Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm A Professional Trader, Here's My Strategy  (Read 21955 times)
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:41:41 PM

Hello All,

In this thread I'm going to detail how I trade Cryptocurrency.

I've been trading Crypto for the past 6 months with pretty decent results.

The strategy I use is based on a culmination of different techniques and knowledge I picked up in my time trading the Forex market, which is what I traded before moving to Crypto at the beginning of the year. 

There are two parts to the strategy.....

The first part is what I use when the a large rise/bull run is taking place - (you can learn how to use this on my site - see below)

And the second part is what I use when the market is slow or ranging/consolidating.

My strategy is simple to trade but requires some explaining, so I'll be posting pics and doing analysis of different trades to help you understand why I took a trade and what you can do to begin doing the same.

Lets get to it.

P.S I've also started a website that has free information on Cryptocurrency trading.

https://www.cryptotradingschoolonline.com/

It's a new site, so there's only a few articles and things on there at the moment, but I'll be adding more articles to it in the near future, including ones that go into more detail on the techniques you'll see me use in this thread, so keep an eye open for them.

Also, if you have any questions you can ask me on the thread or email me at liamcrypto123@hotmail.com

Nice job dude! I hope that this will give me a lot of insights about trading crypto and would help me a lot in my coming years trading it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:48:23 PM

You are a professional trader.Now I am also learning some techniques to make me professional.Because I am still lacking in trading.thank you for your sharing.
Trading is really all about the knowledge and information so if you are lack of knowledge try to increase your skills and your information related to trading, now a day there are a lot of sites who are sharing good knowledge about trading, it is all about having skills to deal with the problems wisely such as price fall and a few more minor issues.
Maxpips (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:10:09 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 07:13:42 PM by Maxpips

BTC: HUGE Reversal Could Be Start Of New Bull Run......

A few hours ago Bitcoin dropped into the new buy area I said could cause a reversal to take place earlier this afternoon (see my 12:13pm post).

As expected, a reversal did take place, but it was much, much bigger than what I thought we'd see.

It started after a reversal candlestick with a large one sided wick formed (these candlesticks usually indicate the price is about to reverse, though not always) which I what used to place my first trade.

A big rise pushed the price into the zone that caused last nights drop and then another reversal candlestick formed on the 5 minute chart, which I used to add to my position.

Note: If you see a reversal candlestick this small DON'T BUY and don't take it as a signal the price is about to reverse. The candles that usually cause the price to reverse have long wicks like the one that caused the reversal to begin (see previous image). I only bought again on this tiny candle because I was at a much higher profit than what I expected. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have bought.

After the second reversal candle formed, another large rise caused the price to break through the zone completely.

The price has now fallen slightly as traders/investors take profits off their trades, but I think we could see another rise push the price up the source of the October 29th drop either later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

The point to watch now is the area between 6265 - 6285.

Usually when a sharp rise like this takes place the drop caused by traders and investors taking profits tends to end around the point where the previous high formed.

If you look at the image you can see the 6265 - 6285 area encompass the previous high broken by the rise as well as a small pause that took place just before the last big rise took place, which is another point the price often reverses at in these situations.

So if you see the price fall into that area watch for candlesticks with large one sided wicks to form and/or bullish candlesticks that are significantly bigger the surrounding candles, as these are both good signs the price is about to reverse.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 08:38:45 PM

This is really insightful and I learned a lot in this thread. I was planning to buy a laptop to participate in some competition trading and day trading. I will surely use some of these tips especially reading the graph on when to buy or sell. Thanks to you guy's.
rebrik7

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:03:16 PM

Thanks for the topic, mate. I like your strategy and how you describing it.
Usually I learning several analysis of different traders (in addition to my own), you'll be one of them Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:34:45 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 07:29:41 PM by Maxpips
Merited by nydiacaskey01 (1)

Thanks guys. Got some good stuff coming soon, stay tuned.

Etherium and Dogecoin Update......

Like Bitcoin, Etherium and Dogecoin also reversed after falling into their respective buy areas.

Dogecoin is currently rising toward the sell area created by the drop on the 24th.

If it makes it into this area expect to see some kind of drop take place.

No signals to buy have come up yet (the signals aren't very clear on Dogecoin, due to how few people trade it) but keep an eye on the area between 1323 - 1224, as a drop and subsequent  rise out of there could occur before the price moves into the sell area.

Etherium isn't really doing much at the minute, it's just kind of meandering around and not going anywhere.

I'm not sure whether we'll see this rise continue up to the source of the drop. I think a fall back into the buy area or to the point where today's rise started is more likely than a continued rise.

We'll have to wait and see.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:56:56 PM

Very nice analysis there Maxpips! I read from 1st page to last and learned a few tips on when to buy and sell on both Bitcoin and Ethereum. Your site will surely get a lot of visitors with this kind of work. Do you think Ethereum will bounce back to its previous price like last year?
Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:26:32 AM

I think this has to do with trading based on some technical analysis, some of these analysis and strategies work momentarily but when real huge dips come, it will break all resistance and support. There have been some arguments that crypto do not obey TA and with some experience I think I agree. Apart from just using the candle sticks, the use of other singnal tools should equally help

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:34:16 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 03:38:42 PM by Maxpips

Thanks Nydiacaskey.

Regarding Etherium, it's too early to tell to be honest.

I think a rise up 242 or around that point could take place in the near future, possibly by the end of the year, but a move all the way back up to last years highs is too far out for me to predict.

I'll keep you updated, anyway.

I think this has to do with trading based on some technical analysis, some of these analysis and strategies work momentarily but when real huge dips come, it will break all resistance and support. There have been some arguments that crypto do not obey TA and with some experience I think I agree. Apart from just using the candle sticks, the use of other singnal tools should equally help

That's right Karlinz, the large dips will break all support and resistance levels. However, they won't break all buy and sell areas....

For example:

At the beginning of Bitcoins final big rise a buy area was created.

When the price crashed/dipped it stopped falling and reversed once it hit the buy area.

So while lots of support and resistance levels were broken by the crash/dip, not all buy and sell areas were.

I'll have my BTC, ETH and DOGE analysis up later, guys.

Not feeling too good today - got really bad flu - so it might be up a bit later than usual.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:10:27 PM

Hello All,

The strategy I use is based on a culmination of different techniques and knowledge I picked up in my time trading the Forex market, which is what I traded before moving to Crypto at the beginning of the year. 

The first part is what I use when the a large rise/bull run is taking place - (you can learn how to use this on my site - see below)

And the second part is what I use when the market is slow or ranging/consolidating.

My strategy is simple to trade but requires some explaining, so I'll be posting pics and doing analysis of different trades to help you understand why I took a trade and what you can do to begin doing the same.

Lets get to it.

P.S I've also started a website that has free information on Cryptocurrency trading.

It's a new site, so there's only a few articles and things on there at the moment, but I'll be adding more articles to it in the near future, including ones that go into more detail on the techniques you'll see me use in this thread, so keep an eye open for them.

Also, if you have any questions you can ask me on the thread or email me at liamcrypto123@hotmail.com

Nice job dude! I hope that this will give me a lot of insights about trading crypto and would help me a lot in my coming years trading it.
it's true that with information about this good trading strategy that can make us all able to do good and profitable trading in the years to come and so on

Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:36:43 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 03:35:51 PM by Maxpips

BTC Update......

Nothing has really changed on Bitcoin since last night.

I still think if a rise up to the source of the drop that took place on the 29th is going to take place we'll see a reversal begin inside the green reversal zone, so monitor that area for signs of a reversal e.g candles with large one sided wicks and big bullish candles.

Both of my trades are now closed, I'll be looking for re-entry inside the reversal zone.

There is a small zone on the 5 minute time-frame that could cause a small reversal too, so keep that in mind if you're planning on buying.

ETH Update......

Etherium hasn't changed much either.

Since the big rise the price has just consolidated between the 197 low and the 199 high.

Keep watching the green area for signs of a reversal.
Charlie3

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:47:42 PM

i am not a pro still but my strategy is  price action is simple practice as many times till you master it and start making profits from what you have learnt and then search for other things
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:40:40 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 03:33:02 PM by Maxpips

i am not a pro still but my strategy is  price action is simple practice as many times till you master it and start making profits from what you have learnt and then search for other things

That's the best way to learn, in my opinion.

Master one setup or strategy and then learn additional setups/strategies to compensate for losses and to even out the bottom line.

That pretty much what I did when I started trading Forex.

I started off learning about technical indicators then after a while I moved onto price action e.g candlesticks, support and resistance levels, trend-lines etc. Once I learned all that I began reading books on the mechanics of the market, like how people trade, where the banks and hedge funds (the whales of the Forex market) buy and sell, what being in a zero sum market means, stuff like that.

I've got some good trading books if you're interested?

They're not specifically for Crypto but the concepts and topics talked about apply to Crypto the same as they do for Forex.

Let me know if you want them and I'll send them over.

Here's a quick update on Bitcoin.

BTC: Moving Up To Yesterdays High.......

Over the past few hours Bitcoin has risen.

This rise could be the beginning of a move into the area created by the drop (green area at the top).

If this is the case, watch for a reversal inside the bottom green area.

Also, if the price does reverse and start moving towards the top green area, expect to see a small drop when the price gets close to yesterday's high (black arrow) because usually the price will fall slightly either just before it breaks a significant high or just after it breaks.

There's no way to know which it will be beforehand, so just keep watch.
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:44:16 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 03:31:50 PM by Maxpips

BTC Reacting To High

Bitcoin has moved up into the area I marked near the highs and is currently falling.

A bearish reversal candlestick has just formed (black arrow), so we could the price fall into the bottom green area over the next few hours.

If this happens watch for signs of a reversal i.e watch for a candlestick with a large one sided wick to appear or a candlestick with a large body that's bigger than the prior candles.

Off to bed, I'll update you in the morning.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:51:28 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 01:11:21 AM by Question123

Strategy is very helpful to avoid losing money and newbie is really needed this. But not all the strategy that gives of others are really useful it depends on the situatuion when you will use it always be careful of getting startegy and better if you review first before you apply.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:20:45 AM

Strategy is very helpful to avoid losing money and newbie is really needed this. But not all the strategy that gives of others are really useful it depends on the situatuion when you will use it always be careful of getting startegy and better if you review first before you apply.
Of course the OP is just giving a guide here. They aren't saying you must follow the strategy to place your trade. So, don't get it twisted. They aren''t a financial advisor either. BTW Max, have you got a way through the telegram thingy. You can also get it on Google playstore from any Android phone. I saw that Cryptogirl already gave you link to the PC download.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:33:31 AM

No, not yet Mpamaegbu

I downloaded the app from the link Cryptogirl sent me but I ended up getting sidetracked before I entered any details. I'll try to get it set up today if I've got time, if not, I'll do it tomorrow - the market is usually quite slow on the weekend, so I don't sit with my eyes glued to the charts all day.

BTW: My real name isn't Max, it's Liam.

Maxpips is just a little nickname I came up with, it's not my real name aha Cheesy.

Sorry for the confusion Wink.

My BTC and Etherium analysis will be up in about 45 mins, stay tuned.
Virtual-Money

Activity: 236
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:01:36 PM

Hello All,

Lets get to it.

you have a really good knowledge in trading, ill contact you in email if I need more suggestion
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:32:17 PM

You have a great outview and expertise in regards to trading,thats why you can elaborate even small details on how we can profit
Hoping that you will continue sharing your knowledge and strategies in future,ti must admit that this is helpful even in not so new here
What i see a problem is your sent photos since you are a jr.member it seems like you are not allowed to share some unless you are a copper member.try to figure it out for best results of sharing
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:47:34 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 03:29:30 PM by Maxpips

BTC In Reversal Zone....

As anticipated in yesterday's post, last night Bitcoin fell after returning to the source of the large drop that took place on the 29th October, marked by the top green area.

Even though the price didn't enter the area, the fact that it reversed upon coming so close to it means the drop was still caused by the area.

The reversal candle that I mentioned last night (black arrow) didn't cause the price to fall into the area I said to watch for a reversal (now the green buy area), however, if the price does fall into this area in the coming days it could cause a reversal back to the source of the drop, so make sure you keep watching it.

The point to watch right now is the blue area.

The drop that began last night, whilst initially seeming quite strong - as evidenced by the large bearish candlesticks that appeared - lost momentum when the price entered the blue area, meaning the area has a good chance of causing the price to reverse back up to the top green area.

If the price does manage to make it back into the top green area expect to see another drop take place but only when the price reaches the outer edge of the area between 6398 - 6415.

That's it for Bitcoin, I'll get the Etherium analysis up soon.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: