Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:40:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LastLaughingGuy - day trading diary  (Read 47689 times)
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 94
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:19:48 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2019, 04:28:16 PM by LastLaughingGuy
Merited by LoyceV (7), Stedsm (5), Victorycoin (2), Taki (1)

Hi all,

I would like to start to post my altcoin trades here, being as transparent as possible.

(edit: i once received a ban for excessive bumping so please:)
Join me on to see charts, real time entries & exits

Why I'm doing this:
-forcing myself to trade disciplined - I just can't paper trade and will post entries and exits shortly after execution.
-planning trades more detailed - I will try to post charts I'm watching reasoning my entries & Exits, preventing to jump into trades (I'm an "overtrader")
-overall improvement due to adjustment within this thread after results/ feedback
-fun I hope and  I'm hoping for another bull run in btc trying to accumulate as many btc as possible until then

whats my trading style
- I'm a scalp and swing trader. not at all a hodler. For me 95%+ of the coins are shit coins and doomed and i treat all coins like that -except btc. I don't care about fundamentals which makes my trading technical.
- I use trendlines, support, resistance, price action, sometimes RSI and MACD histogramm, no fancy indicators - keeping it as simple as possible.
- I always have a stop loss! While trading I will execute manually. I willl never sleep in a coin without a stop loss in the system (reason see above)
- I try to cut losses usually at less than 2%. 5% if position size is small. More than 10% means i screwed up somewhere.
- I try to avoid coins with less than 200 btc daily volume or use very small position size
- orderbook may sometimes have relevance
- i trade in binance and bitmex (but bitmex tilts me)

my background
- 40y old german family father with 2 kids
- I was a full time day trader in the stockmarket from 2006-2009
- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18 starting with 0,29 btc, currently at 2.9 btc - which is my trading capital i will use here. (how could i miss out on 2017 Sad  Huh)

That's it for now - let's see how it goes....and never forget: nothing in this thread here is financial advise

LLG
------------------

results Oct/NOV'18  => 0,54 btc
results Dec'18  => 0,36 btc
results Jan'19  => 0,045 btc
results Feb'19  => 0,115 btc
results Mar'19  => 0,196 btc
results April'19  => 0,086 btc
results May'19  => 0,4 btc
results June'19  => 0,443 btc
results July'19  => 0,548 btc
results Aug'19  => 0,176 btc
results Sep19  => 0,026 btc
results Oct19  => -0,01 btc

results overall => 2,34 btc

overall graph:

trades Oct/Nov 18

trades Dec 18

trades Jan 19

trades Feb19

trades Mar19

trades April19

trades May19

trades June19

trades July19

trades Aug19

trades Sep19

trades Oct19

--------------------------------------------

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:16:19 AM

Hi all,

first of all my opinion about btc.

short term (days / weeks): undecided - bearish tendency
mid termn (months): bearish
longterm (years): bullish

So since I'm trading and hodling btc meanwhile it wouldn't make much sense to do all that thinking btc will die.  So as already mentioned i try to accumulate as many btc as possible before the next bull run. I bought in when BTC was at 11900 $ and just try to outtrade the bear market.
However I believe that we have alot of consolidation ahead and I'm talking 12-18 months. Only when 95% of the traders have left the scene, not looking into their accounts because they dont want to feel the agony of being down 90%+ on most of their holdings - then the chances are good to see another cycle. Too many didnt deserve the huge gains they made and usualy the market takes it back.

While going down even more i think 3k is an area where i would even like to invest longterm and i will buy my kids 1 btc each on that price to hodl it for years.
Maybe we will see 8k or even 10k before going down further but i doubt we will go from here and never look back.
Additionally I think the whole cryptosphere is extremely shady and the recent bitfinex bitmex tether issues are making me puke - so yeah I'm also prepared to lose my btc's.

IF we really are at the low here I wouldn't mind either. Trading in a bull market is alot easier than in a bear market. Only my kids wouldnt have 1 btc Smiley.

LLG

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:37:37 AM

here the 4h btc chart

between 6000-6800 I'm neutral. above 6800 i will be bullish short term below 6k i will be bearish.
We are currently moving sideway and meanwhile crossing the longterm down trend but volume is very low and the move not significant for me.

the current spike to 6800 i think was mainly induced by the tether fud where ppl would be into btc at the tether exchanges to get out of tether - therefore the premium. so i dont think at all that this candle demonstrates strength.
the green zone i may long on bitmex, the red zone short with tight stops.

LLG

CbineUltra

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:52:39 AM

Hi all,

I would like to start to post my altcoin trades here, being as transparent as possible.

Why I'm doing this:
-forcing myself to trade disciplined - I just can't paper trade and will post entries and exits shortly after execution.
-planning trades more detailed - I will try to post charts I'm watching reasoning my entries & Exits, preventing to jump into trades (I'm an "overtrader")
-overall improvement due to adjustment within this thread after results/ feedback
-fun I hope and  I'm hoping for another bull run in btc trying to accumulate as many btc as possible until then

whats my trading style
- I'm a scalp and swing trader. not at all a hodler. For me 95%+ of the coins are shit coins and doomed and i treat all coins like that -except btc. I don't care about fundamentals which makes my trading technical.
- I use trendlines, support, resistance, price action, sometimes RSI and MACD histogramm, no fancy indicators - keeping it as simple as possible.
- I always have a stop loss! While trading I will execute manually. I willl never sleep in a coin without a stop loss in the system (reason see above)
- I try to cut losses usually at less than 2%. 5% if position size is small. More than 10% means i screwed up somewhere.
- I try to avoid coins with less than 200 btc daily volume or use very small position size

my background
- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18 starting with 0,29 btc, currently at 2.9 btc - which is my trading capital i will use here. (how could i miss out on 2017 Sad  Huh)

That's it for now - let's see how it goes....and never forget: nothing in this thread here is financial advise

LLG

I'll be happy to watch your deals. I am sure that You will succeed. I hope that Your 2.9 btc will increase 10 btc. Good luck!

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:49:26 AM

- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18

you have intrigued me with these two. i hope to see more. i will try to follow your posts.
i believe the Trading Discussions board (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0) is better suited for this type of topic though.

Quote from: LastLaughingGuy
the current spike to 6800 i think was mainly induced by the tether fud where ppl would be into btc at the tether exchanges to get out of tether - therefore the premium. so i dont think at all that this candle demonstrates strength.

the bitcoin-tether price does not matter at all. if you check the bitcoin-fiat (such as bitcoin-USD) charts you can see that there has been no surge at all. there was a small rise because of the drama lately but there was no "surge" and price stayed around $6500 as always.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:08:34 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:11:14 PM by mprep

I'll be happy to watch your deals. I am sure that You will succeed. I hope that Your 2.9 btc will increase 10 btc. Good luck!

Thank you for your kind words Smiley - i got to admit though alot of "IF's" in the equation - lets see

i believe the Trading Discussions board (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0) is better suited for this type of topic though.

Quote from: LastLaughingGuy

the bitcoin-tether price does not matter at all. if you check the bitcoin-fiat (such as bitcoin-USD) charts you can see that there has been no surge at all. there was a small rise because of the drama lately but there was no "surge" and price stayed around $6500 as always.

Ok thank you - i thought its mainly about Bitcoin in that economy corner. if it makes sense i don't mind to let the thread being moved.

And with regards to the 2nd point i got a completely different opinion, because tether trades have such a high volume it has an influence. with 6800 i was looking at bitmex which i think got influenced by the bitfinex price. but you are right it was more than just the tether losing so much value. We also saw a big short squeeze and maybe some fomo of ppl thinking we may have broken the downtrend. Coinbase for example did also move to 6800 and is fiat based.

LLG

currently looking at Nano, ICX, XRP, GVT also has a very bullish chart.

But volume on a sunday really is an issue which would result -if I will enter a trade - in reducing my position size since the noise is way higher resulting in less sucessfull trades.

NANO at the downtrend line. if it breaks with volume confirmation i may enter. the  green zone i will buy some if we would go there.

ICX i may enter if strength builds up above 1090.

XRP looks nice above 7200

GVT I'm waiting for a pullback for an entry

thats it for now. I'm going out with the kids in the afternoon -so I dont think i will open any position until evening.

LLG

fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:10:17 PM

Tether and bitcoin pair is the best to trade as there is big volume to it and there will be no loss when you exit with USDT and then buy back BTC after dip, its what most of the traders do. I hope to see your 2.9 BTC increase. If there were only copy trade.

Any pro trader would have looked at crypviser today, for some reason it pumped over 100% on hadax. There will probably be a dump somewhere down the line as usual but would have been good to get those gains today

I don't know about that Thule has gone nuts today in meta which I think he was one of the top holder of that coin, top in the richlist. He'll soon dump all he got.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:55:10 PM

Tether and bitcoin pair is the best to trade as there is big volume to it and there will be no loss when you exit with USDT and then buy back BTC after dip, its what most of the traders do. I hope to see your 2.9 BTC increase. If there were only copy trade.
Copy trade wont really be a bad idea but those technical tips above aren't bad at all.Maybe I would add up these analysis as a preference.A day trader came from stocks to forex will definitely
feel up the changes when it comes to volatility.Im still amazed with that starting capital he do able to make it grow on a short time.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:09:27 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:11:32 PM by mprep

Any pro trader would have looked at crypviser today, for some reason it pumped over 100% on hadax. There will probably be a dump somewhere down the line as usual but would have been good to get those gains today

Hi Sensei,

despite the fact that I'm not a pro trader, those trades aren't for me. some coin i never heard of on an exchange i never heard of Smiley. I think once in the last 10 months I made like 30% with TRON overnight. But the position size on those coins is almost always  max. 10-20% of my trading capitial. I'm looking for the smaller gains.

"homeruns are for losers" - i think its from the book tools and tactics of a master day trader. I'm super happy to catch one of those once in a while but its pure luck and coincidence in my case. 

I try to avoid tether as much as possible tbh and would love if binance would get fiat pairs instead.
Buying the dip is easy in retrospec but in the moment tether loses 5-10-15 -20% ....there is a chance that thing is imploding. i think its a scam. maybe it has only like a 5% chance to fail soon but that means we got a 1 in 20 chance to go broke with that strategy. If you want to stay in the game for many years you need to avoid those things at all costs. Sooner or later you will get trapped there. It is all about preservation of your trading capital, after that comes the goal to increase that.

After i startet trading in 2001 i took that lesson with Enron (u guys can google it if you dont know what it is) I lost like 40% of my capital on that one. Chart sais it all... there was no dip Smiley

(for some reason the pic won't show - just the link)

LLG

so - went swimming with the kids - the only alarm which went off meanwhiole was MOD breaking 16000. It went to 17220 but pulled back. I may enter around 16300 if we built up strength. I like the shape of the bottom which formed during the last days.
again ..small position if so. Its a fast mover in both directions

bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:01:25 PM

Best of luck, I will keep an eye on this in the hope of learning some myself. Going 10x in BTC this year is pretty impressive given how badly the whole market has been performing in that time period.

Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:56:21 PM

This is definitely a thread to keep an eye on. I'll be looking to learn a lot from you, especially from your wealth of experience. I've just bookmarked this thread for ease of reference. Love the fact that you're balancing work with family, the kids don't miss you in their lives because you're buried in your TA and trades monitoring. Guess I'm in for an amazing run with you..
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:27:17 PM

Best of luck, I will keep an eye on this in the hope of learning some myself. Going 10x in BTC this year is pretty impressive given how badly the whole market has been performing in that time period.

Yep, this really great result
But, The OP can do that
Because, he focused to increase his bitcoin amount, and i believe everybody can do that as we can control our patience and use a good money management system

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:05:00 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:11:49 PM by mprep

This is definitely a thread to keep an eye on. I'll be looking to learn a lot from you, especially from your wealth of experience. I've just bookmarked this thread for ease of reference. Love the fact that you're balancing work with family, the kids don't miss you in their lives because you're buried in your TA and trades monitoring. Guess I'm in for an amazing run with you..

Thank you Smiley ...and yeah not easy to spend enought time with kids. Working full time too which translates into a 50-60h week.

Yep, this really great result
But, The OP can do that
Because, he focused to increase his bitcoin amount, and i believe everybody can do that as we can control our patience and use a good money management system

good money / risk management + taking care of your losing trades to not let them grow too much is key  - the rest will come by itself.
and lets see how the perfomance goes. That growth I dont expect to be sustainable.

I only had one alarm today from QKC - i hit my first green zone - prior resistance and abit under the 38.2 retracement. i didnt buy in because i wouldnt have been able to follow the trade during my work. if we go there again i will be less inclined to take the trade since i expect to have a more extended retrace after the huge run from 420. Next zone would be the 760 area. i will definatley look for a buy there. prior resitance and 50% retracement - i think we will see at least a short term bounce from there.

LLG

2000 AE long 1960 stop loss 2%

at support

Adding 1k of AE at 1995 - stop loss of all 3k moved to 1956

QKC nice bounce after restest of the support area ...but as said i didnt buy there

cuenzy

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 11:20:03 PM

Cool. I'm checking out this thread to see some systems that you put in place and see how they perform. So far so good. I like the simpler the better principle in trading. Hope you got more gains.  Smiley
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:49:19 AM

Probably you missed the bullish time due to your technical trading skills. During that time, technical analysis was not important since a bubble burst is to high to predict and underatand. The trend keeps moving up and suddenly down then a quick up. Imagine a 30mins gap and a 1k$ change, thats unusual and cannot be explain clearly by analysis. Holders are sometime winners without keeping their head busy on graphs and charts everyday. But I didnt say their lucky enough but you are much luckier to have those skills which can be used on a bearish market like now. Anyway nice OP mate. Thanks foe sharing your experience! That was a dope post, love it.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:09:44 AM

long DASH 20  at 0,023614
usually I will only post trades in realtime but i was longing in the middle in the night, the coin didnt move yet and the setup is still valid so iam counting it in Smiley

specualting a break out of the falling wedge.  0,025500 would be a nice target. Stop loss is at 0,023299

will be coming late from work today -so no updates in the next 15h ...

LLG

legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:48:42 AM

It's generally good that you spread the results of trading operations that have been carried out, perhaps it will be useful to someone who is just beginning to study the cryptocurrency market.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:34:59 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:42:45 PM by mprep

Hi all,

I sold my AE at 2000.

The bounce to almost 2100 was nice last night.

Unfortunately at binance there are no  OCO-orders available (one cancels other). Basically it means i can't have stop loss and sell order in place at the same time. So often it happens that i miss a move at night not managing the trade.
Should have moved my stop loss this morning to 2000. It droped to 1970 during the day and i was lucky not to get stopped out.

It's generally good that you spread the results of trading operations that have been carried out, perhaps it will be useful to someone who is just beginning to study the cryptocurrency market.

I could do something like that

LLG

Dash I'm still in - not really exited. Maybe we are making a higher low here and can push through the 23800 region and pick up some momentum coming from the break of the wedge but volume is not high so yeah it just needs one whale to stop me out. a small down dip to catch those stop losses like mine are also not uncommon but i let the position go and see if i will get stopped out. RSI is increasing so we got a little divergence in our favour but not a great setup overall.

Probably you missed the bullish time due to your technical trading skills. During that time, technical analysis was not important since a bubble burst is to high to predict and underatand. The trend keeps moving up and suddenly down then a quick up. Imagine a 30mins gap and a 1k$ change, thats unusual and cannot be explain clearly by analysis. Holders are sometime winners without keeping their head busy on graphs and charts everyday. But I didnt say their lucky enough but you are much luckier to have those skills which can be used on a bearish market like now. Anyway nice OP mate. Thanks foe sharing your experience! That was a dope post, love it.

I missed out 2017 because i thought there were only a handfull of coins and btc bubbling. little did i know - i had no idea that there were 1000's and real infrastructure to trade them convenietly. but it also took me week of research to figure out wehre to buy btc and where to trade..

thx  @cuenzy Smiley

XRP long 7053 - 15600 - very strong

EDIT
update - sold half 7162
 coinbase rumours it seems
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/9qscgp/dfs_approves_coinbase_trust_to_offer_custody/

2nd edit .did add 7500 again at 7257 where it is trading now -stop loss for all at 7219

closed the XRP trade - sold all for 7252

here the trades like told:

really nice candle for xrp - failed at the resistance 73-74 for now once it breaks i guess we will see 78 quickly. would be looking for a re-entry setup, but its late already

trade overview:

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:23:38 PM

Hi all,

Why I'm doing this:
-fun I hope and  I'm hoping for another bull run in btc trying to accumulate as many btc as possible until then

whats my trading style

my background
- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18 starting with 0,29 btc, currently at 2.9 btc - which is my trading capital i will use here. (how could i miss out on 2017 Sad  Huh)

LLG

It is very obvious considering what you have posted that you have some through bred knowledge with which you have been able to acquire I guess, and you actually look like someone who is principled enough to at least excel in the long run.

It is a good one, at least, it can always help you to stay disciplined while keeping track of your achievements along the line, which is something I believe that as you keep doing over time, you are going to be learning from it and as well, helping others to learn from your actions as well. I always like to see new traders taking the learning approach very seriously.
Joshua101101

Activity: 378

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:28:31 PM

This is quite possible, but now the market needs to catch its breath, now there are many small unconfirmed transactions, and with an increase in demand for calculations, miners raise a Commission.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: