Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency?  (Read 3677 times)
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:31:13 PM

Any investment adviser will tell you putting all your eggs in one basket is very risky and would make it very easy to lose your entire investment. But what they won't tell you is that the highest possible rate of return can only be accomplished by investing in a single asset, you just have to make sure it is the one that will outperform all the others.

xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:50:09 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?

It is not the safest thing for you to put all of your money into cryptocurrencies. you have to know that there is always the threat of being hacked and then again there is also the problem of the coins being very volatile which means your coins can lose a lot of value in a short amount of time. The only money you should be putting in cryptocurrencies is money you are willing to lose to investments

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:18:09 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?

It is not the safest thing for you to put all of your money into cryptocurrencies. you have to know that there is always the threat of being hacked and then again there is also the problem of the coins being very volatile which means your coins can lose a lot of value in a short amount of time. The only money you should be putting in cryptocurrencies is money you are willing to lose to investments
Agree with you, the latest example is the situation with Oyster Pearl, i was sure about project is not scam, but shit happened and founder stole a lot of money from investors. Now they are waiting for token swap but the price will be at bottom i think. Cryptocurrencies are very risky.
nadezda@

Activity: 392
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:29:29 PM

The investor's rule is not to put all the money in one coin, we invest in 10 and more likely that half of the 10 coins will disappear, and the second half will bring a refund and profit.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 04:00:31 PM

I never suggest putting all your money in one cryptocurrency because it is a simple rule that never put all eggs in one basket. Always try to invest your money in a minimum of five instruments as this is the good strategy rather than putting in one coin.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 04:18:25 PM

Actually, you still need money to maintain your life and other real investments. So just put a small portion of your money into the crypto (money you do not need to spend in a while) and consider it as a long term investment.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 04:48:43 PM

There are many paths to destination and this holds true to investing. Since the market is still evolving, it is a risk to put all your investment in one project but then again it depends on how much you know about the project or coin.

What's is most important is that you follow basic investment wisdom which is not to invest more than you can lose.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 04:53:06 PM

Are you saying that putting every saving you have to cryptocurrency or putting every crypto investment to one currency,
in first case scenario, don't do that. EVER.
in second case scenario, i don't recommend that but if you like gambling(this is not an investment) you can try that.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
d3nz

Activity: 1330
Merit: 264

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:59:15 PM

It would not be good to invest only in one cryptocurrency since putting all of your money and if the price fall down then it would be hard to up high again and it would take months or years.

Better to invest in different crypto..

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
zitbau

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:01:07 PM

I think you should not focus all your capital on a single altcoin. Because that gives you a lot of risk of loss. Market movements are unpredictable. You should divide your capital to invest in different types of virtual currency. I think investing in 5 altcoin in the top 10 on coinmarketcap will be safer for your investment.

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:04:55 PM

Let say 20% safe of putting everything in one cryptocurrency and it's 50% safe in investing in two to max five cryptocurrency depending on the amount of capital. Crypto itself is not that safe enough it only those who are expert and carefully enough can invest because you need a lot of reaching before investing and putting everything in one is another thing.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:08:00 PM

It is not safe at all, many experienced investors say that the best way to ensure your investment is to diversify, that's why index funds are so famous, because they do the research for you and invest with your money to several promising projects, of course, you can be lucky and get rich if the currency you bet on explodes, but that's a very remote possibility.

Bitcoin to the moon
B.
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:17:42 PM

You have to be reactive about altcoins where you only need to trust Bitcoin for the biggest asset nominal. Entrust altcoin for futures trading and choose 3 altcoins that you think are best for long-term price continuity, so there are 3 types of assets that you have to measure according to your ability to store the best assets, and the last type is only used for short-term trading purposes.

Wicked Sick

Activity: 293

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:21:18 PM

Many consider it a risky move, but if you really choose a good alt, I think you could get rich, plus, I think that's the only way to win a lot of money in a short time here, but it's practically winning the lottery, no matter how much research you do, it's very difficult to know how the market will react to a new currency, so it's quite risky.

norachuks

Activity: 331

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:36:29 PM

Well, am not a fan of putting everything in one, so to me i will say it is wrong because if anything goes wrong all is gone.

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
Stewart66

Activity: 630

https://www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:41:08 PM

if it's bitcoin then I think it's safe it's just that you have to be patient when the price goes down, you don't need to panic because I think bitcoin is different from other coins, bitcoin is strong and has many enthusiasts even though it falls even bitcoin will rise therefore you only need to wait even in my opinion it's better to put it on one coin but the coin has proven to be really good and bitcoin has proven it

jekainvestor

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:46:15 PM

Of course to keep all the assests in one cryptocurrency is the most unprofitable and not safe way. if you want to get profit and have the minimum losses so it is better to keep some assets in bitcoin nearly 50%, some amout to keep in the Ethereum, and another amount divide between some of the TOP altcoins you are sure that they may become successful. but the choice is yours.
akunta

Activity: 196

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:47:15 PM

well, if we follow the common sense we will remember that it's better to divide. in case you have enough money to live on and enough money to lose you can try to invest in just one  Wink

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
MrKasperOne

Activity: 316

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 06:15:00 PM

Absolutely stupid, keep all savings in one token! Of course, if this is not IOTEX. At IOTEX, I would keep all my savings!
bootlace

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:40:20 PM

I believe that buying  only one cryptocurrency is completely unreliable. Maybe it will shot, but rather you lose

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: