Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:12:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess when the next bull market will start!  (Read 1320 times)
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:49:05 PM

in my opinion, the market will begin to improve in early 2019, and the bull market will start from mid 2019. and I predict that bitcoin prices can reach $ 25k by the end of the year.
We don't need to wait next year. If we want to see bitcoin price up more than 20,000 dollars we need to work on that. But I think in the yeat 2019 bitcoin will be more better and price continue to increase on that year because many investor again will invest to bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:37:21 PM

The only bull market is in folks dreams.  that's my opinion.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:10:15 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2018, 03:43:08 PM by Febo

So it's been pretty clear for a month now that the bear market is over and we are in the accumulation phase between bear and bull markets. When do you think the next bull market will begin? I see two possible scenarios, either it starts in November with the release of BAKKT and because by the end of October the price will have clearly broken through the bear market downtrend line, or if the market isn't ready for a bull market yet it'll just continue trading sideways until perhaps January or February at which point we'll see a pop up to $7000s and $8000s to start the bull market.

My conservative guess is February, but my hopeful guess is November.

Next bull run will for sure not start this year. After the bear market, the sideway market should last for at least half year. But probably will last even longer.  The most bad news is what if Bear market had not ended yet and we will get bottom in upcoming months. I am not sure why you are so sure that this will not yet to happen.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:34:23 AM

So it's been pretty clear for a month now that the bear market is over and we are in the accumulation phase between bear and bull markets. When do you think the next bull market will begin? I see two possible scenarios, either it starts in November with the release of BAKKT and because by the end of October the price will have clearly broken through the bear market downtrend line, or if the market isn't ready for a bull market yet it'll just continue trading sideways until perhaps January or February at which point we'll see a pop up to $7000s and $8000s to start the bull market.

Next bull run will for sure not start this year. After Bar market sideways should last fro a t least half year. But probably will last even longer.  The most bad news is what if Bear market had not ended yet and we will get bottom in upcoming months. I am not sure why you are so sure that this will not yet to happen.
There is no one who will know when the bull run will happen, and I think even this year, this will not going to happen so we should not expect with bitcoin at this moment, but we can buy more bitcoin as long as the price is low so that in the future we can get profited even 20% is a good profit already. Maybe next year, bitcoin can make good price or half of next year (hopefully).
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:12:26 AM

Me too if ever bitcoin etf decision will be finalized in February and has approved outcome Im pretty sure that bitcoin will have no time to fly very high even small players will be back investing on btc but what if big capital ventures will again ride on this game billions of money will enter into btc this is something Im waiting to happen this is really big. 

Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:22:29 AM

My guess is that we'll see a small alt pump in Q4 2018 and a true bull run in late 2019
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:01:22 PM

Rather than putting so much attention in this year for bitcoin, I would rather be putting more focus in 2019/2020 for a bull run instead. Sure, a lot of development will come up within this short time, and we might probably get to see some slight or huge level of adoption as the case may be, and we all know what all that would mean for the space entirely. Nonetheless, I guess we will just have to be patient to see what the trend and time will give us eventually.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:40:35 PM

Next bull market? This one started in 2009 and hasn't finished
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:54:53 PM

It seems everyone is expecting a November bull run to happen, but in current scenario I really don't see it happening unless suddenly there's mass adoption once again, or the hype kind scenario once again is repeated when futures were coming. I'm not really aware Bakkt but I'm reading mixed reviews regarding it, if it'll be good for bitcoins then it's more than welcome. I'm expecting 10k by Q2 of 2019.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:01:48 PM

I'll go for somewhere in 2020, especially because of how markets tend to do the opposite of what people believe will happen.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm actually tempted to guess it's further off than that, because so many people expect the next halving to coincide with the next bull run. Most people can't even fathom another long term bear market like after the 2013 bubble. That's why I know it's possible. Smiley

thecodebear (OP)

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:00:35 PM

I don't see any clear signs that the bear market is over, the price hasn't gone down but it hasn't actually recovered yet. The sideways trading just shows it has bottomed out but we are still in a low market cap and if it hasn't risen, it could go down

Sideways trading is not a bear market, and not recovering does not mean we are still in a bear market. We are between the bear and bull markets.

The chart for 2018 makes it pretty clear that the bear market is over. Of course there is some very small chance that this is wrong, but it seems highly unlikely that the bear market will continue. What we're seeing is simply a classic turnaround. Look at the charts for this year. The bottom of ~6000 was repeatedly hit all year starting in early february, with each time producing a jump up, but each time producing a smaller and smaller jump - lower highs but with a solid unwavering bottom.

After that final lower high at end of August / beginning of September of $7400, when the drop from that came and the price maintained the 6000 floor it became clear the bear market was over. There is no more room for lower highs with only ~$1400 between the floor and the last high. So, predictably, the price is now just hanging around between the floor and that last high, with low volatility, in the transition time between bear and bull markets. Check out 2015 if you want an example. That cycle was longer than this one, but from like Feb to Oct of 2015 the price was just chillin between 200 and 300, that is the point we are at now in this cycle. We're only a month and a half into this transition so it is very possible it lasts for several more months into 2019, but we can say with very high confidence prices aren't gonna drop anymore and that the start of the next bull run is incoming in the coming months, possibly weeks if BAKKT turns out to be a big catalyst, but I think months is more likely as I think it'll take some time for the effects of BAKKT and the start of Wall St money to be felt.
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:06:29 PM

Why so many people are excited about Bakkt?It's a centralized project that will create "bitcoin tokens" backed by bitcoins.It's kinda similar to Tether,but with bitcoins,instead of US dollars.Such projects are doomed to fail.
My guess for a big bull run is the end of 2019 or maybe 2020,after the halving.

i haven't really looked into Bakkt that much but this is the first time i hear this ("creating tokens") thing. what i have heard is that it is more like a regular exchange where you can buy/sell bitcoin anywhere.

in any case when it comes to rise, it doesn't matter what it is. what matters is the hype. like the Futures which brought hype and it wasn't even good for bitcoin! but it caused a huge rise. and Bakkt can act the same and initiate the rise. and if price gets out of this stable channel the money will come back with confidence.

Don't worry about that guy. He either doesn't know what he is talking about or explained it very poorly. There are no bitcoin tokens, and it is nothing like Tether. BAKKT buys bitcoin to back all of the Bitcoin being traded on its exchange, holds it in its own custody solution for its Wall St clients that use the exchange, no different than any other crypto exchange except likely with BAKKT instead of mostly being people bringing bitcoin to the exchange BAKKT will be buying up Bitcoin and selling to Wall St players who just bring in their money and they can then trade Bitcoin over the exchange. The more players that join BAKKT to trade or invest the more Bitcoin BAKKT has to buy up from elsewhere. In time it will probably dwarf any other single crypto exchange since the Wall St whales who will play on it make the average Bitcoin whale look like a minnow.
Bustart

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:55:45 PM

It seems everyone is expecting a November bull run to happen, but in current scenario I really don't see it happening unless suddenly there's mass adoption once again, or the hype kind scenario once again is repeated when futures were coming. I'm not really aware Bakkt but I'm reading mixed reviews regarding it, if it'll be good for bitcoins then it's more than welcome. I'm expecting 10k by Q2 of 2019.
Indeed I expect that would be happening this November, and as the current dips of the value goes on more demands will be arising soon. Don't rush your holdings yet, because you will regret everything if you lose it will cheaper price in the market. Be strong and hold on your assets in order to gain a better profit soon.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:19:56 AM

Well all of us is hoping that bull run start soonest but like others said we don't know when bull run starts. The important is to hold and be patience to what we have in crypto because all things will be back on track again. And hopefully this November is a great month for all of us.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:49:31 PM

OP here, I guess BAKKT is actually starting trades in December, not November. November its just opening up allowing institutions to sign up. I think probably it will take a couple months for institutions to dive in, but as they slowly join I think we'll see a gradual price rise, and at some point even the bears will realize that the bear market has been over since early September and the bull run will get going. By February I think we will undoubtedly be in the next bull market.
exstasie
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:16:57 PM

I don't see any clear signs that the bear market is over, the price hasn't gone down but it hasn't actually recovered yet. The sideways trading just shows it has bottomed out but we are still in a low market cap and if it hasn't risen, it could go down

Sideways trading is not a bear market, and not recovering does not mean we are still in a bear market. We are between the bear and bull markets.

Markets often range before continuation. In this case, we could be ranging before downside continuation. Ever heard of a bear triangle, or a bear flag? These are "sideways" ranges that occur in between downtrends.

It's a bear market until proven otherwise, since that was the last trend. Bulls need to make a higher high to even suggest the bear market is over.

The chart for 2018 makes it pretty clear that the bear market is over. Of course there is some very small chance that this is wrong, but it seems highly unlikely that the bear market will continue. What we're seeing is simply a classic turnaround. Look at the charts for this year. The bottom of ~6000 was repeatedly hit all year starting in early february, with each time producing a jump up, but each time producing a smaller and smaller jump - lower highs but with a solid unwavering bottom.

That's why some people consider it a descending (bearish) triangle. Lower highs, horizontal bottom.

thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:11:58 PM

Markets often range before continuation. In this case, we could be ranging before downside continuation. Ever heard of a bear triangle, or a bear flag? These are "sideways" ranges that occur in between downtrends.

It's a bear market until proven otherwise, since that was the last trend. Bulls need to make a higher high to even suggest the bear market is over.

That's why some people consider it a descending (bearish) triangle. Lower highs, horizontal bottom.

I can suggest anything I want, and if it goes up in the coming months then I am right. So why can't I suggest it? There is no indication that Bitcoin will break down the support that has held all year long. I'm not saying it is totally impossible that the bear market would extend itself, but I'd give the chance of that happening about 5%, especially with BAKKT coming soon, other Wall St firms getting ready with their own services. Most likely thing is a few months of sideways trading and then the start of the next bull market. If the price did drop, all the bears like you who think it will drop will buy in because that is the drop they've waited for, and all the bulls who see the incoming bull run will buy cuz thats a better price than they ever thought they'd get again, so any drop would be short lived and likely just result in a quick turnaround to rising prices.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:15:28 PM

in my opinion, the market will begin to improve in early 2019, and the bull market will start from mid 2019. and I predict that bitcoin prices can reach $ 25k by the end of the year.
I totally agree with you and understand your views very well. Remember that the 2017 bull run was a fall out of what happened in 2016, this time in 2016 bitcoin was in a bear market.  I expect mid 2019 to be a very wonderful time for us to see another upwards movement that will push bitcoin above $25,000. Goodluck to all of us.
exstasie
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:40:46 PM

I can suggest anything I want, and if it goes up in the coming months then I am right. So why can't I suggest it? There is no indication that Bitcoin will break down the support that has held all year long. I'm not saying it is totally impossible that the bear market would extend itself, but I'd give the chance of that happening about 5%, especially with BAKKT coming soon, other Wall St firms getting ready with their own services.

You can suggest whatever you want. The implication was that it's foolish to declare the bear market over because by any conventional standards, it's not. Dow theory, long term moving averages, lower highs/lower lows all say there's been no reversal yet. In terms of Wyckoff cycle analysis, there's been no sign of strength to confirm that this range was an accumulation (rather than distribution) schematic. What kind of TA do you practice that says the bear market is over? It sounds like a crystal ball. Wink

How would you quantify the odds at 5% anyway?

The thing about Wall Street is, the brokers and investment banks are creating infrastructure for demand that doesn't exist yet. Why has Morgan Stanley said they haven't launched derivatives yet? Because the current clearance activity is so low and there is no demand from their clients. BlackRock is literally the world's largest asset manager and their CEO recently said none of their clients are interested in Bitcoin.

Give it time. I'd be wary of getting your expectations up too much by the mere launch of trading products.

Most likely thing is a few months of sideways trading and then the start of the next bull market. If the price did drop, all the bears like you

I'm not a bear. I'm actually quite neutral. "Sitting on hands" is what a good trader does in a tight range while waiting for breakout.

I'm just trying to temper this blindly bullish bias I see all over the forum right now. When bulls become really confident, it's usually a bearish sign. Undecided

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:55:17 PM

People are predicting that it will start in November because of the entire "Remember remember the 5th of November" meme and the fact that in 2013 and 2017, it had a crazy rally then. There is also the Bakkt which supposedly was moved onto December launch.

However like everything in life, since everybody expects November to be bullish the exact opposite can and most likely will happen. Instead it can go down or it can do what it does now and is basically trade sideways.

There is about a week to go before November starts and the markets are completely dead, so it should tell you something.

But in hindsight its easy to tell when the bull-run started after the fact, the $5800 might of been the yearly low or it might of been a good price to get out of Bitcoin if it breaks.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██