Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:42:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the Ethereum survive the new influx of games?  (Read 639 times)
Mr.ZODIAC

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:19:02 PM

How dangerous are new projects for the real use of blockchain? We have already seen the story of the CryptoKitties, which brought down the Ethereum network. Can this happen again now? What projects can now grow in such a way that will affect the work of the network itself?

I heard that Ethereum is working hard on scaling its own platform because of the CryptoKitties debacle. It really disrupt its network and overwhelm the system specially last year. Or course its going to happen not only in Ethereum but other platforms as well. But just like any other hype, CryptoKitties will just die along the way and new games will pop up that's why devs really need to keep an eye specially on how to scale their projects.

yep, it's a bilateral process. developers influence the network, the network influences developers, you know Wink
It is also necessary to take into account the fact that during testing for the updating of the ethereum blokchain , many errors were made due to the fault of miners who did not update the software in time. Especially since they were prematurely warned about this.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blackberry_pie

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:02:53 AM

What else can offer us the games with the blockchain use?

There is Mobile Go project, for example. They releasing tokens for the cybersport tournaments.

and this is only one example in the whole eth network. there're lots of project with huge potential, and sooner or later ice would push back.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:21:53 AM

How dangerous are new projects for the real use of blockchain? We have already seen the story of the CryptoKitties, which brought down the Ethereum network. Can this happen again now? What projects can now grow in such a way that will affect the work of the network itself?
Ethereum so far is still trying to come up with scaling solution which I believe they are really trying hard to get and until then before we will be able to know if influx of games on the Ethereum network will become something pretty easy to come by in the long run.

Like you said, we all know how cryptokitties alone got the whole Ethereum blockchain drooling as a result of overloaded and congested network and then high fees. Although, as time goes on, I believe there would be solutions in place that would help to see things in different light but we are not there yet.
STI_2M

Activity: 253

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:41:45 AM

I haven't heard anything about good gameplay for such projects. Not so sure about the Ethereum network, but cryptokitties and others (numerous of) are same: buy something that's correlated with the project's token. Technically those are not real games, but another sauce to sell us more dishes called scammy ICO tokens.  

I don't know where you heard about cryptokitties and other ethereum games, but they are not scam. It's a collective game with microtransactions.
It's just a game and they are not stealing people's money. They have done a great job and many other projects just copied them.

Eth network had problems when cryptokitties released, but it was just for a few days/hours and never happened again. It was a good network test and was positive for the network. If ethereum is to grow, many games like this are going to be online

Yes, it was a test for the entire network. But crypto cats were the only ones. What will happen to the network if such projects will be many times more?
fixed_bitcoin

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:44:28 AM

I haven't heard anything about good gameplay for such projects. Not so sure about the Ethereum network, but cryptokitties and others (numerous of) are same: buy something that's correlated with the project's token. Technically those are not real games, but another sauce to sell us more dishes called scammy ICO tokens.  

I don't know where you heard about cryptokitties and other ethereum games, but they are not scam. It's a collective game with microtransactions.
It's just a game and they are not stealing people's money. They have done a great job and many other projects just copied them.

Eth network had problems when cryptokitties released, but it was just for a few days/hours and never happened again. It was a good network test and was positive for the network. If ethereum is to grow, many games like this are going to be online
CEO of coinbase has invested in cryptokitties, but a lot of people realized about the fact that it's a child's game and no more. what's the usefulness of collecting the cat? It's a boring game and a lot of people have been staying away from there until there will be a good feature that makes the cat will be useful.

Yeah, big investors have the ability to invest in outrageous and high-profile projects. And they do not have to be profitable. Many imitate them, unfortunately, not having so many assets, only great risks.
Peter Ocean

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:49:11 AM

I heard that Ethereum is working hard on scaling its own platform because of the CryptoKitties debacle. It really disrupt its network and overwhelm the system specially last year. Or course its going to happen not only in Ethereum but other platforms as well. But just like any other hype, CryptoKitties will just die along the way and new games will pop up that's why devs really need to keep an eye specially on how to scale their projects.

I agree that this is a two-way process. Developed affect the network, the network affects the devs, you know.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:58:14 AM

Yes that can happen anytime again if something new comes out and gets people's interest.

As long as there are many people using the network and transferring at the same that will cost a congestion. Just like in real life, even the biggest highways are becoming full and in traffic when vast cars are arriving altogether in season.
That is the thing, and this is the reason why a lot of projects need to be coming up with scaling solution. We have seen Ethereum developers come out with some and although it has not been tested yet, but we all just hope at least it is going to help solve some of the problems we have had in the past regarding scaling issues.

Crypto kitten taught us a lesson and then made the developers to realize their network could be congested after all, and now there is just a need for a better development to be able to get the whole influx of games in place without ruining anything for the Ethereum network.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:15:10 AM

Any good project will learn from its mistakes. I think ETH devs will have learnt some lessons from the effect of Cryptokitties on the network. ETH is a very strong project, and whilst I'm sure there are plenty of bumps in the road to come, it will survive. Plus the market at the moment isn't as feverish as it was when Cryptokitties started, so I don't think it will happen again.

last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:50:35 AM

A lot of controversy about ETH. Of course it will survive and can be bypassed in the price of bitcoin. But this is one of the versions, and perhaps it will be so that it will NOT leave the market and only bitcoin will remain. We can only guess.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:57:51 AM

What else can offer us the games with the blockchain use?

There is Mobile Go project, for example. They releasing tokens for the cybersport tournaments.

and this is only one example in the whole eth network. there're lots of project with huge potential, and sooner or later ice would push back.
Well, let's see how that works out for every other project when used on the large scale. For now, the only project that has been used on a large scale when it comes to smart contract as well as smart contract gaming is Ethereum, which is why it would always be easy for Ethereum to keep developing faster the more to get things right as they market and network keeps challenging and the more such things happen and things are gotten right, the more it would be for more faith to be in the Ethereum project when it comes to smart contract usage, but that does not mean there still will not be a chance for other ones.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:30:59 AM

Casper is coming... We will see how ETH switch from POW to POS soon.
But at first, if you want to earn on staking, you would need to have 1500 ETH (Later they promise to decrease this digit to 32 ETH).
ixtreme1gaming

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:41:34 AM

When people are afraid, be greedy, when people are greedy be afraid.... buy eth now.

Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:41:42 PM

Hmm??? I think no1 can break down the Ethereum network . Ethereum already built a strong community and a strong partenership with other many icos. There are milions of users that use it
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:26:17 PM

Hmm??? I think no1 can break down the Ethereum network . Ethereum already built a strong community and a strong partenership with other many icos. There are milions of users that use it
I completely agree with you that the prospects for rest are very large and the interest of users on a large level. I think that many projects that are working on security will act to protect etherium and its product.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:32:15 PM

yep, it's a bilateral process. developers influence the network, the network influences developers, you know Wink
It is also necessary to take into account the fact that during testing for the updating of the ethereum blokchain , many errors were made due to the fault of miners who did not update the software in time. Especially since they were prematurely warned about this.
One thing we should also take into account is that developers are not gods, and one sure thing is that there would always be errors which is why testing comes into play before being deployed into the real world and it is during this period of testing that a lot of things are fine-tuned until gotten right.

Being a developer is not an easy thing, as you are coming with new developments and innovations, but the idea of bug testing, trying to see how things are in the process of development is one thing to always expect. If there is no error now, there won't be better ways to do it.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:40:29 PM

Yes that can happen anytime again if something new comes out and gets people's interest.

As long as there are many people using the network and transferring at the same that will cost a congestion. Just like in real life, even the biggest highways are becoming full and in traffic when vast cars are arriving altogether in season.
That is the thing, and this is the reason why a lot of projects need to be coming up with scaling solution. We have seen Ethereum developers come out with some and although it has not been tested yet, but we all just hope at least it is going to help solve some of the problems we have had in the past regarding scaling issues.

Crypto kitten taught us a lesson and then made the developers to realize their network could be congested after all, and now there is just a need for a better development to be able to get the whole influx of games in place without ruining anything for the Ethereum network.
In Ethereum I've been reading about Casper but I don't see anything with it.

I mean, there's no progress or move with what they are proposing to the people. These problem should have a solution but until now, they aren't saying a thing and I'm guessing they are working on it silently. Well things aren't going accordingly to what we've been looking for.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Konstantin19

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:18:45 AM

Cryptogames is a bonanza Cool Well, what gamers do not want to kill monsters for money, especially for crypto. Many crypto enthusiasts picked up this topic. Mobilego for example.
ThinkAboutIt

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:09:51 AM

I agree. The developers plan to attract thousands of games to their platform. If they really have a lot of games, then we will see a lot of gamers on ethereum.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:44:48 AM

an interesting question.

i think not. because of two reasons.
first is the fact that the hype is over so there will not be the same amount of people paying attention to these new influx of games as there were back then and with cryptokitties. so there won't be that many transactions either.
second is because the hype for ehtereum is also over and because of that there won't be that many ether transactions either since it is not getting pumped anymore so the load on the network is also lesser now.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:53:29 PM

Cryptogames is a bonanza Cool Well, what gamers do not want to kill monsters for money, especially for crypto. Many crypto enthusiasts picked up this topic. Mobilego for example.
Once upon a time I took part in this ico company, but nevertheless I have nothing against the development of cryptocurrency in the field of gambling. In this case, the main thing that gambling does not prevent the development of ethereum.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: