Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:03:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency?  (Read 3671 times)
Nait500vail (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:40:22 PM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:50:31 PM

Only all in if you know what you're doing and even then it's probably a bad idea.
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:55:18 PM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?

For me, I don't thibk that it is safe to put all of your money to one coin because we all know that market today isn't in good situation and it is not stable. We might end up loosing all of our money if we put it only in one coin. We must know how to handle things and how we can strategize our money in order to grow and earn in good and fast way.
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:56:48 PM

Alright, I think it depends on your choice because in trading ups and downs are very common. To safeguard ourself we need to research on our rather than trusting others.
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:02:10 PM

In fact, value is still affected over time. hard to break. Most of all, the volatility of the market is parallel to this ecosystem. that is the source of life and the attraction of the market. As the majority of people here encourage diversification and it will limit the risk of investment, balancing funds at times. You should diversify your funds.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 06:09:20 PM

It is pretty risky because there are many cryptocurrencies designed for same thing (substitute for currency, smart contract platform, decentralized exchange ...) I would recommend to spread your investment to more then one cryptocurrency to keep risk to minimum.

I would recommend to have few currencies that are designed for currency (BTC, LTC ...) and few that are designed to be smart contract platform (ETH, NEO, EOS ...)

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 06:13:25 PM

In the end it is your choice where and how much you want to invest but personally i think you should diversify in atleast 4 to 5 coins, investing all your money posses higher risk if there is some negative event fundamentally you can face big loss, so i recommend to diversify.

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:19:30 PM

Crypto currency investment not safe at all so if you invest all your money in one you have higher chance for losing your money so you don't have to do that.But also not all the crypto currencies were worth to invest since we have 1800 crypto currencies with value fr now but in few years these coins will extinct other than the potential one so you need to invest on the best one for your safety.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 06:22:05 PM

Never a good idea for an individual to put everything into one basket in cryptocurrency; as this can be devastating and detrimental. Safest way which is ethical in cryptocurrency is diversification of portfolio than operating on a single portfolio.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:22:43 PM

I think this is really a bad idea because if you invest in just one coin (even if this coin is BITCOIN) you have major risk that a problem that this coin has will make fall price of that coin even if market is bullish.  I think you should invest in at least 4-5 coins in order to have a good diversified portfolio and reduce standard deviation
Fedrey

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:27:27 PM

I think this is really a bad idea because if you invest in just one coin (even if this coin is BITCOIN) you have major risk that a problem that this coin has will make fall price of that coin even if market is bullish.  I think you should invest in at least 4-5 coins in order to have a good diversified portfolio and reduce standard deviation
I think that today there is a good chance to develop your cryptocurrency business. Increase your portfolio with more profitable and new coins, which are in a low price position due to market conditions. Definitely in the near future you can earn a good income thanks to this. You need to direct your investment in at least 10 directions of coins.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:30:25 PM

do you really have doubt? If you really may think is safe, please think twice.

I really hope that you don't do quick choise..
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 06:34:29 PM

I don't advice putting everything in one bag has the lost may be critical if dip and same profit will be huge if moon but it's always cool to diversify your investment.
Ruben Ramsey

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:42:24 AM

It depends on your trading style and skills. If you are not accustomed to place everything on one cryptocurrency and not have the experience of doing so, it is unlikely that yo will be able to handle the situation if it goes downtown, and so you should not go for it. However, it is safe for you to put everything on one coin if you know what you are doing and how exactly you have to get out of the situation if it goes against you.
gefander

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:07:40 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 12:51:01 PM by gefander

Grin sometimes - it is - 99% )))) in really i'm not joke - just wanna that you understand risk - is very big, you must be ready that you can lose all, so don't take credits dont sell your home for crypto ))))))) be advise )
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:14:31 AM

I invested all my money in one token, and the first my investment has been decreased 20 times so you can see what risk will wait for you if you do like me, your money will change continuously, sometime you will be in the heaven and sometime you will enter the hell Cheesy
muzkle

Activity: 266

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:23:46 AM

In my opinion, the decision will be in yourself. By chance or risk is also you enjoy. But the cryptographic market is constantly changing and this market will have continuous surprises. Therefore, diversification of investment will be a better option. There may be 5-6 electronic coins at the same time.

mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:43:30 AM

Do you have a comparison to the question you asked? like banks, gold, gems, or other investment tools?

if you have a comparison then you will know if investing in crypto currencies is very risky, especially if it is only stored in one type of Kropto currency. the risk of your loss will be very large
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:47:40 AM

do you really have doubt? If you really may think is safe, please think twice.

I really hope that you don't do quick choise..
OP must consider about the volatility in the crypto before he wants to put all of his life in the crypto. Remember there was a lot of examples about people are loosing a lot due to the bearish trend. that's why OP must consider about all of possibility dude.
It's much better to put all of things in the major crypto rather than small crypto.
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:58:25 AM

Sure, there are a lot of times this topic already discussed. I think you put all the money in one and two or more currencies whatever it's not full safe.
If you interested go to this plan but you have to more risk even initial money trigger into half or less in any stage. I think you shouldn't play this game with big amount.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: