Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:30:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet safety?  (Read 1733 times)
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:39:06 AM

Is it safe to manage multiple bitcoin wallets from one pc?

It is relatively safe if you follow certain rules for using a computer on the Internet. But I prefer to use additional methods. I have a virtual machine with Linux installed at maximum security settings, which is used only for working with crypto.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 06:55:52 AM

It's ok, as long as you have your private keys. The important there is your PC should be clean and secured, no viruses or any malicious files such as keylogger. Also, you can store your private keys offline, it is much secure. Or much better if you use cold wallets or hard wallets.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:29:02 AM

If you are managing multiple bitcoin wallets, then make sure you will not get confused on your private keys from each of them, you must know the right private keys every each of them for you to open them. Make sure that you can manage them even if you are having multiple accounts.
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:52:32 PM

As long your PC are secure enough to saving multiple wallets, i think it will be safe.
If you want to have multiple wallets in PC, you must have more backup so your wallets are really safe in case your PC is broken.

john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:57:41 PM

safe and not depends on how to use the wallet, but I suggest that if you have bitcoin assets or other cryptocurrency coins you can use a hardware wallet. it can be used as one of the best choices rather than using multiple wallets on one PC because of the big risk

wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:24:29 PM

For me there is no problem managing multiple bitcoin wallets from one computer, as long as we can maintain their security properly and can avoid hackers who are always trying to steal the bitcoin we have. Various security measures for bitcoin wallets can be seen through various internet news and others. So we should always try to get information about bitcoin and the security measures of the bitcoin wallet, so that the bitcoin we have will always be safe and avoid theft.
Raju Ahammed

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 05:34:27 PM

I think it's not a big deal to manage multiple wallet on one PC.It's totally depends on you,how much wallet you want to use or how much you want to save it on your pc.But one things is very important that is your security system.You should alwayes keep your wallet keys and also every information of your wallet in your own privecy.
We should know every time information about bitcoin and it's wallet privecy system and keep them yourself,thank you.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:54:29 PM

It is easier to manage single wallet than multiple wallets of course. If you want to have more wallets, you must have more security to avoid hacking.
For your safety, you must have main wallet that storing your most coins there, and the other wallets which you use for your daily transactions.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
wxa7115

Activity: 2744
Merit: 707

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:36:18 PM

That depends om what you mean by safe, some level of safety can be reached even in a standard computer that you use everyday, but your coins are never going to be completely safe, if you can live with that level of security then installing your favourite Linux distribution in your PC that you have verified is clean from any alteration and navigate the internet with good habits can be enough to keep your coins secure.

However if you have an amount of money in cryptocurrencies that you consider to be important then you must invest in a hardware wallet, it is unforgivable that some people have claimed to have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars and they were storing their coins in a Windows machine.
RiskySanchez

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:49:58 PM

Of course as long as you secure your PC properly avoiding public wifi and avoiding fraudulent sites I think it's safe to be safe. and never forget to always use Google Aunthethicator with double security from hackers trying to steal coins in your wallet

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:40:37 PM

The most important thing is that you have to maintain your personal wallet information not to be known by others, especially hackers, because they always try to find ways to steal the bitcoin you have. For that always be vigilant and do not enter into a site that is not clear which might be a trap for hackers. If you can understand how to secure a bitcoin wallet correctly, then in my opinion there will be no problem managing multiple bitcoin wallets on a single computer.
Pyr3x

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:01:21 PM

I think it's best to use a cold hardware wallet. Its main advantage is that it is not connected to the Internet permanently. This is quite safe and minimizes the risk of a hacker attack.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:03:01 PM

It is safe to use as many wallets you want but the question arises how you use those wallets as many people complain of getting their bitcoin wallets hacked because of some virus or installing a hidden malware into their pc due to which their bitcoins got stolen. So you must keep your bitcoin wallet protected by a password and have an antivirus software installed onto your computer and also have firewall installed and up to date as there are security flaws discovered every week or so.
DJ_Rick

Activity: 241
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:09:38 PM

I think that it is a good idea to think about a wallet safety and choose a hard wallet, to my mind it is better to use a hard wallet because it is a reliable way to feel free of worries
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:47:53 AM

I think as long that PC is our own, i think its safe. In my opinion, the most important thing on bitcoin wallet is private key, and its should be secured and not share it to anyone. But its much better if we keep our bitcoin in hardwallet
Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 12:50:46 AM

The safety of wallet lies largely on how a user keep it. You can have the most safest and well programed wallet, yet if you keep your logins lose or visit phisphing sites frequently, you can lose that security. Hard ware wallets like the Ledger Nano S also provide much security.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:59:23 AM

Is it true though that wallets can be incompatible? It’s mentioned here:
https://decentralize.today/manage-bitcoin-across-multiple-devices-cd0b0cb1b515
Qurelal

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:30:07 AM

It's safe. I recommend using VPN anyway.
MTNAX

Activity: 283
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:25:20 AM

Actually the wallet can be maintained if we really take good care of it. Actually, I personally prefer a hard wallet because I think its security is more awake and there will be no individuals who will steal the password. Therefore if we choose a hard wallet we will be more calm when we use it.
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:12:04 AM

Wallet must be secured and its security has to be a priority. Always remember that it is our responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect our money. Bitcoin can provide a high level of security if used correctly and responsibly. It's very important to store money in a safe place, a backup of our wallet can protect us against computer failures and many human mistakes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: