Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency?  (Read 3671 times)
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:39:09 PM

How risky it is to put all your money into a single project that can fail and drop its value significantly/to an absolute zero within a few seconds? Does not seem like a safe plan. You have to consider how much money do you want to invest: if it is just for "fun" and some experimenting- feel free to do the craziest things that you can imagine. I doubt that anyone would choose this way if they would like to make some profit out of it.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 02:46:53 AM

No it is not totally safe to put your money all in the cryptocurrency. There are many risks when putting it on this ecosystem. Because it can be a target to possible scam attacks, or even worst the coin that you turn from your physical money got negative price, turns your investment to a bubble that is bursting.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:49:50 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?

Spread it around a little.  If you are going to only invest in a single coin make it Bitcoin.  At least that way you get the benefit of getting the coins from any future forks.  But even then that's a risk.
xonecoinlovers

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:58:15 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
I can say that would be totally un safe. Because if that crypto that you invest on are failing, then you'll be loosing everything. You need to spread your fund into several crypto, in order to make balance on your income and as a safety precaution.

UBECOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 03:01:50 AM

No it is not totally safe to put your money all in the cryptocurrency. There are many risks when putting it on this ecosystem. Because it can be a target to possible scam attacks, or even worst the coin that you turn from your physical money got negative price, turns your investment to a bubble that is bursting.
hackers now attracted in cryptocurrency market since its price exspensive and exchange wallet vurnable  to attack.so its not secure for us if we put all of our money on cryptocurrency market.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:04:51 AM

Better put not only one crypto but another potential crypto, because we don't know what will happens with our chosen crypto. If this crypto got a bad news, of course it will affect the price and you will lose all of your money...

If you follow my advice, if one crypto you have chosen falling you still have another crypto as backup...
indobitcoin.tk

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 03:20:24 AM

would look great in the only crypto invested ride height. However, to be able to get a fairly high rise with crypto will be difficult because many existing cryptos has potential that is quite the same. give all to a single crypto will give a huge risk because prices are falling it will lose considerable capital it will definitely happen.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:23:50 AM

Having a single option is always been a bad idea because why choose one when you can have many?

Using the ALL IN strategy is applicable for a coin that you have 100% profit but if not,then consider DIVERSIFICATION for this you may take 3-5 different coins that in your view has a potentialsnd may bring you gain in time,i have been using this for long and i can tell you that this is more than assured than single investing
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:31:16 AM

Store in one currency more risky to lost your funds, but if it strong crypto with longlife time this risks minimal.
How i see this cryptomarket rise and down massively. if bull all rise, if fall all fall

FreeAirdrops

Activity: 179
Merit: 6

Infleum

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 03:47:43 AM

I'd diversify into at least 5+ cryptos. Nothing is certain in this market and even top 10 coins have the potential to be worth nothing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
Annieluvyou

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:04:00 AM

That could goes 50:50, what i mean is there is 50% chance you get a good profit out of it, and 50% broke due to the project failing.
I suggest you spread your fund into several project/coins, that would be safer.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:11:08 AM

Better put not only one crypto but another potential crypto, because we don't know what will happens with our chosen crypto. If this crypto got a bad news, of course it will affect the price and you will lose all of your money...

If you follow my advice, if one crypto you have chosen falling you still have another crypto as backup...
You should always have a sets of plans, so in case that the first investment that you did failed you, better to have another options, but in somehow you really did trusted the project and you have a good insight that things would really turned into a positive side, then you can invest all in without any doubts, it's all about how well you understand and how your own assessment push you.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:05:21 AM

its best method to get huge profit and its best method to lost all your money too. so i dont recommend that. always be diversified and invest in 10 good alts. dont follow a one crypto coin madly. also dont love coins madly. every coin has different team and roadmap then you will get profit anytime. always be diversified.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ObroQ

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:22:39 AM

Investing in only one coin presents a higher risk than investing in multiple coins. Inveating in multiple coins is not safe either but there are more options in terms of price growth or fall.
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:25:44 AM

It is possible and in one, only you must have confidence that you will not lose your capital with this coin, but will receive a profit. The maximum number of such coins is ten, the rest are not suitable for such tactics.

Expert3

Activity: 230
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:28:34 AM

I prefer to diversify it into three, it's risky if you put all your eggs in one basket, also, it is not recommendable to divide it into many coins because that would lower down your profits because initial amount of investments would narrow. Diversify it into three coins, maybe get a part on bitcoin and for those two could be a low cap coin, the reason is bitcoin is traded on most of the cryptocurrencies and more stable unlike the others so you could trade it against those two low cap coins that you hold.
LTCendmanagement

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:31:35 AM

I think everyone's decisions are different, but if for myself if the coin development is more promising in the next year, I decide to fully invest in this field with all the risks I have to be prepared.

munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:32:10 AM

It is not safe to put all your investment in one cryptocurrency because of the risk involve in cryptocurrency investments. The best thing to do is to invest in multiple currencies say 5 so as to reduce losses in investing in one currency should anything go wrong
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:19:30 AM

It is not safe to put all your investment in one cryptocurrency because of the risk involve in cryptocurrency investments. The best thing to do is to invest in multiple currencies say 5 so as to reduce losses in investing in one currency should anything go wrong
Then how do you know that thecurrency  will grow and will surely give profit?Sometimes investing in many coins may bring us lower chance of gaining.for me two of three coins is enough for holding so one may give us higher earning.this calls diversification a strategy that brings less losses to investors
terrific

Activity: 2142
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:30:32 AM

I would say if its only bitcoin, yes.
But if you'll invest to only one altcoin, I don't think that's a good choice.
They say diversify, yes that's fine but choose only the finest coins.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███