Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:14:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency?  (Read 3679 times)
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:11:50 AM

It is always good to invest in more than 1 crypto.

50% in bitcoin and 50% in your other favourite alt coins.
Isai Arnold

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:10:29 AM

Well, if you invest a bit more money than usual, then it's better to invest in different coins. But it'll not be that easy to maintain different coins for the novice. But if you can work it out, then it would be better.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 07:16:15 AM

its safe to put it in different coins but pick the ones with the ones to can potentially make you rich and trade with it to accumulate. that would be harder though. but if you aren't into it just hold. coins with huge volume are the ones you can be sure of. you'd be surprise they are the ones with vales less than a dollar.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Alia Rojas

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:15:28 PM

I don't think that it's safe to put all of your money to one coin because we all know that market today isn't in good situation and it's not stable. To safeguard ourselves we need to research on our own rather than trusting others.
Lea Bentley

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

It is a profitable but risky business. You need to de everything to minimize your risk as far as possible. In that sense I think diversifying your money into different coins might be a good idea.
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:35:57 PM

I think it's risky to put everything in one cryptocurrency. But if you choose top 10 cryptocurrency then I don't think so it is risky. But put all money in one cryptocurrency at the same time is not a good idea. You could devided your capital in few parts and then then you start investing in monthly way. Each month you could invest few parts of your capital in the specific cryptocurrency. That way you could cover your loss if the price going down. But you really decided to put everything in one cryptocurrency then be careful before choosing the right cryptocurrency and research all details before investing. I think top 10 or top 20 cryptocurrency is good choices for investment.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:40:11 PM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
there is nothing safe if you put all your money in just one crypto, your potential is to lose your money because of the bad market.
Never keep all your finances in one basket, if you experience losses you still have hope in the other coins.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:54:40 PM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
Sure, there are a lot of times this topic already discussed. I think you put all the money in one and two or more currencies whatever it's not full safe.
If you interested go to this plan but you have to more risk even initial money trigger into half or less in any stage. I think you shouldn't play this game with big amount.
When you want to put only one coin for investment for all of your fund,.it is good to get the coin that has potential on the market and your are willing to take long term and ready to take all risk. Many are advising to diversify investment to secure and make safe your funds because different coin has different potential and different time when to increase the price but if you want to take only one, you have to take more potential coin and be patient.

cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:17:26 PM

the risk of investing in cryptocurrencies is a security factor if cryptocurrencies have been recognized all over the world as a valid currency, of course security can be guaranteed for now, only our own security guarantees make it
veter2601

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:10:57 PM

To place your investments in one place is always a bad idea, not only in the cryptocurrency market. Moreover, the main feature of the crypto market is more volatile , ie the possibility to obtain a large and quick profit and quickly lose their investment . Therefore, I advise to spread your investments in multiple crypto coins , be sure after reading about them before.
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 02:14:54 PM

It is not safe at all! If you want to put all of your money in 1 crypto,then put your money in bitcoin or in ethereum.
Both have biggest capitalisation and I consider them as stable

Euroda

Activity: 370

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:18:32 PM

It is safe when you know what to imvest and also it is good when you know that cryptocurrency very well like ethereum if you truly believe on it that would be good and also i prefer to invest in other as well

gorkem

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

This is a very bad idea to invest everything in one cryptocurrency. During the whole existence of cryptocurrencies, we can conclude that cryptocurrencies have always been volatile. Therefore, having invested all my funds in 1 cryptocurrency, the probability of losing all of my savings is very high. My strategy is 50% in Bitcoin, the rest 50% in perspective altcoins.
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:38:49 PM

I would not do that, because it seems to me that today people still have a very big opportunity to lose their deposit, if people ask about it, I think that they just don’t understand why this is happening.
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

I think you better share your money in some cryptocurrency and never save your money in a cryptocurrency, because it's at risk of losing.

Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:44:36 PM

I will advise you spread it all over different coin that have prospect, do not invest all in one,no matter how confident you are about the coin,it is safer to have it spread over different coin.
Nggedebus

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:45:53 PM

IMHO, that is totally unsafe, cause we can't really know the future of the coins that hold all our fortune. Cause in cryptocurrency everything can flip upside down in an instant, so having a backup in several cryptocurrency would be the best decision to make.
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:47:12 PM

Do not put all your hard-earned money in cryptocurrency. Always consider it as a second investment, as this is a risky zone. Investing all your money is not secure as the market looks volatile.
Badboy[BTC]

Activity: 490

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

Keep all the money in one cryptocurrency in any case I do not recommend because the coin for example can be removed from some stock exchange and you can just instantly lose half of your money. It is better to invest in at least 10 altcoins, so you will reduce your risks
fanji

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:56:02 PM

safe or not, in my opinion it has become your choice to invest, but I suggest please be consistent to stick to one coin Cryptocurreny, but before investing don't forget to analyze it first
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: