Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:48:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet safety?  (Read 1735 times)
Sam658878

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:06:00 AM

The dumbest thing you can do if keeping multiple wallets on your pc is to have one password for all of them, so DON'T do it
and keep private keys away, on a USB drive
2FA is always a must
these precautions should keep you safe in most cases
xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:16:41 AM

Safety wallet is first when you starting at bitcoin and altcoin as your project, always back up and use security added for your account and your wallet, you have more carefully with your safety wallet exchange.
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:55:14 AM

we have to secure the wallet in our own way with how we can secure the wallet and I think the choice to use an application or apple is good security because the security is very capable
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:52:28 AM

If you want to exclude such question in future, you should better buy a hardware wallet like Trezor/Ledger.
This is safe variant providing that you remember your recovery words or keep them in a safe place.
cryptowisser

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:33:07 PM

In our Cryptocurrency Wallet List, we have listed all cryptocurrency wallets and also provided a Security Score. You can just browse the Security Score-column in the table to see which wallets that are generally considered the safest.

Also, for further tips on security in the cryptocurrency world, you should also check out this cryptocurrency security guide.

All the best,
Cryptowisser
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:11:40 PM

Bitcoin is safe when you know the best way to protection your account and always deals with trusted people! Bitcoin and altcoin have some risks, you need to consider carefully when deciding to participate!
saaux

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:31:45 PM

many wallets are beautiful but myetherwallet is better. That's my wallet. It's okay my coins are safe in the wallet that's a real test of that wallet. NEM wallet is good for me and I've tried it for one if it's an account but it's ok for me to get the eth wallet.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ PLATIO ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   Smart Banking Ecosystem   █
▀▄▄▄▀[https://platio.io]▀▄▄▄▀
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:52:58 PM

Bitcoin is safe when you know the best way to protection your account and always deals with trusted people! Bitcoin and altcoin have some risks, you need to consider carefully when deciding to participate!
We have to make sure that wallet safety and security must be our topmost priority. Bitcoin makes it possible to transfer value anywhere in a very easy way. Bitcoin can provide very high levels of security if used correctly. It is our responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect our money. Some of the best practices are using strong random password, backing up wallet, wallet encryption, and using many secure locations.
estell55

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:28:19 PM

As long as you and you alone is privy to informations on your PC and privy to your PC's password,then I think you should be pretty safe with it, the thing is, most times big time traders/investors dedicate a particular device for storing informantions and wallets regarding their investments,if you sure have enough capital for that,its a rather safe bet.
sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:58:07 PM

As long as you and you alone is privy to informations on your PC and privy to your PC's password,then I think you should be pretty safe with it, the thing is, most times big time traders/investors dedicate a particular device for storing informantions and wallets regarding their investments,if you sure have enough capital for that,its a rather safe bet.

But just know that whatever you do make sure you keep your private keys PRIVATE!!!
I agree, as long as your personal wallet info doesn't get lost you should be good, the most important thing to know is when you have your digital wallet don't ever ever loose your private key or else say goodbye to you wallet.
That's true because the most important thing is that we should always be able to keep the keys of our wallet, if for a PC device I think it would be better if we have two PCs to be safer.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:07:19 PM

Yes,it's safe as long as you use strong passwords and keep your private keys.
You can change your current OS to Linux and download the Sandboxie software or a decent malware scanner program,like Malwarebytes.

This subject is important. The Linux operating system has no virus definition. In other words, it is safer than other OSs because the computer does not run viruses.

That's an urban legend: https://www.linux.com/learn/myth-busting-linux-immune-viruses
Linux is not immune to virusses, however it's security model is built in a different way than window's security model, next to this the amount of desktops running linux is smaller than the amount of desktops running windows (so a virus writer will be tempted to write a windows virus instead of a linux one because a windows virus can do more damage due to the amount of potential victims)

Also, AFAIK, both sandboxie and malwarebytes only have windows binaries available, it's no use to tell somebody to switch to linux AND use sandboxie or malwarebytes

yes there are Viruses for Linux but  mostly it makes no sense for a Trojan Developer to make a Linux Trojan becourse many many more users using windows so he has bigger targets. iam also using Linux Mint as OS but i have putted my bitcoins into a Paper Wallet and this is locked at my home Tongue

regards
dimiinx

Activity: 355
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:09:42 PM

Yes..it's very same to manage as many wallets as possible on a single device or PC in as long you own the PC or the device because of some passwords and details that mush have been saved on the PC.  You alone should have access to such device.
how to agree with you about that matter because it is true not only from ourselves to memorize the id and password but we can learn and know the security that can secure our respective wallets by using another application or system
shekt4

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:19:30 PM

Is it safe to manage multiple bitcoin wallets from one pc?

Yes sir ...so long your machine is in great shape!! ...but be sincere...i see no reason why you should have multiple btc wallet on a single machine...why not choose the best in terms of safety and user friendly....anyway is your choice!! Though i have used so many Bitcoins wallet on my PC...i never had any problems with it...but currently i have choose to stick to one wallet...May be some other time ..i wil recommend the one am using!!...let me add this- for security reasons; why not a paper wallet for long term hodl and probably keep the coins you will need to spend frequently on a mobile wallet !!...anyways using multiple wallet on PC won't constitute any problems!!!
shekt4

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:36:43 PM

No sir...not recommended...putting all your eggs on one basket is not cool....please use different wallets for btc and on different device...if possible get paper wallet for long term hodl...
Meanwhile is some wallets recommendations for ethereum network!!
Hardware wallets such as Ledger and Trezor are the best and offer the highest security but cost around $70-$150.

Software wallets like Enjin, Trust and ImToken are great free alternatives but with the Private Key being on your smartphone, they come in second place to the hardware wallets.

Browser extensions like MetaMask are good also but being browser based, their attack surface could be considered higher than software wallet apps. Also MEW is most commonly compromised by phishing attacks so please either use with caution or avoid.

As always, have a back up of your private key or seed words. If you lose your crypto wallet and don't have the backup somewhere safe, you lose all your tokens.

If in doubt, ask. We are here to help!
samycoin

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:52:41 PM

Is it safe to manage multiple bitcoin wallets from one pc?
I think it's safe as long you hold the private key and if you want to be sure use phone not only PC if you want sure to be safe both wallet. But I think one wallet is enough because you know to manage it but as of now I think many people now use multiple wallet because of many hackers.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
blueteam09

Activity: 664

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:55:43 PM

Using Coinbase, you can open multiple Bitcoin addresses. This will help you manage all your Bitcoin addresses in a fixed wallet. This is one of the simplest ways to handle it all at once. There are many other ways, but all that takes a lot of time and steps.

Aldgate

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:08:36 AM

In the PC world I tend to backup and move files from old machine to new machine every few years and hopefully before the hard drive dies.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of lifetime the hardware wallets are going to have? Are we going to have a good transition method 2/3/4/5 years from now?

A piece of paper in the safety deposit box still looks good to me.
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 03:16:39 AM

In the PC world I tend to backup and move files from old machine to new machine every few years and hopefully before the hard drive dies.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of lifetime the hardware wallets are going to have? Are we going to have a good transition method 2/3/4/5 years from now?

A piece of paper in the safety deposit box still looks good to me.

Hardware wallets are in existence couple year from now, so we don't know yet about their lifetime  Grin

Btw it's seed that all matters.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:47:02 AM

The wallet of cryptocurrency is actually a string of numbers. Protecting your string of numbers protects your encrypted assets!
Any wallet with cryptocurrency has a loophole in theory. We need to protect our private key as much as possible, and protect your private key. Your wallet is relatively safe!
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:58:03 AM

I don't think is safe to do that , what if the machine get stolen or get hacked it means all your coins is lost or gone. It is advisable to diversify your wallet as you will do for your portfolio.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: