Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 08:05:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LastLaughingGuy - day trading diary  (Read 47689 times)
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:35:45 PM

Now just to the topic of bitcoin joined a lot of people who essentially do not understand what it is, but rowing from the herd feeling, thinking that it will grow indefinitely, and will also buy.
ssuchy

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:14:34 PM

Now just to the topic of bitcoin joined a lot of people who essentially do not understand what it is, but rowing from the herd feeling, thinking that it will grow indefinitely, and will also buy.
I think that this is not the fault of these people, namely those who conducted PR cryptocurrency in 2015 and 2016. After all, agree with me that the reality was a very large company for the promotion of cryptocurrency, in particular, Bitcoin. People have been shown the opportunity to earn huge money, and today we see the results of this PR action.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 94
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:43:13 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:43:38 PM by mprep

Dash I'm still in - not really exited. Maybe we are making a higher low here and can push through the 23800 region and pick up some momentum coming from the break of the wedge but volume is not high so yeah it just needs one whale to stop me out. a small down dip to catch those stop losses like mine are also not uncommon but i let the position go and see if i will get stopped out. RSI is increasing so we got a little divergence in our favour but not a great setup overall.

Hi all,

Dash trade is developing. Moved my stop loss to 23799 - slightly into profit and plan to let it go hopefully to 25300-25500 (25600-25900 should be resistance area and is also technically the target zone of the wedge playing out. 25000 can be resistance too. I will put my stop losses below higher lows. If i get stopped out so be it - trade is not in the red which should be our main goal.

LLG

This is quite possible, but now the market needs to catch its breath, now there are many small unconfirmed transactions, and with an increase in demand for calculations, miners raise a Commission.
I think that this is not the fault of these people, namely those who conducted PR cryptocurrency in 2015 and 2016. After all, agree with me that the reality was a very large company for the promotion of cryptocurrency, in particular, Bitcoin. People have been shown the opportunity to earn huge money, and today we see the results of this PR action.

guys i got no clue how this is related to the trading and Joshua - i dont even have a clue what you mean - honestly - sorry maybe you can explain - or is it an analogy? Huh Grin

It is a good one, at least, it can always help you to stay disciplined while keeping track of your achievements along the line, which is something I believe that as you keep doing over time, you are going to be learning from it and as well, helping others to learn from your actions as well. I always like to see new traders taking the learning approach very seriously.

Thank you Smiley

Nano above 32500 very intersting. break of resistance and midterm downtrend

--------------------------------------------
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:19:18 PM

It's generally good that you spread the results of trading operations that have been carried out, perhaps it will be useful to someone who is just beginning to study the cryptocurrency market.
Most of the term it is always a good thing for your own learning purposes and the act of wanting to get disciplined as the case may be. Reading through what the OP has posted mostly, I can see that this is someone who is not just ready to learn, but ready to do things right and in such cases like this, and it helps give room for constructive criticism that will always be of help with certain decisions in the long run.

It is a great step and I wish the OP good luck. Trading generally requires knowledge and a lot of discipline and it seems he has both, so I see someone who will likely excel in this.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 12:53:25 PM

Now IMHO time to wait for movement, and after that to understand what to do. I see quite low volumes on BTC and if BTC will fall it will ruin all markets.

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:46:13 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:44:13 PM by mprep

Hi all,

sorry didnt have time yesterday.

Sold my DASH at 23936 - bought 23614 - developed weaker than expected so i got rid of it instead of hoping it would go up - saving at least 1% profit - not much -but better than losses and it adds up.

and the orders:

QKC long 66,5k at 763- i  bought earlier on the phone when the alarm went of and couldnt post it in real time but since its at 763 this moment I can count it in.

abit fomo buy - i can wait that a bottom forms. the area is prior resistance and 50% retracement area of the last big move from 420 to 1140. stop loss is 745.

It's generally good that you spread the results of trading operations that have been carried out, perhaps it will be useful to someone who is just beginning to study the cryptocurrency market.
Most of the term it is always a good thing for your own learning purposes and the act of wanting to get disciplined as the case may be. Reading through what the OP has posted mostly, I can see that this is someone who is not just ready to learn, but ready to do things right and in such cases like this, and it helps give room for constructive criticism that will always be of help with certain decisions in the long run.

It is a great step and I wish the OP good luck. Trading generally requires knowledge and a lot of discipline and it seems he has both, so I see someone who will likely excel in this.

Thanks Smiley but alot of credit - lets see first how it goes!

Long GVT 250 at 0,0020636

abit risky if we lose 0,00200 it can go to 190 -stop loss 0,0019999

Nano strong - very nice chart - may long if 32k breaks

i also did long ZIL this morning - but could not post it on my phone. Since its not reaching my entry atm i will not count it in. but the setup is decent so i want to post it here

it broke the resistance around 540 and went to 568 - i longed the pullback at 550

the daily looks nice too

long NANO 1566 at 32130

it is really annoying - somehow i cant make it work that the pictures show up directly - only the links.i guess i'm getting to old for this  Huh

rez303

Activity: 338
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:28:30 PM

Your rules will be a good foundation for those who are interested in investing. Newcomers are often embarrassed about financial management and this article will help them better understand this issue. Hopefully you will continue to have daily updates.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:52:36 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:45:24 PM by mprep

Update: bought 100 more at 0,0020650 - Stop loss for all at 0,0020299 now

basically increasing risk and reward - speculating for a double bottom. but with such a tied stop it just needs a strong seller and i will get stopped out. if we turn here, 5% can be possible -so its a 1:3 risk reward ratio for me

Update: bought 100 more at 0,0020650 - Stop loss for all at 0,0020299 now

basically increasing risk and reward - speculating for a double bottom. but with such a tied stop it just needs a strong seller and i will get stopped out. if we turn here, 5% can be possible -so its a 1:3 risk reward ratio for me

Sold 175 GVT at 0,0021590

upmove more agressive than i expected - thats why iam holding 50% for abit longer

Sold 175 GVT (rest) at 0,0022024 wow that was quick - its at 0,00224 while iam typing that ...but Im very happy with the trade

here my GVT orders as posted:

Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:00:41 PM

- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18 starting with 0,29 btc, currently at 2.9 btc -
This is the part that intrigues me. You started with 0.29 btc and it grows up to 2.9 btc? If that is the situation then you are one hell of a good trader bud. I would love to watch your progress here as i want to be like you.  Smiley
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:15:01 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:45:52 PM by mprep

QKC long 66,5k at 763- i  bought earlier on the phone when the alarm went of and couldnt post it in real time but since its at 763 this moment I can count it in.

abit fomo buy - i can wait that a bottom forms. the area is prior resistance and 50% retracement area of the last big move from 420 to 1140. stop loss is 745.

just sold my QKC for 765 - it did look good - went to 782 (my target was around 800) but suddenly agressive selling with the result of dropping 2.5%. maybe fake orders but cant take that risk into the night.

here my orders:

next target to look at for me is actually 640-660 area. its the 61.8 retracement area where i expect longer consolidation and an extended upmove from there

- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18 starting with 0,29 btc, currently at 2.9 btc -
This is the part that intrigues me. You started with 0.29 btc and it grows up to 2.9 btc? If that is the situation then you are one hell of a good trader bud. I would love to watch your progress here as i want to be like you.  Smiley

feel free to drop by here from time to time and ask if something is not clear Smiley

Iam calling it a night.

I'm still in Nano and ZIL (ZIL only as a side note since i could not post my entry in time)

In retrospec i did not like my entry on nano at 0.0003213. Too much fomo - should have waited for consolidation. The reason why iam not selling here despite of being down 1.5% is the fact that the scenario of broken trendline is still intact and even here i could find an entry. doesnt make much sense to sell at a point where i normaly would like to buy.

so iam still consideruing the green scenarios for likely - red one would be a not so nice 4% loss.

here my trade overview so far:

CU tomorrow

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:38:36 PM

it is really annoying - somehow i cant make it work that the pictures show up directly - only the links.i guess i'm getting to old for this  Huh

Newbie cannot post images. Read more here. About the topic, I liked your initiative. It's always good to see people with the courage to demonstrate what they're doing. but it would be interesting if you could comment a little more on your decisions.

And mostly avoid putting that made such a decision, but forgot to post. The cool of topics like this is when it actually occurs in real time. It would be interesting to put links explaining more the instruments that you use. It would attract more people and help them understand better.

I'll quote some of your images so people could see on the topic.

Hi all,

sorry didnt have time yesterday.

Sold my DASH at 23936 - bought 23614 - developed weaker than expected so i got rid of it instead of hoping it would go up - saving at least 1% profit - not much -but better than losses and it adds up.

and the orders:

QKC long 66,5k at 763- i  bought earlier on the phone when the alarm went of and couldnt post it in real time but since its at 763 this moment I can count it in.

Nano strong - very nice chart - may long if 32k breaks

i also did long ZIL this morning - but could not post it on my phone. Since its not reaching my entry atm i will not count it in. but the setup is decent so i want to post it here

it broke the resistance around 540 and went to 568 - i longed the pullback at 550

the daily looks nice too

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:13:15 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:46:16 PM by mprep

it is really annoying - somehow i cant make it work that the pictures show up directly - only the links.i guess i'm getting to old for this  Huh

Newbie cannot post images. Read more here.

About the topic, I liked your initiative. It's always good to see people with the courage to demonstrate what they're doing. but it would be interesting if you could comment a little more on your decisions.

And mostly avoid putting that made such a decision, but forgot to post. The cool of topics like this is when it actually occurs in real time. It would be interesting to put links explaining more the instruments that you use. It would attract more people and help them understand better.

Hi vit,
- Newbie cannot post images.
=> thank you! i guess i ll buy a membership then.

- And mostly avoid putting that made such a decision, but forgot to post. The cool of topics like this is when it actually occurs in real time.

=> infact all trades which are shown in my overview are posted in real time (at least the entry). one exception was the QKC trade yesterday but as stated, i did add it into my list since the price was - while posting it here- exactly at my entry price. I don't forget to post trades. This transparency is infact very important for me since it is the purpose of this diary to post the trades in realtime forcing myself to not just jump into trades. (I'm annoyed myself by 90% of the post which are like "wow look at XXX-[Suspicious link removed]d that i bought yesterday -iam up already 25%).
Posting all my exits in realtime will be impossible though. I'm working full time having a 50-60h week. i do trade on my phone meanwhile and e.g. if BTC crahses i may sell from one moment to another all my positions. But for any finished trade I'm also showing my binance trading history to proof that the exit was not just picking the high in retrospec.

-It would be interesting to put links explaining more the instruments that you use
[/b]
=> i actually checked what you mean and have to admit i may be not explaining enough. basically it is because for me it's all clear if i post a chart with some lines which already tell the whole story. or when i say "nano strong" for me it means increased volume and buy pressure   but it may not much sense for others.  so - yes - thank you for the hint, i will work on that!

LLG

adding 1444 NANO at 0,003244 to my position

Iam calling it a night.

I'm still in Nano and ZIL (ZIL only as a side note since i could not post my entry in time)

In retrospec i did not like my entry on nano at 0.0003213. Too much fomo - should have waited for consolidation. The reason why iam not selling here despite of being down 1.5% is the fact that the scenario of broken trendline is still intact and even here i could find an entry. doesnt make much sense to sell at a point where i normaly would like to buy.

so iam still consideruing the green scenarios for likely - red one would be a not so nice 4% loss.

here my trade overview so far:

CU tomorrow

thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:21:09 AM

Hi all,

I would like to start to post my altcoin trades here, being as transparent as possible.

Why I'm doing this:
-forcing myself to trade disciplined - I just can't paper trade and will post entries and exits shortly after execution.
-planning trades more detailed - I will try to post charts I'm watching reasoning my entries & Exits, preventing to jump into trades (I'm an "overtrader")
-overall improvement due to adjustment within this thread after results/ feedback
-fun I hope and  I'm hoping for another bull run in btc trying to accumulate as many btc as possible until then

whats my trading style
- I'm a scalp and swing trader. not at all a hodler. For me 95%+ of the coins are shit coins and doomed and i treat all coins like that -except btc. I don't care about fundamentals which makes my trading technical.
- I use trendlines, support, resistance, price action, sometimes RSI and MACD histogramm, no fancy indicators - keeping it as simple as possible.
- I always have a stop loss! While trading I will execute manually. I willl never sleep in a coin without a stop loss in the system (reason see above)
- I try to cut losses usually at less than 2%. 5% if position size is small. More than 10% means i screwed up somewhere.
- I try to avoid coins with less than 200 btc daily volume or use very small position size
- orderbook may sometimes have relevance
- i trade in binance and bitmex (but bitmex tilts me)

my background
- 40y old german family father with 2 kids
- I was a full time day trader in the stockmarket from 2006-2009
- part time trading crypto since end of Jan'18 starting with 0,29 btc, currently at 2.9 btc - which is my trading capital i will use here. (how could i miss out on 2017 Sad  Huh)

That's it for now - let's see how it goes....and never forget: nothing in this thread here is financial advise

LLG

I admired the experienced you have in trading industry, its good to know that before you got here in this business you had an advantage to do trading in bitcoin or crypto. I could say you are one of the good traders in this industry. You have a good mindset either being a trader too. You're sole aim was impressive, I wonder what did you do to multiply it by 10 your capital, I was thinking that you applied day trade, bearish and bullish but not sure about it. Probably, you are good good to be watch while you're taking your journey in this crypto/bitcoin trading business.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:47:28 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:46:36 PM by mprep

Reasoing:
-break of the midterm downtrend after toucheing it several times (red arrows)
-break of the 0,003200 resistance zone. Red zone was resistance (red circles) than support (green circles) and became reisstance again after a sharp sell off (red circle).
-the RSI is abit high at the moment so a pullback is likely ( green line). Usually a pullback tests the prior resistance which then became support

and here the reasoing for the addon:

I admired the experienced you have in trading industry, its good to know that before you got here in this business you had an advantage to do trading in bitcoin or crypto. I could say you are one of the good traders in this industry. You have a good mindset either being a trader too. You're sole aim was impressive, I wonder what did you do to multiply it by 10 your capital, I was thinking that you applied day trade, bearish and bullish but not sure about it. Probably, you are good good to be watch while you're taking your journey in this crypto/bitcoin trading business.

i did some short selling on bitmex. but overall i sent 0.3 btc to bitmex which is right now at 0,21 btc. I keep it there to maybe short btc when we break 5800 so i dont have to go into tether on my binance account.
more than 95% of the profits came from long trades like I'm posting here.

long 200 GVT at 0,0019345

Reasoning:
-around 30% drop from its high
-trendline as support at around 0,00189  i would add there some more
- horizontal support area (dark green) prior resistance

i think the setup is good. iam willing to add some more and also risk some more since i want to use this opportunity.

PS: iam copper member - so enjoy the pics yeah Smiley

Nano trade very unpleasant

explanation on the chart

long 200 GVT at 0,0019345

Reasoning:
-around 30% drop from its high
-trendline as support at around 0,00189  i would add there some more
- horizontal support area (dark green) prior resistance

i think the setup is good. iam willing to add some more and also risk some more since i want to use this opportunity.

PS: iam copper member - so enjoy the pics yeah Smiley

https://www.tradingview.com/x/9yvGWMBk/

adding 200 GVT 0,00198 stop loss for all now 0,0019299

long 10000 GNT at 2691

(since it is a coin with only 100btc daily volume my position size is only 0.26 btc)

Stop loss 2649
Reasoning:

-speculation that it finds support at the trendline (blue ) and the horizontal support (green)
-RSI on the 1h chart below 30
-next candle could be a hammer

sold 400 GVT at 0,0019247

the add on at 198 was a mistake. it made me raise my stop bcs i didnt want to risk so much. iam looking for a reentry though. waiting for a dip below 190 now.

here my executed orders:

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:40:07 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2018, 08:51:30 PM by Victorycoin

Quite impressive, I must say and going through your posts, one can see how the journey to BTC2.9 was made possible from BTC0.29, keep it up! I relish the part, where you nonetheless create time for family. That's exactly how it should be, when we make all the money without family to share it with, then are we really poor.

I want to know though why except for Dash, you seem not to be interested in the more established coins, which obvious should have more liquidity?

Here's what my take in the above trade formation would look like - coming from a Head n Shoulders formation.

Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:42:29 PM

How do you set your stop loss? Is it the percentage of the price or just a gut feeling?
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:54:14 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:50:07 PM by mprep

Quite impressive, I must say and going through your posts, one can see how the journey to BTC3 was made possible from BTC0.26, keep it up! I relish the part, where you nonetheless create time for family. That's exactly how it should be, when we make all the money without family to share it with, then are we really poor.

I want to know though why except for Dash, you seem not to be interested in the more established coins, which obvious should have more liquidity?

Here's what my take in the above trade formation would look like - coming from a Head n Shoulders formation.

The opposite actually - the more daily volume the better. i actually hate the coins which trade below 500 btc/day. but days are tough atm. low volume - would be also fine to take 2 weeks off i guess - but since i love trading and want to post something i take the best setups i can find. maybe i miss some good one in the more known coins.

to your chart:

i think GVT saw his high for a while and a big head an shoulders formation may form but yeah iam exactly now looking for the correction of the recent downmove from 270 to 183 ....i actually may go long shortly

long 200 GVT at 18325 i will add if we go deeper to 178-180

100 more at 18051

100 more at 18051

]https://www.tradingview.com/x/NfadWhzc/
[/url]

100 more at 176000 pretty much panic at the moment.

How do you set your stop loss? Is it the percentage of the price or just a gut feeling?

there are several ways i use actually.
First the most important one i use in "survival mode". It happens when markets are very tough and i have a losing streak.
then i risk 0.5% of my account per trade and take it as fixed stop loss (if account gets to big you can also take a fixed btc ammount). So actually the size of my position determines the stop loss. If i want to have a wider stop loss in that case i need to lower my position size.

I prefer to place stop losses under support. if iam managing the trade and will adjust the stop loss i prefer to put them under the last local low. YES - often stops do get hunt - but thats part of the game. you accept that or you get very greedy with your entries and actually look for entries at those areas.

the nano chart i posted earlier today is an example which shows where iam putting my stop loss.

PHX is cryptoinsanity at the moment - went to 1k satoshi and got dumped to 500 instantly. ppl lost 50% in a second...

here the 1 minute chart:

long 10000 GNT at 2691

(since it is a coin with only 100btc daily volume my position size is only 0.26 btc)

Stop loss 2649
Reasoning:

-speculation that it finds support at the trendline (blue ) and the horizontal support (green)
-RSI on the 1h chart below 30
-next candle could be a hammer
https://www.tradingview.com/x/qoyVnBAf/

Stop loss sold 10000 GNT with average 2638.
overall market very weak now - maybe could have save 1-2% by just selling it after it didnt move up above 2700

here the trades like posted:

Reasoing:
-break of the midterm downtrend after toucheing it several times (red arrows)
-break of the 0,003200 resistance zone. Red zone was resistance (red circles) than support (green circles) and became reisstance again after a sharp sell off (red circle).
-the RSI is abit high at the moment so a pullback is likely ( green line). Usually a pullback tests the prior resistance which then became support

sold all  3010 Nano at 3059 (stop loss)
worst trade of the week. like mentioned before mistake was to add on and not reducing position after it was clear that we would fail again above 33. So i took all the ride down. The problem with pullbacks to the trendline in those situations is that the stop loss area is going lower the longer the pullback last.  very unhappy with my trade here.

here the orders like posted

Hi all,

i hope you guys have a nice sunday - i didnt trade the day since its the day i have the most time to spend with my kids.

my only position i have still is GVT. it bounced nicely after i went to bed (as usual Smiley ) and missed a very good exit. but it acutally looks quite stable now and its not unreasonable that we see 210 or even 220. Rest is in the chart.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:55:51 PM

Hi all,

i hope you guys have a nice sunday - i didnt trade the day since its the day i have the most time to spend with my kids.

my only position i have still is GVT. it bounced nicely after i went to bed (as usual Smiley ) and missed a very good exit. but it acutally looks quite stable now and its not unreasonable that we see 210 or even 220. Rest is in the chart.

Looks to me you do not give much attention to your RSI, else the subsequent long positions you took should have waited until market is oversold as above and that might mean, you also missed good and less risky entry point.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:42:23 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:51:24 PM by mprep

Hi all,

sold 400 GVT average 0,0018595
disappointing - on top of that due to the weakness of btc i could not sell around 190 which was my latest stop loss region.

here my orders like posted:

Hi all,

https://www.tradingview.com/x/QgZuvIMt/
Looks to me you do not give much attention to your RSI, else the subsequent long positions you took should have waited until market is oversold as above and that might mean, you also missed good and less risky entry point.

Hi,

i actually disagree Smiley

Entries were around an RSI of 21-22 in the 1h chart. even in my prior trade where i entered at 192 the RSI was below 30 which is basically were you enter oversold territory.
In retrospec its easy to say i could have entered lower. I would too if someone would tell me earlier that this evening the 4h RSI hit a low we saw last time 13th of August.

LLG

BTC interesting now. They dont buy it up immidiatly. i guess we will go down to the green zone. we clearly left the range of the last 13 days. Iam very careful now with longing coins.

Here my trades liike posted since start of the diary - pretty much non-event Smiley.

all fine for me -except the nano trade which was poorly traded.

horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:00:52 PM

Hi all,

i think from the chart, it will reach the end of the triangle, where after that there will usually be a breakout signal. and there are still 2 possibilities, namely breakout up or down. therefore prepare some strategies to anticipate them

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: