Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Hydrants  (Read 677 times)
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:26:05 AM

Grin Grin
Nice post, something completely different as i am used to see here.

Sometimes i have to do several captchas even tough i am certain that i have done the first one correctly, it annoys me also. I suppose that it could have something to do with cookies.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 12:35:28 PM

The fire hydrant one is very easy you newbs Grin (please ignore my comment if you are colorblind). These things get more serious when identifying storefronts. I think I got a 10% success rate, not sure if it's a store or something else. I wish I could read Chinese and Japanese.

*If you are wondering, this is a joke. I'm not stupid.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:25:50 PM

These things can be labor intensive for TOR users.  Is there a way for the forum to view the IP on the TOR exit node and know in advance if it is blocked due to over use?  I have times where I go through "pain" making it through the Captcha and then when I click enter to sign in the site comes back and states the IP has been used too many times or whatever.

I wish Theymos would charge 5 bucks a month for a user to enable U2F and that would now be my sign in option over the current entry requirement.  If that is too much maybe 20-25 bucks a year to have that option.  Great deal for me, but sadly not offered.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 11:58:00 PM

These things can be labor intensive for TOR users.  Is there a way for the forum to view the IP on the TOR exit node and know in advance if it is blocked due to over use?  I have times where I go through "pain" making it through the Captcha and then when I click enter to sign in the site comes back and states the IP has been used too many times or whatever.

For cloudflare captchas - request a new Tor circuit when you get a captcha.
For login captchas - https://bitcointalk.org/captcha_code.php
son14.girl

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:00:17 AM

I have experienced the same thing (to select or mark Fyre hydrant, car, store) or called (captcha). At that time I was confused and panicked, why when I logged in it appeared like, then I asked my friend, it turned out that it had a useful function. One of them is to avoid the bot account or actually state that the login is a human, not a robot. And that is a useful experience for me.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 05:41:35 AM

Why don't you check that "perma login" option? That way it's just one time nightmare. Plus, most of the times I don't even get all these selection options in Google Captcha. A simple click on the Google Captcha box and it ticks it right away... Isn't it this way for most of you?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:07:10 AM

Why don't you check that "perma login" option? That way it's just one time nightmare. Plus, most of the times I don't even get all these selection options in Google Captcha. A simple click on the Google Captcha box and it ticks it right away... Isn't it this way for most of you?

Some people share a device and don't want others who use the same device to snoop around, so perma login really isn't a good option. Plus, my understanding is if you clear the cookies, you have to go through picking the storefronts and crosswalks again.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: