Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you send bitcoins to Satoshi, if you know his Bitcoin address?  (Read 1400 times)
eSurge

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:29:17 AM

Wrong question: actually, we already know Satoshi's address, at least it is a common belief that one of the first addresses which had received mining rewards in first days of Bitcoin network's startup, belonged to Satoshi.

The only thing causing hesitation, is whether he still has access to it or not (i.e. to the password of the underlying private key, and the key itself).

In case that's true, I feel very sorry for him, whoever he is.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:43:55 AM

If I became a millionaire because of bitcoin. I would have given him a bit of it. But if the case is that he needed my help.

I think this is true. If he doesn't want it why would I give it? It will be a waste of effort and money.

Plus come to think of the fact that if Satoshi doesn't have a hold on those address anymore, or he has forgotten the keys, then that would be bitcoin supply wasted.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:46:53 AM

If i had a lot of bitcoins why not? Satoshi is the reason why  we are now using bitcoin and earning through it. And i think as a way of giving thanks ,it is not difficult to give this person any amount in return for all he done to us. We are so thankful that bitcoin was created. It help change the lives of many people and help to minimize economic poverty.

Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:08:19 AM

If i had a lot of bitcoins why not? Satoshi is the reason why  we are now using bitcoin and earning through it. And i think as a way of giving thanks ,it is not difficult to give this person any amount in return for all he done to us. We are so thankful that bitcoin was created. It help change the lives of many people and help to minimize economic poverty.
Be have lots and more people involve in bitcoin, he can earn. I think he could appreciate if it is given on the charity. Give thanks to him is enough because he able to help the many specially those who are in need. I just pray for him that his success continue and never burn.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:51:03 AM

no. for what I send bitcoin to satoshi. he created bitcoin so I felt there was no need to give him bitcoin. because surely he already has bitcoin maybe even more than my bitcoin.
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 05:10:19 AM

Showing gratitude is a good thing but telling me send bitcoin to a wallet that the man may not have access to the private keys is a waste of resources so no point doing it.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:41:10 AM

Satoshi's creation has been of immense and invaluable assistance to me and my family,it raised my status and made me live much more comfortably

I doubt if satoshi will ever return nor ever be bankrupt and in need of btc

But If he(she/they ever returns for some donations,i will gladly oblige some to him(she/they)
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:31:24 AM

if there is indeed authentic evidence that it is the address of Satoshi's wallet, I would be very happy to give as many tips as I can. especially if he said that he had gone bankrupt, I think there would be a lot of people or even communities in this forum who would raise funds to help Satoshi. it is undeniable that he is a great inventor who has quite changed my life.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:40:57 AM

I will send to him and without any hesitation. I will do that to appreciate him for giving the whole world blockchain technology  and bitcoin BTC. This innovation has kept me where i am now which is far more better than where i was before now.  BTC bitcoin  is so strong and will surely empower the poor according to the dreams of Satoshi and his team. This  is called an innovation of the century. Blockchain on its own can help solve a lot  problem ranging from politics/elections to hospital  file management and drug dispensing in the hospits.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:46:06 AM

Let's create a fictitious scenario where Satoshi sends a message in a way that can be validated/verified < PGP key > and he notify all of us that he is bankrupt and has no access to his coins.  

If this is verified, would you send bitcoins to Satoshi, like people did with Andreas Antonopoulos?

We have seen people sending tips to Satoshi's known Bitcoin addresses and to date, bitcoin’s maiden address has received 16.7 BTC in tips, worth around $107 600. <This has never been claimed>

Will you send bitcoins and if you do, why?

If you will not send bitcoins. Why?
i will not because i think he doesn't need it, some people say that he is holding 1M bitcoin lol. but in case he really need it, every bitcoin holders will be willing to do it.
Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546

burst.money

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:54:05 AM

I don't get any message from satoshi hence I don't send him any bitcoin.but another reason is that I don't know any adreess of sathosi wallet address where I can send my bitcoin.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Dextract

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:38:26 AM

Ofc not that grandpa has already millions of btc and he needs some pennies from some small people ?? Lol
alex_gr_cc

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 01:42:52 PM

Let's create a fictitious scenario where Satoshi sends a message in a way that can be validated/verified < PGP key > and he notify all of us that he is bankrupt and has no access to his coins.  

If this is verified, would you send bitcoins to Satoshi, like people did with Andreas Antonopoulos?

We have seen people sending tips to Satoshi's known Bitcoin addresses and to date, bitcoin’s maiden address has received 16.7 BTC in tips, worth around $107 600. <This has never been claimed>

I like this theme. I would still send some money to Satoshi. This person, though he did not invent the blockchain technology, but came up with an original idea for the implementation of the technology. This gave impetus to the development of cryptocurrency market. Respect

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:48:12 PM

Many small donations out of goodwill translates into an amount he can comfortably sustain himself with. I don't even think he has to ask for anything with how people will dust-spam his addresses automatically.

I have occasionally sent coins to certain (active) addresses just to clean up my own private keys so that the funds will remain in circulation. I don't ever delete private keys with funds in them.

I might regret it at some point in the future when even satoshis become valuable, but at least I made someone else 'happy' with it. Maybe I should create my own 'dust' wallet and save up everything year after year.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:54:48 PM

This is a bit difficult to consider because I'm not the early-adopters who has a large number of bitcoins. But if the scenario is really happen, I will give him 0.xxx btc because with his creation of bitcoin, it is a revolution for our current generation and help our financial life.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Jateng

Activity: 1262
Merit: 148

Think Different

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:58:45 PM

We owe big to Satoshi Nakamoto and as a sign that we thank him, I think it is okay to send him bitcoin. But I will be honest that I will only something that I can since I am not that really good at earning bitcoin so I will only give what I can give. The important thing is that, I gave back  something he gave to me / us.

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:53:00 PM

The first question that springs to mind is, what proof would we need from Satoshi
so that we can be sure it is the real person or group?

If it was the real Satoshi who asked for a donation I would give it, i donate money
to various charities throughout the year so its not a big deal. Satoshi imo would
be worthy of a donation for what he has given us.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Tnt1971

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:03:53 PM

The first person who made online virtual currency named as bitcoin...great perfect man satoshi nakamoto.really I will send some bitcoins if I know his wallet address. Because for him we will use bitcoin...he is a great perfect man.

♦♦  SokuSwap  ♦♦
──   I use Soku, do you?   ──
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:39:24 PM

First is why would we send some Bitcoin to his/her address?
We all know that he/she is now a wealthy person because of his/her creation.
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:48:27 PM

I will send to him and without any hesitation. I will do that to appreciate him for giving the whole world blockchain technology  and bitcoin BTC. This innovation has kept me where i am now which is far more better than where i was before now.  BTC bitcoin  is so strong and will surely empower the poor according to the dreams of Satoshi and his team. This  is called an innovation of the century. Blockchain on its own can help solve a lot  problem ranging from politics/elections to hospital  file management and drug dispensing in the hospits.

I would send money for Satoshi too! He deserves my thanks, at least for the fact that for the last year and a half I have had the opportunity to live off of the cryptocurrency. And I still have the opportunity to earn a crypto and hope that its price will rise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: