Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:24:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain or Cryptpcurrency?  (Read 1132 times)
ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 08:38:48 AM

Hey guys, there are two different difenitions: Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. A lot of experts say that crypto is going to die soon but blockchain itself is a very useful technology. What do you think are they right? Do you think blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency?

Of course I vote for blockchain. The whole point is in it. It is the blockchain that can be the technology that will change everything significantly. But I do not believe that in the end it may be that the current cryptocurrency will help in the future
maligu

Activity: 333

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 08:51:29 AM

The cryptocurrency currency market is already on the road to death, many coins will disappear, but bitcoin you don't have to worry about its future. Blockchain is now very difficult to invest, thinking that the application of blockchain technology will take time, and there is a relationship between blockchain and coins, so Bitcoin will definitely take off again.

aalavandan

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:00:24 AM

I think you cannot compare these two. Because one is a big part of another. without blockchain there would not be any crypto currency and without crypto currencies, blockchain would never reach such popularity.
thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:10:42 AM

Blockchain is a technology which is a growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked using cryptography. Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain
While cryptocurrency is one of the implementations of blockchain technology.  A digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses strong cryptography. Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency
Blockchain will definetely exist even "if" cryptocurrency can't survive.
hanxinvwang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:24:41 AM

In fact, the blockchain does not require cryptocurrency as a dependency, because blockchain products do not rely solely on cryptocurrencies as a payment method!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:36:08 AM

I think that there can be a lot of blockchains, they are needed for different functions, but cryptocurrencies need a maximum of a few pieces.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
wareck

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:11:15 AM

In General, as far as I know that the technology of the future is blockchain, not cryptocurrencies. So now I'm more interested in how it will develop and nothing else. This is more important
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:08:59 AM

Hey guys, there are two different difenitions: Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. A lot of experts say that crypto is going to die soon but blockchain itself is a very useful technology. What do you think are they right? Do you think blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency?
Lol, it’s really funny that a lot of people don’t know that the Blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency, because it can be used for a lot of other things apart from being used for transaction. So yes, they are right, Blockchain can stay without cryptocurrency, but cryptocurrency can’t stay without Blockchain. Although I’m not supporting that any of them will be gone in the future, both will still remain.
Leenwar

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:27:14 AM

The blockchain technology itself is still so new that price is more speculation than anything.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:13:12 AM

In fact, the blockchain does not require cryptocurrency as a dependency, because blockchain products do not rely solely on cryptocurrencies as a payment method!
Yes, Blockchain can be used for various purposes, but when it comes to making payments/transactions, then you need cryptocurrency to do that, as long as it’s Blockchain we are talking about. Unless you mean for other things such as message encryption like someone once said. Also read on Forbes that it can be used in voting, don’t really know how that works, and there are still a lot of things it can be used for.
crossmoon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:54:48 AM

Of course the blockchain. Blockchain is an idea. And cryptocurrency is a side product. Blockchain is the future. I believe that the blockchain will cover all areas of life.
chairmanMao

Activity: 456
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:40:56 AM

Blockchain technology can leave the cryptocurrency, but this only proves that the cryptocurrency is not traded but only serves commercial use. But this does not mean that the cryptocurrency will disappear. In the future, the cryptocurrency and blockchain will coexist, and only a large number of altcoin items will disappear.

chakhigh

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 01:56:06 PM

Blockchain is the base. It is the core of Cryptocurrency. so, I think they have to coexist instead.
The question is whether the adoption rate will grow in the near future or not?!
Ok, it all depends upon "how fast do people want to free themselves from old central regimen and bureaucracy!!!!

paradigmaV

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:34:22 PM

Many blockchains do not need the existence of coins. They just do not need them. They simply fulfill the role of "securities", if they can be called that ... In addition, the blockchain is still very slowly entering our life. Everyone talks about utility, but we do not see widespread use ... I think that a long time will pass and then we will be able to draw some definite conclusions.
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:50:19 AM

Of course, the blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency and be successfully used both in public institutions and in private companies. But cryptocurrencies in most cases are an incentive to support blockchain networks, since the essence of blockchain is decentralization.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:54:13 AM

Private blockchain can work without cryptocurrency, but not public blockchain because you have to reward minrrs with something because nobody will work for nothing Smiley.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
skish85

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:59:57 AM

Yes, blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency, but I think cryptocurrencies will be alive. They are certainly useful.
Snake9999

Activity: 415

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:11:02 AM

Many people think that cryptocurrency is about to die because they believe that the continued decline in cryptocurrency prices will cause the crypto price to return to zero, but I don't think so. I think the price drop is more conducive to buying, and the price drop can effectively eliminate the bubble effect!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:18:31 AM

Yeah most of the crypto currency depends on blockchain system. Blockchain is the main thing and if it's comes to the question of existence then blockchain have the greater chance to win. But crypto currency is a alternative of today hard cash system. And somehow in the future we need some digital or internet depending currency. Which can replace or improve banking system or todays money-system. So think  blockchain and crypto both are going to go for a long timelime.

Orenonex

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:04:09 AM

Blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency. Already many Internet giants are introducing this technology into their work. But I don't think that cryptocurrency will disappear. Blockchain and crypto will exist for a long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: