Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Government are investing in bitcoin secretly?
Use - 33 (67.3%)
Or not - 16 (32.7%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, governments  (Read 1527 times)
jasminsmithj

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 11:42:51 AM

There is a big possibility. I mean, some go where money goes. Smiley
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 07:29:01 AM

well its is possible they already accumulated more than enough expecting government to at any time legalize bitcoin use so they make good profits

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:32:25 AM

i believe central back is too smart not to buy and accumulate bitcoin. They fully understand everything that has to do with money and would hae gooten enough bicoin patiently waiting for governemnt to make it lega so they make enough cash
Royal Jelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

ECOSTART

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:43:41 AM

Many countries will consider bitcoin, and all this has an influence on the economy of its people. If this bitcoin is able to make its people independent, the government will surely follow the trend of society. Every country must have its own policy to overcome this.

E C O S T A R T | WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET
https://eco-start.com/
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:31:00 AM

Some government officials who believes in cryptocurrencies might be tne ones that bought some bitcoin but not the government itself. The government's task are imposing regulation and taxation on bitcoin after they legalized it. The central banks has no control on these cryptocurrencies because they are mostly decentralized so they instead regulate some crypto exchanges by giving them rules and licenses to legally operate in the country. But the government may create its own but centralized cryptocurrency, if the need will arise in the future.
xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:20:02 AM

We have support and promote bitcoin in each our country, its the best way how to know and make bitcoin become famous e digital transaction, when bitcoin have know and famous will make many people are interested for using bitcoin not only as investment but also could be payment transaction, it will give space for government want to legal and give allowing for bitcoin as transaction payment, maybe just my opinion how to make bitcoin as legal transaction in our country.
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 09:52:10 AM

I think one factor that would cause the government in most nations of the world to continue fighting the growth and adoption of bitcoin and the blockchain technology in general is the fact that its a peer to peer decentralized system.

Goveerment  has  been so used to the central way of controlling the financial economy and its might be  really difficult for them to adjust so soon. but i think with time they may have no choice when they fully understand the benefits of this decentralized system of financial  management.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
wow.magic

Activity: 303
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 05:49:07 PM

it would be silly but i think some of the state are investing bitcoin secretly. bitcoin are open to all the community who want to use and invest.
Right bitcoin is open for all who wanted to join. Maybe some government secretly investing in cryptocurrency, we can't blame them cause in bitcoin you have big chances to earn more money.
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:06:17 PM

One of the main functions of the central bank is to manage their foreign exchange reserves. Reserves are an integral part of securing the currency obligations of states, and they also maintain confidence in the monetary and exchange rate policies of the government. Foreign exchange reserves are accumulated by purchasing foreign exchange in the spot market, conducting foreign exchange transactions in the foreign exchange market for investment and managing domestic liquidity in term and deposit accounts in foreign banks.
Nick Sabo (one of the earliest investors in Bitcoins, as well as, according to some representatives of the cryptocurrency community, “the real Satoshi Nakamoto”) believes that the current monetary policy stops responding to the demands of the time, so gold will soon give way to Bitcoin. (https://coinlife.com/news/nik-sabo-centralnye-banki-nachnut-sbrasyvat-zoloto-i-pokupat-kriptovaljuty/)
As far as this is true no one knows for sure, only time will tell. But there is a real chance that this will happen.
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:24:14 PM

yes it is very bad if banks  dont accumulate bitcoin, actually not only bitcoin, but crypto currencies. The government will definitely start thinking of investing in bitcoin, just adjusting so that bitcoin looks really profits. and the central bank will be a tool to control it all.
messito

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:41:30 PM

I am sure that at the moment the government is very actively manipulating the price of Bitcoin and this will continue for a very long time

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
auliasilvana

Activity: 196

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:51:48 AM

We will see the government will consider the existence of bitcoin, this digital gold provides many benefits and a future.
In the end the government will approve the existence of bitcoin.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
Blackbanther

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:04:03 AM

how money work? can you explain me more about this case
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:08:05 AM

It would be silly for central banks to not be accumulating some Bitcoin just in case. They understand how money works..
There is so much we do not know about, so I think your right, it would foolish and strange, if the government didn't take part
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:14:51 AM

It would be silly for central banks to not be accumulating some Bitcoin just in case. They understand how money works..
There is so much we do not know about, so I think your right, it would foolish and strange, if the government didn't take part

The government will definitely need to know about the Bitcoin uses because the officers that are working in the government will not approve the legalization of Bitcoin because of they don't understand uses and the value of Bitcoin.

wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:15:38 AM

This is between bitcoin and goverment to come to agreement ,if this cryptos will be accepted and adopted by the different governments all over the world ,then there are big possibility that banks will really adopt and accept bitcoin, because banks are facilitator and keeper of currency ,so if bitcoin will be legalized then bitcoin have a space in the banks.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:00:10 PM

I am sure that at the moment the government is very actively manipulating the price of Bitcoin and this will continue for a very long time
That might be the case. As I see it, the central bank could print fiat (worthless and has unlimited supply) and then buy bitcoin (limited supply) with it in exchanges. Even a few statements from the regarding cryptocurrency could cause FUD.

CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:54:54 PM

I think that many people from the government or banks have long bought bitcoin for personal purposes. They are also people, just like us and they understand how profitable it is.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:09:04 PM

Governments are already rich because of taxes that they pocket and aside from that , they are also busy on thier agenda .  its rare to see a government official invest on crypto only if he is really desperate to earn more cash  .

Some governments also hated btc to the fact that they cant use it for Corruption ,  thats why the last resort that that they do is to ban it .   not unlike to banks that they are willing to accept bitcoin because it is still a currency and they want to be the first to adapt it on their country so that they can attract more people  .
ipsec

Activity: 584
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 04:09:28 PM

I think yes.
BTC is the same source of income.
Why should someone avoid this if they can invest?
It doesn't matter how central banks refer to cryptocurrencies. There are people behind any bank. And these people also want to make money on anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: