Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:17:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LastLaughingGuy - day trading diary  (Read 47689 times)
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 94
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:56:10 PM

Well good to see that you're making it through trading. A lot of people are finding it difficult to achieve anything by trading cryptocurrency. This is a difficult thing to do and you will have a lot of work to do and also try to follow trends as well. And anyone who is trading without using the stop loss is definitely waiting to lose everything they have. Stop loss is just a savior but you will have to know how to make use of it as well. Cause there are times you can set stop loss and not be there to put back the trade in the right direction. So knowing all these are very important. Good luck.

Thank you !! and i find the current market tought to be honest. but staying in the game means also that you will be here when there is money printing time. that is all what matters!

Is it true that OOOBTC's first IEO will be MPCX?

Grin mooon  Roll Eyes Huh Huh

--------------------------------------------
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 08:34:41 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2019, 08:58:13 AM by LastLaughingGuy

Weekly overview - CW25

Wrap up CW24

Hey all - finished the week with a loss of 0,127 btc.

not much to say. didnt trade much during the week but had on thursday 3 swing position with relatively wide stops (ADA, NANO and ATOM). Nano was already  nicely in profit (chart down below). But then the binance news did hit the market that they will exclude us costumers from trading which resulted in all 3 stops triggering leading to a 0,09 BTC loss. nothing i was able to do against since i was at work while the news came out. Didnt trade the following 48h since i expected the high pressure in the alt market and wanted to let things settle. however i expect that we will see sell pressure for many weeks especially in the coins which have binance as their more or less only exchange.

trades cw24

overview progress:

winning trade of the week:
none..

losing trade of the week:
Nano - i didnt have such a big loss ..but lost gains i had in the trade. NANO just had such a nice break out with the prices first time above the 4h 100MA and actually retesting it. i took that as my entry setup and i was up 5-6 % rather quick. but price development afterwards shows how important a Stop loss is.

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:24:55 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2019, 06:58:13 PM by LastLaughingGuy

Weekly overview - CW26

Wrap up CW25

Hey all - finished the week with a gain of 0,147 btc..

During the week i had no time to trade. After the binance news that in 3 months US customers wont be allowed to trade on binance it was clear that the alts with binance as their major exchange will drop a lot (e.g. Nano). so i made i my rule just to scalp or play the majors which shouldnt be affected. on top of that bitcoin is super strong and puts additional pressure on the alts. however-eventhough i didn't have much time i decided to swing trade during the week Neo, WTC, Link, Atom ...all losing trades and i actually wanted to scalp only. Deserved losses - but also small losses since i at least had tight stops.
Yesterday i had the whole day to trade and was able to turn the week arounf from -0,06 BTC to +0,15 BTC. super happy about it.

trades cw25

overview progress:

leaving those this week. basically cought nice alt bounces yesterday - not like really amazing setups. neither did i make a very bad trade - all standard.

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:42:03 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2019, 06:58:05 PM by LastLaughingGuy

Weekly overview - CW27

Wrap up CW26

Hey all - finished the week with a gain of 0,467 btc..

Awesome week!! After a long period of more or less sideways I feel like trading very well. Best trade was the BTC short from 13800 (details in the links below) but also afterwards i was just trading BTC and didnt have a single losing trade.

overview trades:

overview progress:

The month June finished with a gain of 0,443 BTC and looks awesome too after such a week obviously.
trades:

overall progress

basically the short from 13800 in BTC was pre-planned and i was willing to risk money on the trade - posted everything on twitter in real time.
in hindsight the entry at 12700 with my first position premature but i shorted last time with a big position at 5k on eastern and lost a big pot. so i waited all the way to try another time and felt like targeting the 61.8 FIB level of the drop from 20k to 3.2k was a very good short play - so i didn't want to miss it out after weeks of waiting. at the and the 13800 gave a very nice entry and i comfortably doubled my position there.
entry
https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1143781457887997952
exit
https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1144005217769463809

no interesting losing trade Smiley

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 08:18:54 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2019, 06:57:55 PM by LastLaughingGuy

Weekly overview - CW28

Wrap up CW27

Hey all - finished the week with a gain of 0,169 btc..

The week was good. After i had two bad trades in the beginning (marked in red) which resulted in a loss of 0,055 BTC i slowed down and did reset my mindset. i was more or less in the state to try to make another great week and did choose mediocre setups with too much size. on top of that i re-entered immidiatly after getting stopped out. But i realized that and gave myself a little timeout. The rest of the week went more or less perfect. mostly playing Bitcoin since Alts are just very tough to trade right now.  

overview trades:

overview progress:

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1147134751045763072

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1145723130197041153

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:42:31 PM

Join me on to see real time entries and exits

Weekly overview - CW29

Wrap up CW28

Hey all - finished the week with a gain of 0,114 btc..

Currently not trading many alts and focussing on BTC. iam happy with how the week went since my time was also very limited. cought a nice short today which brought the week above 0.1 BTC.

overview trades:

overview progress:

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1149983693454417920

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1149013530462556167

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 09:21:47 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2019, 10:41:17 PM by LastLaughingGuy

Weekly overview - CW30

Wrap up CW29

Hey all - although i only had time until Thursday, i was able to finish the week with a gain of 0,239 btc..

Gains came mainly from BTC trades but i was also lucky catching a NANO long on the day where Nano had a 40% spike up. But one day later i also took my biggest loss of the week with Nano where it dropped hugely during the massiv BTC pump. I had a stop loss timer again which means it got triggered only if the prices are below trigger price for more than 2 minutes. Under those market conditions it was not beneficial at all. But nevertheless no reason to be upset. I spend the weekend with my kids and look forward for the next week. currently having holidays and more time than usual. Next week i will also only be able to trade till friday since after that i will leave with my kids for a one week fishing trip Smiley. So i will post the monthly update next friday.

and one more thing:

.....While going down even more i think 3k is an area where i would even like to invest longterm .....a

this week i finally bought in for my long term hodl BTC. i bought 3 BTC at an average of around 9.4k.

My plan was to buy in at around 3k but i missed it by 10% (i didnt have all the fiat that time so it made infact a difference to me if i would buy in at 3500 or 2850 which was my entry target. So i missed out on that and was since then waiting for a 30-40% retracement which happened finally and made me buy in 300% higher than initially planned. But i already digested that desaster and do look forward.
around one third of the position i cought at around 9150 which was more or less the low (for now) so pretty happy about it. But iam also content if we go to 8.5k or maybe even 7.5k (dropping below 6k would suck though). Due to tax reason i plan to hold the 3 BTCs for at least one year.

back to this week:

overview trades:

overview progress:

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1151563859595079680
https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1151430964469555201

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1151835785794084864

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:40:49 PM

Weekly overview - CW32

Wrap up July

Hey all - early wrap up this week since i'll be on holidays with my kids. 1 week fishing trip for a little internet detox -really looking forward to it. TBH i also need the time off the PC and trading. i dont think i had a week without trading since last October when i started here. Also this week i only had 1 trade, so i use this here to wrap up the month before being back 3rd of August. (Means i will also skip the wrap up next sunday (4th of August).

I was able to finish the month July with a gain of 0,548 BTC

Obviously very happy about it. Trading like 50% BTC since Alt-trading is no fun currently and the Alts i did trade didnt really net a big profit.
Trading diary is at ATH after 10 months - time flies!

overview trades:

overview progress:

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1154506754337599488

not a single losing trade this week Wink

katerina5643

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 01:44:17 PM

I found this analysis https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/Ur1qmQ4Z-RESISTANCE-Trading-strategy-on-resistance-and-support/  They suggest  "If the price falls close to the support from $9,400 - $9,300 BUY at $9,300 and SELL at $9,650" what you guys think?
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 07:41:10 PM

Weekly overview - CW33

Wrap up CW 32

Hey all,

I finished the week with a loss of 0,031 BTC

overall i did not trade much due to holiday and alts being under constant pressure. 5 /6 trades were BTC.

I also decided to trade way less in the next coming weeks. i guess it will be until mid of september. Two reason for that:

I got tons of other things to do (work, tax declaration -puuukkke), both my kids are changing schools next week and so on and so forth.
Main reason though is that since two months i got so bad neck pain that i start to have constant headache. despite of sleeping,  90% of my time i spent on the pc at work, in the car or on the PC trading. i need to dedicate more time to sleep and sports, unfortunately i have to take that time from the the thing i like most Smiley.
currently I'm in that bad shape that i'm too tired  to start being more active. in order to break that vicious cycle i need to cut trading time for now.

So - no - i'm not quitting - i will still trade BTC if major chance coming up, and i want to be back fully dedicated asap.

LLG

overview trades:

overview progress:

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 07:50:50 PM

Monthly overview August

Hey all,

I finished the month with a loss of 0,176 BTC

as said I took some time off but want to use the end of the month to slowly get things starting again. last trade was on the 15th of August which was a long in BTC and resulted in a 0,15 BTC loss.

Kids entering new schools went fine, also being way more active and neck is better - however I still need to cut down on pc time to not overdo it.  

I decided to post only monthly up dates from now on since it is time consuming to to it weekly - but I don't want to give up on the thread since it is not my style Smiley.
Next month it is already one year ago that i started here and i plan to grind the next year as well ofcourse!

overview trades:

overview progress:

winning trade of the month:

nothing to see here

losing trade of the month:
the long middle of August - really went bad. but i liked the setup - just way overdid it with my position size!! BAD

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1161696230583472128

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 09:37:46 PM

Monthly overview September

Hey all,

I finished the month with a gain of 0,025 BTC

Can't win many trades currently so i risk litte until my winrate improves.
On 28th October it will be 1 year here with my diary. maybe i conclude it with some stats.

overview trades:

overview progress:

also started to journal my trades in a new , more precise way for reviewing and improving, maybe some of you can use some of the ideas i have which i find useful for documentation.

when i post trades, i also use those templates now - should make it easier in the future to post good winners / losers.

as said before, i will keep it here brief since i do post mainly on twitter, but also dont want to let the thread die.

nothing exiting since months...

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:04:46 PM

Monthly overview October and wrap up of the last 12 months of the journal

Hey all,

wrap up October and the last 12 month - yes ..i started 28th of October 2018 here - time really flies...

I finished the month with a loss of 0,01 BTC

since starting here i posted 640 trades (here or on twitter) in real time

winning trades: 280 (44%) - average gain: 0.0279 BTC
losing trades: 360 (56% - average loss: 0,0152 BTC

top 10 winner are in sum higher than the top 10 losers so risk/money management is in check

winrate... would be nice if i can increase that.

overview trades October:

overview progress:

a nice BNB trade:

basically a BTC short in the beginning of the 3000 $ move rekt me big time. Entry 7690 exit 8k with decent size - really ugly - a 0.09 BTC loss.

wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:12:39 PM

Very good refrence for any new traders that want to start day trading.
Your signals is clear and explain the charts, i've seen your twitter and you deserve mo follower. And your portofolio is amazing with those winning trades.
I hope you're not hiding any losses from your follower so your follower can really learn and see the experience of daytrading
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 11:53:13 AM

Very good refrence for any new traders that want to start day trading.
Your signals is clear and explain the charts, i've seen your twitter and you deserve mo follower. And your portofolio is amazing with those winning trades.
I hope you're not hiding any losses from your follower so your follower can really learn and see the experience of daytrading

Hi and thank you!

all entries/exits are posted in real time and at the end of the trade i post trading logs everytime. nothing to hide there - you will see all lucky shots + major fuck ups.

BUT:
I do make more trades. i do scalp trading shitcoins trying different strategies, i try t to catch wicks with really low buy order  /high sell orders and  I play with indicators which i try on real trades. It would be impossible to post all that and i like to experiment.

One goal of the journal (for myself) is to compare the "solid" gameplan with the rest iam doing. The main goal of the journal though is still to prevent overtrading and keeping the good risk- moneymanagement.
I dont want to sell anything and iam fine with my follower base too - if i would fake anything i would be lying to myself.

for example 1 month ago i had the best trade of the year. made 0.3 $BTC in 15 min but didnt include it here because i dont count those hindsight trades. it was a lucky wick i caught with a very high sell order - not comparable to the swing trades i try to post in the journal.

here is the trade on twitter (i did post that one (with few days delay) bcs i was geniunely happy to be on the lucky side this time- usually i dont mention those):

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1178780474157731841

LLG

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 06:50:03 PM

Monthly overview November

Hey all,

just a very brief wrap up for November.

i have currently barely time to trade. i got rekt in a BTC long at 8100 - stopped out 7650 for a loss of 0,1 BTC (my max. loss limit for a single trade)
after that i was sitting on my hands but also bcs of not having time. But it does not feel like I'm missing much.

major disappointment for me that BTC pumped 3500$ and retraced 120% of that move. reminds of of a random shitcoin PnD ...did not excpect that at all, which was the reason for my confident long around 8k.

finished November with a loss of 0.16 BTC

4 Month in a row where i couldnt book a profit..feels bad man Smiley but its a grind ...

overview trades November

overview progress:

nothing interesting here

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 12:30:17 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2020, 06:13:52 PM by LastLaughingGuy

Monthly overview December

Hey all,

recap for December.

Did not trade much at all. Got to admit i got burned out abit latey since workload was just insane and trades didnt work well too.

finished DEcember with a gain of 0.084 BTC

at least a profit after 4 losing months - basically bcs of 2 nice shorts (ATOM and XTZ). Switched to higher timeframes, since i was able with less time to browse through charts and not to get chopped up intraday.

Trades:

overview progress:

https://twitter.com/guy_laughing/status/1210882373493149696

no big loser

LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 29, 2020, 10:12:47 PM

Hey all,

just wanted to post my monthly wrap up and realized somehow i missed January completely.

since there was like no question for an update i assume that here does not attract a lot of interest.
Since i do post everything on twitter, i dont need the thread here to keep my trading discipline in check but  i kept doing updates  since I'm not really the guy who quits Smiley.

However it takes some effort to create the posts and so i guess i will stop from now on here. IF you are interested just follow me on twitter (or not... Grin).

Cyaaaa
LLG

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: