Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:06:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain or Cryptpcurrency?  (Read 1124 times)
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:29:29 PM

no i think not. cryptocurrency will remain as a mode of payment for me. it will never die unless other may develop a more efficient way other than cryptocurrency. because the fiat didnt die because of cards and digital payments but they co exists.
sergeykravchenko1959

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:06:18 PM

Major innovative discovery in the field of cryptocurrencies is of course the very blockchain technology that has enormous possibilities for applications in different areas of our lives. But if not for the popularity of btc, nobody would know about this technology.
kokowannabe

Activity: 945
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:34:18 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2018, 10:32:54 AM by kokowannabe
Merited by barnes13 (1)

Hey guys, there are two different difenitions: Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. A lot of experts say that crypto is going to die soon but blockchain itself is a very useful technology. What do you think are they right? Do you think blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency?
I think blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency, but cryptocurrency can't exist without blockchain. There are many people who develop application development using the blockchain system without having to make crypto currencies too, this is only seen as an optional.
yes, I think so, I saw news in my country that it turns out that blockchain technology can be used also as a media voting for the presidential election. For example Estonia and Tunisia have been able to use blockchain technology for the presidential election, even they did it from the regional head elections.
Of course with technology like blockchain it is very useful to be used in all fields and all sectors. Because the system is very safe. Imagine that if you previously voted online using a centralized server, it could still be a big possibility of hacking and easily manipulated. But if we use blockchain technology on that, the possibility of hacking and manipulation is very small, even that is impossible because the server is not centralized but it's decentralized. FYI : on blockchain it is impossible to hack because basically all transaction records that have occurred will be stored by many computers on the network itself. Obviously this will be more difficult to hack thousands of computer systems and the possibility that all computers will experience interference is impossible. We have to admit it, but as we know this technology is still in the development stage, if someone can improve it I am sure this technology can be the best.
efxtrader

Activity: 924

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:50:00 AM

Hey guys, there are two different difenitions: Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. A lot of experts say that crypto is going to die soon but blockchain itself is a very useful technology. What do you think are they right? Do you think blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency?

Its true that blockchain different with cryptocurrency. Most cryptocurrency using blockchain technology. Without cryptocurrency, blockchain still can be exist because blockchain can used for many purpose. For election, government service, etc.
I am doubt that cryptocurrency will die soon, because right now cryptocurrency is new investment and some people think cryptocurrency is an asset and store of value

Riliseth120

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:25:37 AM

Blockchain and cryptocurrency compliments each other. One can survive withtout the other but initially it was built to work as a unit.
Chielath22

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:25:56 AM

They both are the two sides of a same ball. As blockchain is one of the most secured platform so most of cryptocurrency are followed by it except for some coins which follows DAG system. One can't survive without the other one so both will move on. And who are these experts making this absurd prediction.
Jerireg05

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:26:15 AM

Blockchain and cryptocurrency are the two sides of a coin. Although it seems to some people that blockchain would survive without cryptocurrencies, but truth is no one will hold the nodes without a compensation. Generally, haters bring this topic all the time
Crelakoth02

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:26:34 AM

To remain in the financial sector blockchain technology needs cryptocurrencies. Without crypto the usage of blockchain will be limited. But who says that crypto is going to die soon?
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:27:16 PM

Yes, blockchain can exist without Cryptocurrency but I think it will be a private Blockchain, we have many like that but when it comes to a blockchain protocol that will be publicly utilize, I don't think it can exist without Cryptocurrency which will power its operations.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:13:10 AM

The blockchain was created for bitcoin transactions and is now used in other Altoona in traditional business ! I agree that the use of technology will grow exponentially but cryptocurrency will not die !
Bitcoin was actually meant to be an application of the blockchain technology which is an open source and it was used for a solution to payment method in which there would be no need for a third party, and that is just one use case for the blockchain technology as there are so many other use cases. Blockchain technology birthed cryptocurrencies, and I do not see cryptocurrency going down the drain anytime except a space that will grow and get more matured.

There is no doubt that in almost every sector we will get to see blockchain gradually being applied in most cases, and that makes it the future that will disrupt a lot of things.
Businesscase

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:04:07 AM

Blockchain - its very promising and effective technology and of course, it will survive, but without crypto, it`s probably will be private blockchains. Crypto providing decentralized blockchain for all humanity. So I think both of them will survive and become a part of our future.
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:56:03 AM

I think for now both of them cannot be separated between blockchain and crypto because both need each other.
indeed blockchain technology is very useful in the future but without crypto it is less interesting I guess.
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:20:43 AM

I think for now both of them cannot be separated between blockchain and crypto because both need each other.
indeed blockchain technology is very useful in the future but without crypto it is less interesting I guess.

It's clear from the very beginning that if blockchain is separated from crypto then cryptocurrency will automatically die and lost its purpose because blockchain is a core part of crypto so yeah. I guess that is quite obvious for many people ofcourse.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
darewaller

Activity: 2828
Merit: 634

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:46:35 PM

They both have different purposes in life if you ask me. Blockchain has a purpose that it will be a new software in the world where almost all new important software programs will use and definitely take advantage of the possibilities of it.

With blockchain many sectors in the world can improve their software a lot and they will make working easier and definitely cut down on some manhours put into many work meaning it will drop the costs for the companies so they will start looking for more "blockchain developer" or whatever.

Whereas cryptocurrency which uses blockchain is basically a new way of investment for us and hopefully in the future when more places start accepting crypto payments or there is a way of paying with crypto anywhere even if they don't take it (like debit card or mobile app) than it will just be part of our lives individually instead of business world.

victory.lil

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:51:42 PM

it is very strange because these things are one whole, because cryptocurrency definitely cannot be without a blockchain because they obviously must be accompanied by what today is called encryption. It is strange that you ask such questions, but I would choose the technology itself.
a4illusionist

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:53:42 PM

Well, i thought they are both one and the same thing. First time i realize that i was wrong. So what is blockchain if it is not cryptocurrency ? For me the blockchain is the method that is used to run the cryptocurrency so its a complete package, i mean both are part of the same thing. Am i not right ?

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
cliber

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

umachit.fund

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:58:36 PM

Can blockchain without cryptocurrency exist?
This is a friend. I am not an expert as you mentioned. But to my knowledge, technologically, almost everyone knows if the Blockchain technology system is really great and can be implemented without any other help.

minhkhoa

Activity: 325

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:43:54 PM

In my opinion, Blockchain or Cryptpcurrency are mutually supportive and mutually beneficial. When the crypto market came into being, it created a motive force for development projects, along with Blockchain technology that was developed and applied in life such as Bitcoin and Blockchain.
MAXENATOR

Activity: 90
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:28:02 PM

I do not really understand why we should put or here, in my opinion it is possible to have all of these both good technologies.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 11:57:25 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2018, 12:12:10 AM by BitDane

Yes. Blockchain Technology can exist without Cryptocurrency. Though it may be better if Cryptocurrency will be used also along with Blockchain Technology.

Blockchain Technology has many uses which can promote transparency and high-level of efficiency. This can be done which do not have anything to do with Cryptocurrency. One good example of using Blockchain Technology is through traffic and logistics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: