Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:06:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency?  (Read 3671 times)
Anies_Sandi

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:49:50 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
I think the security of the crypto currency is our own, because there is currently no legal force that can manage the security of our crypto currency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 07:51:41 AM

This is a stupid idea, in the world of cryptocurrencies to invest all funds in one or two currencies is very stupid. Even buying shares of companies you should always divide all the money into several parts.Start with a few top currencies or coins, and if you make a profit you can expand your investment portfolio.
a4illusionist

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:54:23 AM

Not very. I believe the best move is to scatter your assets in multiple reliable currencies rather then one single currency. That gives you more chance to avoid any big slump in a single coin and can avoid you going bankrupt.

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 08:05:07 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
Choose only three to five altcoins are just enough in my own opinion. If you can put them in one basket you might end up broke when you incur loses greater than your investment in one coins. Diversification is better than losing all your investment. Less risky.
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 08:07:59 AM

Choose only three to five altcoins are just enough in my own opinion. If you can put them in one basket you might end up broke when you incur loses greater than your investment in one coins. Diversification is better than losing all your investment. Less risky.
In fact, such a strategy should be used not only in the cryptocurrency business. I think that in most cases it is impossible to focus on only one object for investment.
Jrfranco

Activity: 786
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 05:22:40 AM

Investing in a few types of cryptocurrency is not good at all,even business minded people are against into it. Diversification is a key in earning bigger profits, the only reason why people dont like to focus in a specific project is that, losses may be bigger more than what you think, compared to diversification, losses might be lower. Talking about this, what they suggested and recommended to you is right and correct, it might be they are more experienced, more than you. So take their recommendations as well.
Prettymie

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:34:13 AM

If you invested on the top currency I think it's not a problem because those coins are proven that will continue their journey to steadily maintain their ranking at the top but to think that crypto is unpredictable the risk is higher as they can dumps anytime and your money will trapped and it takes time to recover. Then, if you diversify to other coins the other coins can minimize your losses considering that not all coins will simultaneously dumps. It depends on how you manage your investment to get the most possible profits in a highly volatile market.
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:41:16 AM

If you invested on the top currency I think it's not a problem because those coins are proven that will continue their journey to steadily maintain their ranking at the top but to think that crypto is unpredictable the risk is higher as they can dumps anytime and your money will trapped and it takes time to recover. Then, if you diversify to other coins the other coins can minimize your losses considering that not all coins will simultaneously dumps. It depends on how you manage your investment to get the most possible profits in a highly volatile market.
actually with the current conditions, if we have crypto assets that are in the top market I don't think I need to worry. all we need to do is wait for improved market conditions. I believe with crypto assets that I have the price will return next year. we all don't need to panic, stay calm and control.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:41:47 AM

It is 100 percent safe to invest in cryptocurrency between other risky options like ico or banks . if you think why i considered banks to be risky , well that is because banks are only controlled by people or authorities  but in crytpos you are sure that your money is safe because no one own's or holds crypto aside from you . same as on ico , many people prefer ico because of the benefits but they dont know the drawback of investing on it .

xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:56:56 AM

It is not actually safe,
Imagine putting your money in one basket and that basket could be snatch from you,
Then that means you wouldn't have money to start again.
Always remember that you should have some back up plans so if your investment turns out to be wrong you still have something to recover again.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:57:12 AM

If you are asking me how safe if you are going to invest your money to one cryptocurrency 100 percent losing your money and 100 percent earning more money because they have big chances the coin that you have decrease the value or increase.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:02:10 AM

I don't recommend that you put all your money into one project. The risk is huge and you should diversify your investment to reduce risk.
hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:14:53 AM

I think it's totally acceptable if have done your research and believe that the cryptocurrency you chose to put everything will have a great future.
hengha

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:22:40 AM

Whether you choose to focus on investing or investing in diversification, investing in cryptocurrencies is inherently insecure, the only difference being the efficiency of your gains and losses.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 07:35:22 AM

Every investment decision is a personal one because of the intrinsic risk involved, however I prefer multiple investment portfolio to single investment portfolio so as to spread the risk, you can distribute your money in many crypto projects

Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:40:45 AM

Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies?
You should be one hundred percent sure of this cryptocurrency, it should be background, infrastructure, brand name. But one or two cryptocurrencies are easier to monitor than many.
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:41:52 AM

If you have more funds, you should invest in several projects at once, but the coins / tokens must go into several categories and must go through decision-making processes such as -> project detailed analysis -> project team analysis -> product / platform analysis -> whitepaper analysis, etc.
blockchain-man

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:43:31 AM

I think, in the crypto market no one can be sure of anything. fluctuations occur continuously and unexpectedly. Therefore, diversification of investment is a good way to reduce risk.
Musia

Activity: 518

https://saturn.black

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:49:57 AM

If this coin is stable and you are confident in it that it will bring you profit despite all the difficulties, then why not try to take the risk. Otherwise, of course you need to look for alternatives.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:55:45 AM

distribute the coins to the many that exist. It is a way of enlarging the chances to get lucky and also how to safely avoid losses from the collapse in the market price. While having only one crypto course is very quiet and feels long in accepting the results and it is not advisable for crypto in investments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: