Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet safety?  (Read 1735 times)
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:46:59 AM

it's safe if your take step high security for secure your wallet.if have any kind of virus in your pc then hackers are getting some chance to hack your wallet. other think is,must be keep your password & private key in secure zone.

thanks

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:30:41 AM

even though it's actually quite safe, if you store a few wallets in 1 PC, but if your assets are large enough I think it would be better if you separate your wallet on several different PCs. it will be safer and less risky
Each wallet must have different encryption, no need to create multiple wallets that will be stored on multiple PCs as well. All he has to do is save all passphrase codes/private keys in a safe place like a flashdisk.

it sounds more like being paranoid to me to be honest. otherwise if you do it one time and do it correctly then you should be fine with only having 1 wallet on a computer that is securely encrypted and stored so that nobody can have access to it.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 11:36:15 AM

I can manage all pasword dont disclose any other person and Use one pc.
Security is far from what you are envisaging, using only one PC in order to manage your password(privacy) is not a yardstick to protection from attackers rather a patial protection from your physical enemies(Brothers, Sister and close friends). For maximum  protection when it come to wallet issues are Hardware Wallets.
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:42:48 PM

Buy Ledger Nano S and you will be happy. Without confirmation directly on the wallet is not made any operation. If you want to form a transaction-confirm, if you want to send it-also confirm. The main coins in there and every month they add another one. And wear it on a chain around your neck, although there is a cord included. Then exactly your cryptocurrency will always be with you.
AngelJoshua

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:59:27 PM

For me if you're going to do that make sure that your desktop will really going to be safe too by being aware on what are you doing because we all know that there's a lot of way some hackers to enter on your pc.

At your service
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:08:13 PM

Is it safe to manage multiple bitcoin wallets from one pc?

Even it's recommended to seperate bitcoins into several wallets to hide your real balance from hackers.
Just make sure activate the 2Factor Authentication for better security or offline wallet for the safest
bluered

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:49:09 PM

Wallets will be safe whaen the owner is careful. Always remember to keep ng important keys, and never entrust it to just anybody whom you do not really know that much. Always remember that money is a great temptation.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:38:53 PM

There is no problem if you manage multiple bitcoin wallets on the same PC as long as you have PC security. You must use that PC only for those wallets, do not download suspicious programs and have a good firewall and a powerful antivirus. I recommend you have a backup of your PC data (stick, portable hard drive, etc.)

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sultanar484
Copper Member

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:16:40 PM

I am using multiple blockchain from my PC, no problems found yet. I save my private key, no other have access in PC except my family members but they don't know about.

gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:00:23 PM

As long as you have a duplicate of it to other pc or cellphone you can also save you wallet their for keeping safe for your money.
redsap

Activity: 336

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:02:42 PM

yeah it would be safe, and i think it safer if you are put your data in the hardware wallet, that would be nice after all because it can make you more safer for human eror hacking after all

farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:13:49 PM

Yeah, it's safe as long as you keep it safe. To keep it safe, you first need to use a powerful antivirus, and never visit sites you don't know about it without any method of protection. You should be away from unnecessary sites, keylogger may be the reason for your loss.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:31:38 PM

You have to secure your computer to make sure your wallets are safe. But it is better to spilt your coins and keep them in separate wallets. Hardware wallet is one of the good choice though.
Bugatti73

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:42:33 PM

For a home computer, I use either the BitcoinCore or the same Trezor wallet like a hard wallet. In my opinion, these are the two most secured things.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:49:35 PM

Security wallet is an important point in asset management. Without this point, it makes no sense to start the practice of cryptocurrency.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
mlsbd

Activity: 516

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:58:10 PM

Definitely you can use multiple wallets from one PC. BitcoinCore is the best in PC wallet.
https://wallet.mycelium.com/ is also good. But you need to a strong security in your PC.
If you going to alternative option is hardware wallet i think.
rishad quraishi

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:06:27 PM

If you can manage to make sure the safety of your one wallet then it's possible to manage multiple wallets. But should be more careful, like use a strong PC password, use a good antivirus,don't browse to website from where it's easy to put bugs in your PC like adult sites,torrent sites, etc. If you are able to maintain all this then it's alright.
Keshawn Frye

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:38:07 AM

It depends on wether you have complete control over that pc or not. It also depends in wether your wallet details and passwords are safe and bryond others reach or not. As long as you are the only one operating that pc and your operational details are safe, it is completely safe to manage multiple bitcoin wallet from one pc.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:39:12 AM

Wallet support for mutil altcoin and tokens is very convenient but there are certain risks, if hacked, you will lose altcoin in your wallet, for long-term storage, so use the wallet software from the developer!
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:16:44 AM

Wallet is important of the all people future saving. So people before use check the wallet information and feedback. This important of choose the wallet. Always active your wallet. Don't share the wallet any information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: