Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:05:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Hydrants  (Read 677 times)
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:26:05 AM

Grin Grin
Nice post, something completely different as i am used to see here.

Sometimes i have to do several captchas even tough i am certain that i have done the first one correctly, it annoys me also. I suppose that it could have something to do with cookies.

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 12:35:28 PM

The fire hydrant one is very easy you newbs Grin (please ignore my comment if you are colorblind). These things get more serious when identifying storefronts. I think I got a 10% success rate, not sure if it's a store or something else. I wish I could read Chinese and Japanese.

*If you are wondering, this is a joke. I'm not stupid.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:25:50 PM

These things can be labor intensive for TOR users.  Is there a way for the forum to view the IP on the TOR exit node and know in advance if it is blocked due to over use?  I have times where I go through "pain" making it through the Captcha and then when I click enter to sign in the site comes back and states the IP has been used too many times or whatever.

I wish Theymos would charge 5 bucks a month for a user to enable U2F and that would now be my sign in option over the current entry requirement.  If that is too much maybe 20-25 bucks a year to have that option.  Great deal for me, but sadly not offered.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 11:58:00 PM

These things can be labor intensive for TOR users.  Is there a way for the forum to view the IP on the TOR exit node and know in advance if it is blocked due to over use?  I have times where I go through "pain" making it through the Captcha and then when I click enter to sign in the site comes back and states the IP has been used too many times or whatever.

For cloudflare captchas - request a new Tor circuit when you get a captcha.
For login captchas - https://bitcointalk.org/captcha_code.php
son14.girl

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:00:17 AM

I have experienced the same thing (to select or mark Fyre hydrant, car, store) or called (captcha). At that time I was confused and panicked, why when I logged in it appeared like, then I asked my friend, it turned out that it had a useful function. One of them is to avoid the bot account or actually state that the login is a human, not a robot. And that is a useful experience for me.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 05:41:35 AM

Why don't you check that "perma login" option? That way it's just one time nightmare. Plus, most of the times I don't even get all these selection options in Google Captcha. A simple click on the Google Captcha box and it ticks it right away... Isn't it this way for most of you?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:07:10 AM

Why don't you check that "perma login" option? That way it's just one time nightmare. Plus, most of the times I don't even get all these selection options in Google Captcha. A simple click on the Google Captcha box and it ticks it right away... Isn't it this way for most of you?

Some people share a device and don't want others who use the same device to snoop around, so perma login really isn't a good option. Plus, my understanding is if you clear the cookies, you have to go through picking the storefronts and crosswalks again.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: