Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency?  (Read 3677 times)
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 02:56:12 PM

I think we can diversify our investments and find suitable portfolios. Reduce your investment risk. Before investing, you must study the project carefully. Investment impulse will easily make you lose money.

john alex young

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:00:07 PM

I cannot guarantee safe or not, if you store everything in one cryptocurrency. Investing requires learning or knowledge. What I know, the world of investment is full of big risks, but in the investment world you can also get big profits.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:09:57 PM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
Definitely too risky Cool. You should not even consider such a thing. Putting all of your money into anything is a bad option.
I have been talking about how we should improve our portfolio by not just getting bitcoin and other crypto currencies but also getting into stuff like stock markets and so forth so we could definitely increase the security of our portfolio because having one thing really hurts it.

Right now, having just one crypto currency is exactly the opposite of what I have been saying for all these time, I would suggest not only having 10+ coins in your portfolio I also suggest having 10+ stocks and a small number of gold divided equally. That way you can have one bad day on one of them but get better on others and so forth for years and in the end you will be the one who will profit from less risky moves.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:11:09 PM

It is not adviceable to put all your eggs in one basket! The risk is not just worth it. The loss do happen and things may not turn out as planned sometimes. What will you rely on in case of emergency!
Risoruni

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:19:59 PM

It's usually recommended to keep your funds in different coins. If on one of them you lose due to price drop, then the other/others may override these losses.
Holding everything in one coin makes sense when you have reliable information about its rapid growth.

icovo   

████ The World’s First ICO Platform Implementing DAICO  ████
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:25:46 PM

It is not at all recommended to put all your savings in to just one asset. The experts say to diversify your investment on to various assets so that when the price drops, not all of your assets go down in value.
You might have heard of the phrase " Don't put all your eggs in one basket" applies well here. If you put all of your investment in one asset you might end up loosing a significant portion of your investment if that asset crashes in price. So that's a very risky thing to do.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:32:51 PM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
I don't invest all my money in the same cryptocurrency, and the risk of a single investment is very high.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
yukihirasouma

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:39:32 PM

for me not put in one coin,you must manage like coin 1 50% coin 2 25% coin 3 25% it's better than 1 coin.
because if you put in 3-5 coin maybe not all your coin the price down so you can still take profit.
nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:39:44 PM

I think it's a bad idea because if you only store one type of cryptocurrency if the cryptocurrency goes down or has a problem you will lose your money quickly. It is better to save the cryptocurrency divided into several coins to reduce the loss rate.
Anna Borisovna

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:46:57 PM

I agree with the opinion that in order to minimize the risks one should invest in several coins, divide the portfolio into 2-3 parts.
And to keep, say, a part in Bitcoin and Ethereum, and a part to invest in a couple of promising coins.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
GodsChosenVessel
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 03:50:55 PM

I think it's more safer to distribute what you've got in more place like invest in some major coins and some other promising coins instead of investing in one place. 

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 04:22:53 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2018, 06:59:36 PM by Comino

First, don’t invest all of your money in cryptocurrencies. Secondly, and you will see this  discussed a lot of times on all forums - diversify. Invest in the coins with reputation, but also do the research and try some smaller cryptocurrencies.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
Danielle Lewis

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:36:32 PM

Decisions regarding investing in cryptocurrency or any at that matter business has it's own risks involved. If you're looking to invest into just one make sure to do research into what it is you're investing in is good or not as you won't be making profits over night, this is a long investment game and even so, you have to be careful about how much of it you're investing into as with the market you never know anything for sure.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

It is not safe to invest all your money in to single cryptocurrency because it's too risky. You should at least Invest 40/60 of your total capital in to a coin, but I don't suggest going all in to a coin because anything can happen in the market.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
slightmoon

Activity: 224

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 07:34:52 PM

If we put all the money in single coin and only that coin go up more then what to say. But, It's hard for everyone. To get the chance of good profit it's better to invest in multiple coins. Investing in top coins in long term really good.

finbad

Activity: 215

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:53:37 PM

It is not recommended to use all the money in crypto money trading or to use all the money in ICO investment by most investors. Deploying money to different investment instruments serves to create a balance of profit and loss. Nothing is completely safe. Personal error or stock market security can make you feel headache.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 08:26:00 PM

It is not at all safe.This is not at all recommended by any of the experts as well.Putting all your currencies in one coin is like putting your life in that coin hoping that this will do good and if it doesn't than you don't even get a chance to even stabilize your self which is foolish as you must have PLAN B if PLAN A is not working.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Bobwallet93

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:33:53 PM

Hi there!

In ny opinion you should always devide your investment in multiple projects.

This way you wont loose all your money at once.
Maybe the project you like is a scam and all your money is gone, not a good idea.
Do your research and find 3-4 projects you like and devide your investment to those.
If one stands still switch to another befor it gets dumped.

Greetings! Cool

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.
natka

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:34:05 PM

I think this is not a good idea. Investing all money in one cryoto is very risky. You should invest in different coin/token. If you loss your money in one project the another one will help you to recover it. I will recommend you to invest partially in top 20 crypto from CMC.
I completely agree with you, because it really is a blade to keep all your investments in one or two coins. It is better to direct all of your assets to the Top 10 of the Coinport cap rating.
Puyol

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:50:30 PM

distribute all the money in all the coins method is the safe choice I guess except Bitcoin. You can invest all money to bitcoin that is the dominator coin. We can invest to just bitcoin or you can split your money other coins. You can choose EOS NEO TRON Ethereum and Bitcoin that are the great choices for me.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: