Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:46:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FAIL] FailCoin - Launch 18:00GMT/13:00EST 08/03/14  (Read 48529 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bigbear09

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:11:30 AM

КOПAЙTE ДOКATO E BPEME MOMЦИ!!ЧE CИ E EБAЛO MAMATA!! GO GO DONT MISS THE TRAIN AGAIN!THATS THE BEST COIN ON THE MARKET! Aкo мoжe 10милки дa cи ги пoлyчa нaй- ceтнe тyк. Wink--   Why the wallet not sinhr.?   

6uSmtDsPGBcQasG5vkQgHqVB6ApTdVpAW7

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 11:58:44 AM

batesresearch, what do you think about coin device? I think that "Got screwed? Get some FAILs!" is nice. It will be for people who screwed with trading & mining. Grin I can implement it in the logo.

Do you mean, coin motto? / catchphrase if so I like it.

Yes, catchphrase. I will think more about it, but that one is good for start. EPIC FAIL! Smiley

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:14:46 PM

Cool logo Spartak_t, image is a total fail! Although, to get people involved, we should have had a contest and offered fail as the reward. We could have gotten some new peeps on board. Maybe a relaunch of the coin? Or at least a "we're not dead" launch :O)

Neverminds17,
Where did you hear about the coin? What brought you to start mining failcoin? How about the rest of you? It's probably about time we started getting others involved. I saw the coin on Coin-swap.net and decided to come check it out, which brought me to the launch site here at bitcointalk.

By the way, it just dawned on me, we don't know a few things about this coin...since the OP didn't mention them at launch...

1. Does it ever "halve"?
2. When is the expected date that all coins are mined?
3. What happens after the coin is completely mined? (Doesn't mining need t occur in order to process transactions?)
4. Was there ever a block explorer created? If not, how easy is it to create one?
5. Is it time we took over this Posting for the failcoin? We need to update the nodes for those who are new to the coin, and the OP doesn't appear to login anymore. (Maybe we can find the originators of the coin and speak with them? How would we go about that, do you think?)
Just some food for thought...

Hey Batesresearch,
Are you still working on a website layout? Do you need webspace?...or any help at all? I've got some webspace at arvixe, if needed. It even has the ability to setup forums, although I've never done so, I'm sure we could figure it out.

-Xerodrag

Hi Xerodrag, what are the bandwidth limits on your webhosting / disk space limits? (If it's got any)

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
xerodrag

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:13:55 AM

Hey batesresearch,
Not sure what my limits are. I can check tomorrow. It's 12:15 here; I'm headed to bed. Talk to you tomorrow...

-Xerodrag
xerodrag

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:08:50 PM

Hey batesresearch,
It looks like space, domains and transfer/month are all unlimited. What's the plan?

-Xerodrag
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:16:41 PM

Hey batesresearch,
It looks like space, domains and transfer/month are all unlimited. What's the plan?

-Xerodrag

batesresearch will create website and 2 dedicated nodes for the wallet. After that, I will create new thread for the coin, which will be on several languages (english, bulgarian, russian, serbian, albanian) and eventually german, spanish, french and italian. For the last 4 languages I still don't have confirmed translations, but I think there will be no problem. Everything should run fine next week. I will also create faucet/s and giveaway/s, for which I will give from my own coins. Any other ideas are welcomed!

P.S. Eventually some crypto websites will support the coin with articles or something, but I'm still not sure about that and I'll be silent for the moment.     

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

Hey batesresearch,

-Xerodrag

When I have finished the website (It's very basic for now but will be upgraded over time), how shall we upload the site too your hosting? I can send you the files or you can create a temp username/password for me. Then I can point my domain to the webhosting DNS.

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:19:25 PM

Hey batesresearch,

-Xerodrag

batesresearch will create website and 2 dedicated nodes for the wallet. After that, I will create new thread for the coin, which will be on several languages (english, bulgarian, russian, serbian, albanian) and eventually german, spanish, french and italian. For the last 4 languages I still don't have confirmed translations, but I think there will be no problem. Everything should run fine next week. I will also create faucet/s and giveaway/s, for which I will give from my own coins. Any other ideas are welcomed!

P.S. Eventually some crypto websites will support the coin with articles or something, but I'm still not sure about that and I'll be silent for the moment.     

I'll dedicate 100Million to any giveaway, I will be looking at a block explorer and faucets after the nodes/new wallet zip and website are done this weekend.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

Hey batesresearch,

-Xerodrag

I'll dedicate 100Million to any giveaway, I will be looking at a block explorer and faucets after the nodes/new wallet zip and website are done this weekend.

That's nice! I'll double the amount and I promise 200 million! Cheesy

EDIT: 300 million coins are about 3% of all coins and that is from just 2 poor guys (at least I am). Smiley Are we not generous community?!  Grin

P.S. Block explorer is important. Yesterday I talked with one dev, but he refused to take over FAILCoin. It will be very good if we have nice developer...

xerodrag

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:49:42 AM

Hey batesresearch,
Just let me know when you're ready to upload files. I don't know anything about this new hosting service; however, I'm working with a couple of devs to create a basic coin swapping site. I'm sure they'll help us out if need be.

-Xerodrag
xerodrag

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:51:19 AM

All,
By the way, I'll also help with the give-aways :O)

-Xero
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:26:16 AM

Has anyone had any luck with compiling the source from the first post?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:29:42 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 02:52:23 PM by knightdk

I love this coin  Cheesy
I got 0.03 BTC by sold FAILCOIN with 1 satoshi on C-CEX. Wonderful buyer  Grin

xerodrag

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:25:02 PM

KnightDK,
Yep, this is a cool coin. Hopefully, we can get other's interested in it too Smiley
Batesresearch, no, I didn't know there was source code. Do you mean source code for the failcoin? That would be cool, as this coin should "halve" sometime soon, so we don't mine it out.

-Xerodrag
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:28:00 PM

KnightDK,
Yep, this is a cool coin. Hopefully, we can get other's interested in it too Smiley
Batesresearch, no, I didn't know there was source code. Do you mean source code for the failcoin? That would be cool, as this coin should "halve" sometime soon, so we don't mine it out.

-Xerodrag

Yeah check the OP for the source code link.

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:58:00 PM

Hey batesresearch,
Just let me know when you're ready to upload files. I don't know anything about this new hosting service; however, I'm working with a couple of devs to create a basic coin swapping site. I'm sure they'll help us out if need be.

-Xerodrag

I have managed to find free hosting, see temp 'Coming Soon' page at : failcoin.co.uk

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 10:54:03 PM

Nodes are in the process of being setup and tested.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 06:04:12 AM

KnightDK,

-Xerodrag

Buy again Buy again  Buy again Buy again Buy again Buy again Buy again

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:36:59 PM

NEW FAILCOIN WEBSITE

** VISIT www.failcoin.co.uk **

Update conf included in new wallet downloads:

failcoin.conf
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=rpcpass
port=44557
rpcport=44556
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
listen=1
server=1
addnode=162.243.84.18
addnode=192.227.251.74
addnode=188.40.252.207

NEW THREAD COMING SOON

GIVEAWAY COMING SOON.... 1 - 10 Million per wallet

Dragann

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Hi. I have about 30000000 unconfirmed FAILcoins from 4/3/2014 send from Coin-swap. Is there any option to transfer it in confirmed status? Other transaction before and after are fine. I download new wallet too.
Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: