since we're not investors however we can't do anything about it since only the team can decide whether they gonna require it or not.

As he mentions in the original post, the problem is that a lot of bounties decide to ask for KYC only after they ended.
And there are even such scumbags who write with big bolded red letters that KYC wont happen and then go dlete this message after ICO has ended and ask for KYC.

Actually people who live in EU can take action using GDPR which provides legal basis in various ways. This offcourse would work only with those teams who are in reach ( they are based in country which is not 3rd world country where law cant be effectively used).
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:40:43 AM

A bounty hunter does not have any rights, he works current at his own peril and risk. At any moment he may not be paid for his work, and some cunning projects use it. Yes, you need to make the rules in the bounty immediately write whether kyc is required or not so that there is no deception from the bounty manager and the project itself.
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:56:51 AM

This is a very big problem at the moment. On the one hand, KYC is a great instrument to protect any projects from scammers and cheaters that are using multi accounts. But on the other hand, I am with you and our personal documents should be safe, even if the project failed.
bttmember

Activity: 938

AMEPAY

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:09:31 AM

Well bounty hunters are facing problems from kyc to delayed payments and from extended campaigns to not being paid and scams but i think no court will hear bounty hunters because they are not the employees of any project or ico they work as freelancers so it will be very hard to get the ruling in their favor unless any government forms some rules, i may be wrong because it is just my personal opinion.

anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:15:54 AM

As many of you are aware, a majority of bounty campaigns are now requiring KYC from us bounty hunters before releasing their tokens due to supposed regulations or "pressure" that the banks are placing upon them. This is fine for bounty campaigns that declared this before we contributed to their bounty campaign, however for bounty campaigns that didn't inform us KYC would be required, this is in my opinion against our rights. In essence, these companies derived free advertising from us without paying a wage by misleading us, which could fall under humans rights abuse or at the very least breach of advertising law.

For serious bounty promoters who are willing to help contribute to a legal fund so we can begin taking legal action against these campaigns so they can pay us our legal costs in pursuance of such action, plus the tokens that are owed to us, please do PM me. I'm not a scammer, those of you who know me know I own ICOVeteran.com - a respected ICO review site that I used to run during the ICO boom.

We cannot stand by idly whilst tokens that are owed to us are withheld behind KYC. The reason I personally refuse to participate in the KYC is because I've experienced identify theft in the past, and some of these ICOs are actually part of crime syndicates which I don't wish to share my personal details with.

Thank you.

You are absolutely right. I came across a series of such projects where no personal identification is indicated at all. And then the project makes demands. Perhaps this is a scam of managers. I don’t know which way but they can get the benefit. Let's say a part of the amount from not confirmed users. I don't know how it works, I'm not sure yet. But while I came across such projects.

sladkoejka

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:22:31 AM

I see nothing wrong with this check. just an unexpected statement of verification immediately cleans most of the hunters who use multiple accounts. as a result, honest hunters will make a big profit.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
Byzantium101

Activity: 249

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:39:22 AM

...however for bounty campaigns that didn't inform us KYC would be required, this is in my opinion against our rights.

It is true, they are putting conditions to pay after the work is done. I don´t think we need to take legal action. You should do as follows: 1st ask in their telegram is they are going to ask for it. Anything that is not a clear "NO" should discourage you from participating.

If, after a clear no they still do ask for KYC make sure that you let your opinion about those ICO be known. Even after the ICO, bad publicity means less value for their token and influence works in both ways.

nak02

Activity: 512
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:58:15 PM

I'm against about KYC because it will cost harm to you and your families too, as I read some articles about KYC some of the projects or team behind are using it from illegal action and put you in danger such as scams, hacking and robbery thru internet registration.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:00:56 PM

I think there is no need for legal action against that, lets just all avoid participating in bounties requiring KYC, as I have always done. The only problem is that some bounty campaigns only reveal that they need KYC after the campaign period.
JainaVsUther (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 123
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:09:50 AM

I think there is no need for legal action against that, lets just all avoid participating in bounties requiring KYC, as I have always done. The only problem is that some bounty campaigns only reveal that they need KYC after the campaign period.

And that is exactly what this post is about if you read it.

As per the other comments about the financial pool. I'm not soliciting money from anyone. There's tonnes of scammers here with far more reputation than me. All I'm looking to do is form a group of people that are as serious as I am about getting paid the tokens we are owed from bounty campaigns that did not mention any KYC would be required, and then later required it after the campaign finished.

Also to those saying we can just "boycott" such ICOs. It's now industry standard that ALL bounty campaigns are legally required to comply with KYC laws in most major jurisdictions even for bounty hunters or people receiving tokens for free. So unless your plan is to boycott all ICOs completely, we need to put the burden of responsibility back on these companies that never made us aware of these requirements before they received our free advertising. Yes I get it, they had no idea. However that's their legal responsibility as a company to find out before they got free advertising from the masses under false pretenses, not ours. We would have an absolute field day in court with these corporations if we can bring basic facts like this to light.

PS: How would I gather the money etc and am I scammer? I wouldn't get it personally of course. We'd form a mastermind group, network with one another, remaining anonymous if we wish, then think of legal recovery strategies. And then we'd send our money separately, directly, to a law firm that is willing to represent us that we collectively agree should represent us. Something like that. No sending money directly to me or any other member of the mastermind group we form. No danger of hocus pocus. Plenty of potential for bringing major accountability to shoddy projects and hopefully changing industry standard practice. Who wouldn't want to be part of fun like this? The court system was created for instances exactly like this. Instances of companies committing humans rights abuses by acquiring free labor under false pretenses.

If anyone else is as serious as I am, again, my invitation remains open, just drop me a PM. No doubt this will be a big time and minor financial commitment for each of us, but we can collectively change this industry for the better, and hopefully get paid the tokens we deserve or receive some other compensation without complying with KYC. As I said before, a lot of these ICOs are dodgy projects that I have no desire to share my personal details with, and never did they state I would have to anywhere in their bounty campaigns until after they concluded. There are other people like me out there, we just need to pool together and actually do something.

Disgruntled ICO promoter. Looking to bring some professionalism to the industry if anyone is interested.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:22:47 AM

This is very difficult for us as we have different nationalities and different time zones, also how we can trust each others to think that we are just communicating in this post? The only thing we can do is to blacklist, boycott or avoid the campaign that requiring KYC or if they are always too late to declared KYC then we should boycott the BM too in their future campaigns as maybe they are involved of stealing personal data.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:26:37 AM

Apart from using a DEX to trade your tokens I think you are going to find that any exchange you want to use to sell the toins / tokens you have earned in Bounty is going to want you to KYC also. Try using a simple document low-value document as your KYC material such as a National ID card that would have little use or value elsewhere if you are really that paranoid. Most KYC is completed by reputable companies and the projects pay top $ for that benefit.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: