Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:15:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would a person who wanted to be anonymous sign their work with their real name?
yes
no

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Basic IQ test on Satoshi's identity  (Read 6018 times)
AnonyMint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:44:24 PM

All those people who vote "no" and have been posting in the recent threads about whether that Japanese guy in CA is the real Satoshi, took the blue pill (i.e. you are losing your sanity).

Those who vote "yes" are just dumb.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
liexel

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:11:45 PM

five years is a long time. he might have not given much thought about indicating his real name when he wrote the paper. otherwise, he could also very well have changed his mind along the way. why else will he lay so low? it's not as if after that he went around laying hints at his identity to claim his fame. its pretty clear he doesnt want to be disturbed.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:31:40 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 02:51:44 PM by AnonyMint

five years is a long time. he might have not given much thought about indicating his real name when he wrote the paper. otherwise, he could also very well have changed his mind along the way. why else will he lay so low? it's not as if after that he went around laying hints at his identity to claim his fame. its pretty clear he doesnt want to be disturbed.

Next question on the IQ test.

Would a person who didn't want to be anonymous from the beginning, refuse every request to give any shred of information about himself, and be so technically careful that no one can find a trace of his identity in any log?

Surely the people running this forum had his IP address and traced it through and found it was running through proxies (because many were very curious about who was this person they had never heard of in the field)

(read the Newsweek article and see what Gavin said. Confirm by reading all of Satoshi's posts here in this forum and on the Cryptography discussion list)

All those who voted "Yes" have an IQ I would guess below 120, maybe even lower.

(I would have said 100 or below, but we have to account for smart people who are ignorant about the history of Satoshi's interaction on this forum and the technical capabilities of tracking someone via their IP address)

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:35:51 PM

It could be this: Satoshi created the name Satoshi Nakamoto because he's a fan of Japanese Anime. He forethought that Bitcoin would hit it big, and he wanted to have the pleasure of seeing us make countless threads trying to deduce his true identity. He purposely choose Satoshi Nakamoto, not because the name is his, it isn't, but because he knows the name would sound personal and not like an alias, prompting newsites to go searching for Satoshi, only to find the wrong person because whoever created Bitcoin is not named Satoshi Nakamoto, thereby shrouding his true identity even further. The only hope we have now of finding the real Satoshi, is if he comes forward and sends Bitcoins from one of his wallets or someone close to him gives us valid information.

I would do the same thing if I created Bitcoin.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
00ph8al

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:40:03 PM

Academics have a long history of understanding the gravity of their discoveries too late.  Just look at Einstein and the minds that birthed the atomic bomb.

When you write it, it's just another one of 100's of academic papers in a career. Just like anything else you rarely know it's "the one" at the time.

Not saying this is him. Just thinking to history.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:41:59 PM

All those people who vote "no" and have been posting in the recent threads about whether that Japanese guy in CA is the real Satoshi, took the blue pill (i.e. you are losing your sanity).

Those who vote "yes" are just dumb.

All those people who vote "no" and have been posting in the recent threads about whether that Japanese guy in CA is the real Satoshi, took the blue pill (i.e. you are losing your sanity). Those who vote "yes" are just dumb.

Parliament

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:42:23 PM

Surely the people running this forum had his IP address and traced it through and found it was running through proxies

Theymos and others have stated that Satoshi always used TOR.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:43:08 PM

Academics have a long history of understanding the gravity of their discoveries too late.  Just look at Einstein and the minds that birthed the atomic bomb.

When you write it, it's just another one of 100's of academic papers in a career. Just like anything else you rarely know it's "the one" at the time.

This is irrelevant to the logic presented in the two IQ questions.

When you conflate irrelevant details, it exhibits low IQ.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:48:10 PM

It would have been nice to get this attention in any other context.  WikiLeaks has kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is headed towards us.

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I find this post of satoshi very intriguing. It is one of the few posts of him that is not about coding. If i interpreter this right we could say that we could throw away all the theories about bitcoin being secretly launched by some government. What are your thoughts?

edit: And indeed that he got scared because of this and backed off.

Doesn't follow logically as the only possible explanation.

I had seen this post before and had the following thought.

To maintain his anonymity he would want to bail out before the popularity would increase those trying to hack his anonymity methods.

Third and probably final question on this IQ test.

Would a person who doesn't want to be anonymous, suddenly disappear as soon as he knows the media has a created of flood of attention on Bitcoin?

I hope this has helped some people be more rational. Thank you.

BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:52:27 PM

omg, I missclicked and voted yes  Shocked

You can count -1
krampus

Activity: 98

Village Idiot

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:57:15 PM

When you post idiotic polls that start with implicit assumptions and end with dumb logic, it tends to suggest that you're just fucking retarded.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
liexel

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:03:49 PM

Would a person who didn't want to be anonymous from the beginning, refuse every request to give any shred of information about himself, and be so technically careful that no one can find a trace of his identity in any log?

Surely the people running this forum had his IP address and traced it through and found it was running through proxies (because many were very curious about who was this person they had never heard of in the field)

(read the Newsweek article and see what Gavin said. Confirm by reading all of Satoshi's posts here in this forum and on the Cryptography discussion list)

(I would have said 100 or below, but we have to account for smart people who are ignorant about the history of Satoshi's interaction on this forum and the technical capabilities of tracking someone via their IP address)

i actually dont understand whatever logic you are trying to explain.

the point is, i doubt he wanted to be found out. even if he did, it would be voluntarily, in his own time, whoever knows when that would have been. but in the meantime, it's pretty clear he wants to protect his anonymity, yet having the right to claim the invention as his own when the time is ripe.

i guess dumbass reporters are hard to predict.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:04:11 PM

When you post idiotic polls that start with implicit assumptions and end with dumb logic, it tends to suggest that you're just fucking retarded.

Sorry there is no excuse. The logic is very clearly expressed above. If you are offended by stupid, that is your problem not mine.

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:12:17 PM

or an IQ higher than yours because they can think of a reason you can't :·>

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:13:30 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 03:25:29 PM by AnonyMint

the point is, i doubt he wanted to be found out. even if he did, it would be voluntarily, in his own time, whoever knows when that would have been. but in the meantime, it's pretty clear he wants to protect his anonymity, yet having the right to claim the invention as his own when the time is ripe.

The logic is:

1. If I am not concerned about being anonymous, then I will not make sure I use Tor to hide my IP address every time I communicate with the world such that I can not be traced. And I will not ignore EVERY ONE of the many questions asking for information about me.

2. Satoshi was thus obviously trying to be anonymous from the very start. And thus he would never have used his real name.

Any other factors and ideas you might have are logically irrelevant.

P.S. The NSA can probably trace Tor, but that shouldn't matter to Satoshi, otherwise he could use other methods behind Tor that the NSA can't crack.

The above logic excludes most other possible reasons.

Even if you tried to argue that he didn't know he was using Tor and had been setup by a man-in-the-middle, then why would he refuse to answer even the very simplest questions about himself.

Hey I've seen you around, I thought you were smarter than that.

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:19:40 PM

He legally changed his name, and maybe was counting on hiding in plain sight?

Sometimes, simple and stupid gets the job done better than some 'LOLOLOLLOLOLIMMASOFUCKINSMART' bullshit plot that makes people feel more clever than they are.

Come to think of it - that's one of the ideas that constantly float around in the intelligence community - the 'KISS' Principle: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Only he didn't count on a bunch of journalists being dumber than he is Grin

We will see. IF he actually was acting and working under the orders of someone higher up, they will likely have used him as a diversion while the actually 'team' supporting this guy (front man) just vanishes into the shadows. Or, they were keeping tabs on him but since they can break in any time they want (technology or just his house), they were content to string him along and keep things quiet, while making use of him indirectly.

The childish, infantile 'WAAAAHHHHH' reaction of the crypto community might be EXACTLY what they were counting on to discredit further searches for the true identity of satoshi. Ironically, the 'lol we are anonymous respect anonymity' bullshit excuse is what's fucking over the crypto community and makes them easy to manipulate.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:23:31 PM

He legally changed his name, and maybe was counting on hiding in plain sight?

All name changes are published in the public record. Someone as knowledgeable as Satoshi wouldn't miss that factoid especially if he had researched and thought about how to be anonymous, as evident by his using Tor always and refusing to answer any personal questions about himself.

00ph8al

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:25:24 PM

What a troll.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:26:17 PM

What a troll.

Being smarter than you makes me a troll.  Cool

liexel

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:28:15 PM

The logic is:

1. If I am not concerned about being anonymous, then I will not make sure I use Tor to hide my IP address every time I communicate with the world such that I can not be traced. And I will not ignore EVERY ONE of the many questions asking for information about me.

2. Satoshi was thus obviously trying to be anonymous from the very start. And thus he would never have used his real name.

Any other factors and ideas you might have are logically irrelevant.

The above logic excludes most other possible reasons.

Even if you tried to argue that he didn't know he was using Tor and had been setup by a man-in-the-middle, then why would he refuse to answer even the very simplest questions about himself.

Hey I've seen you around, I thought you were smarter than that.

unfortunately i strongly believe this guy might be it. everybody wants to believe the real Satoshi is pulling some incredible smokescreen but i highly doubt that is the case. he could have used his name for many reasons, for pride, for his own amusement, or he simply didnt think much of it. i dont know, but eccentric behaviour isnt new.

i feel like im bordering on blasphemy here but Satoshi is an engineering genius, but not a God. people can be prone to lapses in that way. it's not a pretty story but it is what it is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: