Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who controls the market?  (Read 1298 times)
juragankambing (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:46:18 AM

Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:52:51 AM

In the cryptocurrency market of current on paper, decentralized in fact, almost everything is centralized. And large exchanges or people with big money manage it and speculate on cryptocurrency prices. They also manipulate the minds of shallower traders. I hope after the approval of etf it will change for the better.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:48:02 AM

the "crypto market" is not 1 thing that you can control. this market consists of nearly 2000 different cryptocurrencies and each of them are different.

for instance we have big altcoins with big markets that are centralized and have a big company (aka foundation) behind them with million of dollars at their disposal controlling the market. coins like XRP and ETH comes to mind.

then we have smaller altcoins that have lower volumes and emptier order books which are controlled mostly by different pumping teams and pumping whales.

and finally we have on rare occasions, some good coins that are controlled by the market itself where the demand for the technology they have changes the price. the best example is bitcoin.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:18:15 AM

Well, almost everything is still centralized... internet access, electricity, etc are all centralized, and a lot of crypto projects are centralized...
If we look at the global picture, the crypto-market is young, and has relative low cap in comparison with the world financial markets, so it is natural that a few whales can influence prices, especially on low volume/cap coins... hopefully, this will become diluted with mass adoption and raising crypto-cap, nevertheless, there is also the danger that, when this happens, some of these guys are holding a large portion of limited supply coins and can effectivily control them.
P&D groups, scammers, etc also control a few shitcoins, but this is negligible as these guys will eventually dissapear when people start thinking about what they are doing...

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:54:01 AM

I think there is always interference from dev at every moment of Openmartket Crypt. For example when SCC is open market in Indodax, I don't know why when SCC is down, the wihtdrawal function on the Mercatox is turned off and re-functioning after the SCC goes up,

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:41:07 PM

whales can do huge affect to the market. they have thousands of BTC .so if they can create a group and dump at certain points and at negative news then they can get some control of the market. anyway i dont like that. no one should control the market. then its good for investors

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Bokile

Activity: 322
Merit: 36

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 12:46:38 PM

I don't think anyone control the market currently, but I'm afraid that large corporations will control the most important coins in the future. People will not be aware, but big players will takeover the control.
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:48:23 PM

I think this is really very hard to say who control the market.. I don't think so anyone can control the market. But yes I can say who can effect the market so this could be happen. Some big investors, blockchain enthusiasts, and important people who well known in the cryptocurrency market could effect the market through their statement or investments. Because many people are following them and if they make any bad statements it could be effect on the market too. But it's a decentralized technology so in the future I don't think this could be also effective because then it's become a open market and only we means people are control them.
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:00:09 PM

There are a lot of people that are controlling the market. People, that bought BTC, 10 years ago for 1000 USD, are controlling the market right now. But nobody will say you, who these people are. Just know, that something is happening and somebody is earning millions USD right now during the drop  Grin
Gembul0705

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:17:55 PM

It should be that regulate the price is supply and demand but the act is big comunity whale can manipulated the price of crypto. We with small amount of money can not doing anything unless we have big comunity that have one thought when buy everyone also buy maybe it can make change price little. Until there are still no regulation we can not doing anything about some people or gruop that have power to manipulated
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:19:53 PM

The right questions that today all the same give rise to the right thoughts, which in the end can lead to a superficial understanding of the situation, I think that on the whole it would probably be correct, so that people understand that the market is already governed today and that is a fact.
deppil90

Activity: 434
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:20:58 PM

in the crypto market requires a very good analysis, because crypto prices are very affected by negative news, I prefer a safe position by holding the market for a long time
MrGGates

Activity: 169
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:22:17 PM

Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

I think the market is very large like his bitmex which holds great control over bitcoin, because it has the largest amount of bitcoin.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:22:42 PM

Exchanges, mainly centralized exchanges.
And I think that one of the worst cenhtralized exchange is Bitfinex with their stable coin - Tether. There is a high chance that they manipulate the market with USDT.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:24:24 PM

I don't think anyone control the market currently, but I'm afraid that large corporations will control the most important coins in the future. People will not be aware, but big players will takeover the control.

I don't know if they will get it but I'm sure they are trying, using media to spread FUD according their interest. At the end, it will depend on people, they will have to choose between holding their coins and, therefore, their power, or give it away to those big players.
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:55:10 PM

i would not say that anyone is controlling the market through buy or sell particular coin
there are, as everywhere, influences from whales, that have large amount of coins, so if they want to go out, it will disrupt the market, but that will happen in every market, not just crypto, that does not mean controlling
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:08:40 PM

Anyone can not control the market, because of market go on demand and supply. Investor and trader can control the market, but if they are low quality or small trader/investor; so they can not control market. But 20-30 big investor or trader can up or down market by buying/selling altcoin.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:11:48 PM

Of course, I’m not sure about this, but I think that all price movements in the world of cryptocurrency are controlled by people with a lot of bitcoins. It is easiest for them to regulate prices by placing glasses on a barge, thereby manipulating the market. But I also think that demand also affects exchange rates. After the collapse of the BTC rate this year, demand has plummeted.
gorkem

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:27:09 PM

I think that the control is divided by 30 / 70.30% - ordinary users and cryptocurrency holders control and influence the market, the remaining 70% are large whales with large sums in their wallets.Ultimately, the people themselves influence the market.
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

The only weak point i have found in current crypto market trading is that it can be manipulated by big investors also called as whales but personally im hopeful that as the market matures and volume grows in trillions then even these big investors will have almost no effect on market.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: