Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: first term "HODL"  (Read 1058 times)
Elexsis

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

this is interesting, because everyone will often make this decision. traders, investors, or speculators.

the term "HODL" appeared in 2013, and came from a GameKyubi post in this forum. with the big theme "I AM HODLING"

he posted the theme because bitcoin dropped to $ 600 from $1300.

and today, investors prefer hodl. but, what is the decision for traders today? or many investors are turning into traders?

Probably the thing will happen again in the near future. We just have to wait and see it for ourselves without making any conclusions for now.
There's a fact that our conclusions could end up into two possible things which is good or it could be more worst from what you have expected.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
$anounimus$

Activity: 1736
Merit: 294

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:06:59 AM

actually to hold it is not from 2013, unnoticed some traders who still have assets when the price of bitcoin in 2009 where the price of bitcoin is very cheap and when the price of bitcoin can reach the price of $ 20k it also includes holding assets they have, they are aware that bitcoin will become very expensive and prefer to survive.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jadyn Arroyo

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:10:03 AM

The term HODL meant to hold which is a slang that came was made back in 2013. Usually nowadays people want to make a quick profit from investments and can't really be considered as hodlers but at the same time there are long term investors who wouldn't sell even if the sell price hits 50k. The short term investors usually sell it off on a minor pump while investors who trade long term who mostly invest with larger capital to maximize profit for the long run so for this reason it differs from one another.
Ted DiBiase

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:59:46 AM

I think it mainly depend on terms of investment. Every investors has their own strategy. Traders are continuously active in the market and it is important to remember for them not to panic in unstable situations.
ixtreme1gaming

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:05:05 PM

Miners and whales are making a ton of money on leverage trading. They are manipulating the market, stealing some poor guys money.

V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:11:08 PM

Miners and whales are making a ton of money on leverage trading. They are manipulating the market, stealing some poor guys money.

I think some whales losses too. Depending on how they play. We cannot really say they are stealing poor guys money here. Those poor people are supposed to be smart and equipped with trading skills if they want to survive the market. This is not a walk in the park thing.
Connor Guzman

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:15:18 PM

The main rule is not to be a panic seller I guess. There are investors with a life long investment and wouldn't even sell if the price hits 50k USD. Traders aren't much of hodlers and they're in  for the short term profits.
mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 12:55:18 PM

this is interesting, because everyone will often make this decision. traders, investors, or speculators.

the term "HODL" appeared in 2013, and came from a GameKyubi post in this forum. with the big theme "I AM HODLING"

and today, investors prefer hodl. but, what is the decision for traders today? or many investors are turning into traders?

now hold
I think this is the right decision
I can not sell in to these prices

Waiting for the price to improve.
Anish02

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:12:28 PM

This is the link for that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0

Yes. Hodlers and traders are two different things.

Hodlers tend to do nothing and are only waiting for the right time to sell. While traders, they are the ones that are actively trading regardless of the market condition, they will continue to trade, in dip or in bulls. No stats with this but majority now would choose to hold.
Yes, I completely agree with your opinion on this topic. Those who hodl the coins are just waiting for the time until the price of the coin will increase. And traders don't think about the market situation, they do consistently trading the coins as per the daily basis.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:52:30 AM

The term 'hodl' is widely accepted and appreciated by all stakeholders in the world of cryptocurrencies.  I think  most traders and investors usually hodl no matter what happens on the crypto market in order to prevent panic trading.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:32:41 PM

Investors prefer holding because they have to wait for future time which may be near or far in order to realize profit from their investments. Meanwhile, the traders can make profit whether the price is up or down. So anyone may want to opt for trading if you have the knowledge.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:12:20 AM

I think that the main rule is not to be a panicseller. If the price of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency increased, this does not mean that you need to go around. Hodl is more likely about panic situations in the market.
Once you do holding the first thing that you need to avoid is become panic seller. Many people become panic seller once they see the price of a token is going down and you must know that panic selling is not good idea for a hodler.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:10:06 AM

There is no general consensus or agreement as to which is the right path to take while investing/trading,it all has to do with which is convenient for you and likely to yield you profits after you must have studied the marketcap and make your own speculations/predictions

There are investors with a life long investment and wouldn't even sell if the price hits 50kUSD, there are also some who are waiting for a minor pump to sell off, decisions vary so does investments(capital)

Traders aren't much of hodlers and they are in for the short term profits, while investors trade long term (mostly invest with larger capital than the normal trader)and maximize larger profits

That's right. Many people just hold onto their assets or coins since it's the best way to save your investment from being hit by a definite loss. It's like you're just waiting for the perfect time on when to cash out depending on the status of the coin in the market. The usual is that most people, especially these days, try to patiently hold so that they won't experience a loss if they sell for a lower value from the price point they bought their assets for. Since the market is always shifting in trends and is changing prices, mostly decreasing, it gives an investor the bird's eye view to see the market as a who while waiting to see if selling would be a good move or not depending on the status of the coins and them market.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:55:09 PM

And this is the same thing that I saw in another topic, and it also states the user "GameKyubi" and saying that he was drunk and the whole HODL thing started because he was drunk and mistyped the word HOLD, and thus the word HODL became the trademark, its quite hilarious but I think the OP just reposted this one, nonetheless it is quite informative and entertaining at the same time.

in my opinion, HODL or not, it has been the decision of each trader, because they also certainly have a goal, whether it is long-term or short-term. as long as they can be wise, that's not a problem. If everyone is hodl, it's not good either. the coin trading volume will also shrink
Tnt1971

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:54:24 PM

Why not ...in dumping market how can I sell my Bitcoin, ethereum because when market was high rank then I bought bitcoin and ethereum but bearish market,how can I sell bitcoin. So only hold ...hold ...& Hold.

♦♦  SokuSwap  ♦♦
──   I use Soku, do you?   ──
Wingleness

Activity: 458
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:11:56 PM

I've been a HODLER and I can't say I've always enjoyed it or regretted it. The key thing is that the decision still rest with each and every trader to make.
Cryptotissue

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:58:08 PM

Looking at the current state of Bitcoin now, it is advisable for investors to buy more bitcoins and hodl it. The bitcoin market will be experiencing a bull run very soon. Let's buy and hodl.  Bull run is coming very soon
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 12:08:25 AM

There is a difference between HODLERS and TRADERS. Hodlers are those who will just wait for the right time to sell while Traders will do trading on bull or dip. I am both actually, i have coins that i prefer to HODL but there are also certain of coins that i trade everyday.
mejico

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 12:25:24 AM

hodlhodlhodlhodl
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 12:47:32 AM

Why not ...in dumping market how can I sell my Bitcoin, ethereum because when market was high rank then I bought bitcoin and ethereum but bearish market,how can I sell bitcoin. So only hold ...hold ...& Hold.

MORONITY is strong in this community,

Transactional trades in all human history have said "Cut your losses"

But in BITCOIN people are told to "HOLD THEIR LOSSES, ... all the way to zero"

INSANE is the btc community.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: