Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:15:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency?  (Read 3671 times)
kagawawa

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:15:23 PM

There will be no absolute security in the crypto market. We can only limit and control the possibility of bad. Only the moment of deciding to sell and buy the major coins depend on our experience. Roll Eyes
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:25:29 PM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
Well, recent Ethereum drastic decline showed how dangerous it is.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:28:27 PM

Actually if you take Top 3 Coins/Tokens and Lets say you invest all in Bitcoin or Ethereum then you probably more safe that you will invest in other tokens . I would not do that , better split them up , just in case one dies and other lives Smiley Never put all eggs in 1 basket , remeber that
keepandhold

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:42:34 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
Of course, the safer invest in 2 promising and stable coins from the top-20 than in a lot of risky altcoins.
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:09:28 PM

I have tried the option of spreading my money into many strong cryptos as people say it's the better way but it has not really worked well for me. My capital is at loss and stuck in many coins. I would prefer choosing only 2 to 3 cryptos from now.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:15:26 PM

It all depends on how much you can afford to invest. Investing a very small amount spread in many coins will only amount to huge transaction fees so it's better to invest according to the size of your Investment.
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:40:44 PM

During the bearish market it is good to have all your funds in BTC. You can spread it into several altcoins but your funds
will not be safe if the whole market is declining and crashes.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 10:44:10 PM

It is not safe and was never a good idea, diversification is a key to success in the financial world. I would pick from 10 till 20 tokens, depends on you though, would you be able to track that many or not.
ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 518
Merit: 325

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:58:57 AM

It's not safe at all. I tell you. Think for yourself, the chances that one coin will die are much greater than that your entire portfolio of 100 coins will die out.
elliuut

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:03:03 AM

Personally, I feel that you should never put all your eggs into one basket. Neither should you thin them out so finely. Find a couple of currencies, maybe 5???, that you feel has potential and leave them there
ilya_safronov

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:08:27 AM

For me it does not matter how much crypto you invested even one there is nothing threat, a very common practice. The question is always the same, do not invest the money that I'm afraid to lose. Choose a cryptocurrency very carefully and then profit will rise.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:14:03 AM

For me it does not matter how much crypto you invested even one there is nothing threat, a very common practice. The question is always the same, do not invest the money that I'm afraid to lose. Choose a cryptocurrency very carefully and then profit will rise.

Exactly, the old adage, "invest what you can afford to lose" is very applicable. But if I wanted to choose just one coin, then its better to put it in Bitcoin. Higher returns plus there's still enjoy the support of this community and its growing every year.

Alts is good but majority of them are simply there to be a pump-and-dump scheme so just be careful of your investments in the alt market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
olsyd

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:16:15 AM

Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
Investments diversification is the best approach for any investing market if you want to secure your investments then diversify if you want to risk all the money and hit the jackpot then put your money in one coin. This is a simple principle and if you don't understand it you shouldn't make any investment
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:21:59 AM

As a matter of fact, it is not safe. Diversification is very important when it comes to investment, because you never can tell  which will yield the desired result. Even if they will all be productive or successful, the level of success cannot be the same.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:35:53 AM

investing in one or two cryptos might be good enough for the long term. but when this to trade would be a hard thing when crypto crashed the price. the results obtained could certainly large enough capital because of the focus to one or two cryptos only. the risk is obvious when the loss will be felt once the falling value but for the long term, it is likely it could be covered.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:42:11 AM

Keep assets better in a few coins.  This increases the odds.  To increase the assets of your portfolio, in my opinion the best option.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:08:36 AM

If you keep the money in a single crypto, sure to monitor it very easily. But you only get a slight advantage. You should invest in some Altcoin with big volume. That way your benefit will be greater too.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:37:27 AM

In the present market scenario, i think this is one answer everyone is still working on, changing with time and situation.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:14:56 PM

When investing in one coin you increase the risk of losing your investment because when you invest in different coins some will rise, some will fall but you will end up making a profit with some coins.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:27:18 PM

investing in crypto currencies is very risky. nothing guarantees that your investment is safe. especially if you invest only in 1 type of crypto currency it will be very risky
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: