Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use hardware wallet?  (Read 614 times)
springfallen (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:59:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5olgtQxQDnk

These day I'm looking for safe, easy hardware wallet.

I saw this video in Youtube and kinda interesting..

What do you think about this card type hard wallet?? Do you[ guys using any hardware wallet? Why do you use it??
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4984

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 09:06:38 AM

This video only has ~700 views, how did you stumble upon this one? My gut feeling tells me you're somebody who is payed to promote this wallet instead of a "regular" user who is asking questions here (but that's just my gut feeling).

This being said: i had to turn off the video, all text is in korean??? and the voiceover isn't that good either (IMHO).

Upon visiting the website, i got a bad vibe... Why would anybody reputable try to start an ICO... People that start an ICO for funding give me the shivvers (personal opinion).
The page selling the HW wallet is only partly translated, the amounts are only in some currency i don't know (no idear how many USD or EUR such a HW wallet would cost).

I'd stick to a ledger or a trezor... They are cheap, made by somebody from the community and they're trusted.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kocret02

Activity: 1148
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:07:00 AM

I use wallet hardware to store my assets. nano ledger is my best choice because it can secure assets rather than having to use an online wallet but is full of hackers.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:13:06 AM

Where to buy the wallet? I found an article saying that the wallet is supposed to launch in the last June but I can't find details about it or where to buy it.

I also like the concept of the wallet and how cheap it is but I still would go with Trezor or Ledger. Why? because they have proven that they can always deliver (soft-forks, hard-forks etc..) the development is always very active etc. Not to mention that they are supported by major services and wallets as well.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 09:15:37 AM

Where to buy the wallet? I found an article saying that the wallet is supposed to launch in the last June but I can't find details about it or where to buy it.

I also like the concept of the wallet and how cheap it is but I still would go with Trezor or Ledger. Why? because they have proven that they can always deliver (soft-forks, hard-forks etc..) the development is always very active etc. Not to mention that they are supported by major services and wallets as well.

They show the link in the description of the video the OP posted.
That being said: i wouldn't trust a company that hired people to join forums and post links to their video disguising an advertisement as a legitimate question (i have no proof, but my gut feeling tells me that's what happening here... I see no other plausible explanation why a new account would post a link to an unknown video that only has about 700 views).

I'm not saying this hardware wallet isn't good, i'm just saying that i personally wouldn't use it because i don't like the advertisement method, the website and i don't see an advantage over other, wellknown, trusted hardware wallets.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 09:24:25 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2018, 09:35:41 AM by mocacinno

Kaiser Wallet is a new hardware wallet on the market today. I think it's cheap, convenient and easy to use everywhere. Besides, there are many other electronic money stores like Ledger Nanos wallet, Trezor, ...

Do you own one? Just seems a bit suspicious you joined the forum and your second post is made to vouch for a wallet that has been pushed by a newbie whose first post was pushing the wallet.

Don't get me wrong: i have no problems with a company opening a thread on bitcointalk in order to promote their product and answer potential customer's questions... However, i feel they should do so in an honest and open way, not by paying people to pretend being happy customers or people that have "accidentally" found this wallet and want to know more about it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 09:52:41 AM

I definitely share mocacinno's concerns that this topic is just made to promote this wallet.
That said, in case it isn't, I would recommend going with an already established brand like Trezor or Ledger.

I have a Ledger Nano S and have been very happy with that for years now.
I bought it because the price/quality just seemed the best, compared to the Trezor wallets and I could easily ship it without additional costs to my country.

Paid around 80 Euros for it, shipping included.

Edit:

Here's an English video for that Kaiser wallet, should've just shared that immediately:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBmMs_8yIbQ

Elqui

Activity: 243
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:18:45 AM

Right now im not using any hardware wallet, but im planning to buy a ledger nano because i have seen a lot of good feedbacks about it and im sure my funds will be safe there.
TessaFrackie

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:27:43 AM

I used a Ledger Nano wallet. It's a popular wallet, money transfer and security settings are pretty simple and guide detailed. It can also store many other types of electronic money.
Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:31:57 AM

Better buy a Ledger Nano S or trezor. These companies are developing a device specifically for cryptocurrency and they have secure software.

Whereas smartphone software is easily cracked.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:48:17 AM

Better buy a Ledger Nano S or trezor. These companies are developing a device specifically for cryptocurrency and they have secure software.

Whereas smartphone software is easily cracked.
And buy it from the original vendor (NOT from eBay resellers, there are known cases of fraud involving them).

When I come to think about it, it is going to be increasingly more and more difficult for some new company to enter this market (of hardware wallets), since it is built almost exclusively on trust.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:46:04 AM

No am not using Hardware wallet yet but am very much working on how ro get mine as well.

I believed hardware wallet is one of the most secure wallet for all crypto coins if not the most advisable one out of all.
cc80aa

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:38:23 PM

Not yet, but I look forwad to use it for my funds security because many major advantages over standard software wallet private key are often stored in a protected area of a microcontroller.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:50:50 PM

I'm currently using HODLER android and windows application while waiting for the hardware version they will release. Their wallet is propitious since the features they offer cannot be offered by any ither wallet. It is an opensource multiwallet software that can hold numerous kibd of coin and token. It offers simplicity and security at the same time.
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:33:42 PM

Hello,

I d'on't use hard wallet for the moment but I'm thinking of it to increase security of my funds but in any case when I will go for it I will go for a trust one well known, not a new product without any real tests and people review.
delphic

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:44:58 PM

The downside to using a hardware wallet is just one. And it is obvious. Under certain circumstances, it is very easy to lose your savings. Despite the increased security and exclusion of theft of funds, the wallet can be easily lost - it is small and simply dropped from your pocket without even noticing. You can also just forget the access password. The downside is that the wallet becomes independent and the entire responsibility lies solely with the owner, which is why no one can help you get the money back if the wallet or password is lost. The only solution to this problem is the backup function, but this action significantly reduces the security of the wallet.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 02:47:31 PM

The downside to using a hardware wallet is just one. And it is obvious. Under certain circumstances, it is very easy to lose your savings. Despite the increased security and exclusion of theft of funds, the wallet can be easily lost - it is small and simply dropped from your pocket without even noticing.

The device is just one way to access these coins.
Noone should use any wallet without a backup. And this also applies to a hardware wallet.

Simply backup the seed and you are fine when losing the device.

You can also just forget the access password.

Same applies here.. Simply reset the device and use your backup.

The downside is that the wallet becomes independent and the entire responsibility lies solely with the owner, which is why no one can help you get the money back if the wallet or password is lost.

This applies to every (proper) wallet.
If somehow you are not entirely responsible for your wallet (means: someone else can access it), you are using a really bad wallet and should immediately abandon it.

The only solution to this problem is the backup function, but this action significantly reduces the security of the wallet.

Everyone should always have a backup. Devices can break. Especially electronic devices (e.g. lightning strike when plugged in and running).
Using a wallet (doesn't matter whether hardware-, desktop-, mobile-, etc..) without a backup is negligent and will - sooner or later - lead to a loss of funds.

aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:16:48 PM

It seems to me that in the next 5 years hardware wallets will get a lot of distribution. But then they will be replaced by online wallets with a high degree of security and personal identification. Well, in any case, I think so. At present, I think the best hardware wallets Ledger and Tezer. Maybe there are wallets better, but these support a lot of cryptocurrency and constantly improve security. But overall, even an online wallet can be quite safe if you are careful and keep your keys in a safe place.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Ashwin Kumar

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:22:26 PM

Nope. I just use online website where I think it's much more secure.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:28:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5olgtQxQDnk

These day I'm looking for safe, easy hardware wallet.

I saw this video in Youtube and kinda interesting..

What do you think about this card type hard wallet?? Do you[ guys using any hardware wallet? Why do you use it??
Hardware wallet has many advantages, safety and security, but I do not trade too much so it is not really necessary. Maybe I will use it when bitcoin and altcoin better
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: