Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:40:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think debit cards & Visa can save cryptocurrencies?  (Voting closed: October 30, 2018, 07:40:37 AM)
Yes - 5 (50%)
No - 5 (50%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Debit Cards & Visa Save Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 272 times)
ActAshton (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 7

Cobain of Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 10:13:52 AM

My question is, does cryptocurrency even need saving in the first place? Cryptocurrency is doing fine on its own today, why does it need debit cards and VISA to "save" itself? I don't get it.

I think that cryptocurrency holders need convenient tools, thanks to which they will be able to spend their honestly earned coins or tokens with a minimum Commission. The adoption of cryptocurrency as a means of payment will contribute to its preservation.
I think it's convenient if you NEED to spend some coin if you get paid in crypto. It's good to be liquid in this case but BTC should remain labeled as a store of value
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:30:18 AM

Definitely. NEO apparently can process up to 5-10k tx's a second. Once we find a solution that can surpass VISA and other providers, there won't be a need for them. They're just convenient for the time being as far as purchasing anything.

There already is block-chains who can surpass VISAin their TXs number , but thats only the first step. Now how you will incorporate this is exsiting payment system?
Shops have CC POS not crypto POS and why they should spend money nd effort of adding crypto pos..

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:32:57 PM

first of all i do believe that if you understand the true nature of a cryptocurrency and the reason why bitcoin was created in first place then you can realize that there is absolutely no need for things like Debit cards and anything like them. they are in fact in defiance with bitcoin's model and anything that is following that philosophy.

secondly i'd say there is nothing in the whole world that can save a shitcoin if it is truly a shitcoin. and that is the problem that we are facing these days. there are just too many shitcoins without any reason to exist apart from pumps.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
anthonytcm

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:37:50 PM

My question is, does cryptocurrency even need saving in the first place? Cryptocurrency is doing fine on its own today, why does it need debit cards and VISA to "save" itself? I don't get it.

It's kind of a clickbaity term, but the sentiment behind it is to spark that feeling, for example when BTC first passed the $1k mark. Or when it hit $5k. $10k, and so on. It personally felt great, and it hints to that feeling, we all know it and we'd all like to see it happen again, mass adoption IS the way to go for people to realize how truly better can crypto become considering it's transparent.

So yes, crypto would be massively benefited from being able to be used in a similar fashion to regular cash, where you can just swipe to buy at most any place.

But that's my opinion!
Commander90

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

SWISS ALPS ▬ MINING & ENERGY

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:44:16 PM

To date, as far as I know visa cards and others can not store cryptocurrency. Even create projects that wanted to unite the cooperation, but nothing came of it

❒ SWISS ALPS ❒        ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬      ❒ SWISS ALPS ❒
█████          The Smart Mining Company           █████
Telegram █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █     Twitter
ActAshton (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 7

Cobain of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 09:40:11 AM

And we've ended in a tie...

Overall summary: crypto debit cards WONT save cryptocurrency but it is an outlet for mass adoption.
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:42:24 AM

I think than Visa or Mastercard won't save crypto, because I thought they were against crypto currencies and tried to ban them. We have a lot of projects that are going to release a credit card that will be connected to your portfolio.
Ponti

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:45:13 AM

I think soon XRP will save the whole world banking system. By the way it grew today 16%, a good sign before the take off to the moon.

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:13:18 PM

Definitely. NEO apparently can process up to 5-10k tx's a second. Once we find a solution that can surpass VISA and other providers, there won't be a need for them. They're just convenient for the time being as far as purchasing anything.

There already is block-chains who can surpass VISAin their TXs number , but thats only the first step. Now how you will incorporate this is exsiting payment system?
Shops have CC POS not crypto POS and why they should spend money nd effort of adding crypto pos..
No there aren't any, Ziliqua is quite close but still it is no official, according to Visa devs, their system can maintain 50000 tx/s, ziliqua for example can do  10000tx/s.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: