Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm A Professional Trader, Here's My Strategy  (Read 21959 times)
Maxpips (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:47:46 PM

No, I wouldn't use trading bots right now. At the minute the market is still moving sideways rather than trending. Most, if not all, of the different trading strategies that can be coded into bots DO NOT work when the market is moving sideways. They only work when it's trending like it was last year and in previous years.

If I were you, I'd either learn how to trade the market in it's current condition's or wait for a new trend to begin and then use one of the bots.

It's probably better to learn to how to trade now to be honest. There's no way to know (for sure) when the next trend will begin, or if it will begin at all, so you could be waiting a long time to make money. If you start learning how to trade the current conditions then at least you can make some money whilst you wait for the next trend to begin.

Hope this helps, Fray.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:04:48 PM

No, I wouldn't use trading bots right now. At the minute the market is still moving sideways rather than trending. Most, if not all, of the different trading strategies that can be coded into bots DO NOT work when the market is moving sideways. They only work when it's trending like it was last year and in previous years.

If I were you, I'd either learn how to trade the market in it's current condition's or wait for a new trend to begin and then use one of the bots.

It's probably better to learn to how to trade now to be honest. There's no way to know (for sure) when the next trend will begin, or if it will begin at all, so you could be waiting a long time to make money. If you start learning how to trade the current conditions then at least you can make some money whilst you wait for the next trend to begin.

Hope this helps, Fray.

Yes,  you have really tell the truth about bots.  Most of the bots can predict market directions when it is in side ways movement and not ranging market.  I bought a bot during my forex trading and it lose money and since then I decided to trade myself.  Trading is emotions no matter how we tried to keep it out of it.  Since it deals with human mind we must therefore bring human judgement and decisions if we really want to makes money from it.
If we can spend time developing our skills and knowledge on how trading work there is no way we would not make money from the market.  Stop spending money on bot and follow op advice on this and in no time you will have confidence on your trading decision.
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:09:35 PM

Yes,  you have really tell the truth about bots.  Most of the bots can predict market directions when it is in side ways movement and not ranging market.  I bought a bot during my forex trading and it lose money and since then I decided to trade myself.  Trading is emotions no matter how we tried to keep it out of it.  Since it deals with human mind we must therefore bring human judgement and decisions if we really want to makes money from it.
If we can spend time developing our skills and knowledge on how trading work there is no way we would not make money from the market.  Stop spending money on bot and follow op advice on this and in no time you will have confidence on your trading decision.

Great post Arpon.

Emotions will always be present in trading. No method or book exists that enables you to trade without any emotion. We're human, emotions are and always will be, part of who we are. The quicker people realize this the sooner they can advance and make real progress in their trading.

BTC Update: I closed the buy trade I placed earlier at 6424 after seeing a reversal candlestick form on the 15 minute timeframe.

I think we're going to see the price now fall back into the buy area I mentioned earlier, so keep an eye out for reversal candlesticks if you see the price fall into the area later on tonight.

rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:46:43 PM

Hope this helps, Fray.

Yes,  you have really tell the truth about bots.  Most of the bots can predict market directions when it is in side ways movement and not ranging market.  I bought a bot during my forex trading and it lose money and since then I decided to trade myself.  Trading is emotions no matter how we tried to keep it out of it.  Since it deals with human mind we must therefore bring human judgement and decisions if we really want to makes money from it.
If we can spend time developing our skills and knowledge on how trading work there is no way we would not make money from the market.  Stop spending money on bot and follow op advice on this and in no time you will have confidence on your trading decision.

We all do have the confidence in trading when there's a higher potential of your coins to prosper along with the marketplace. I think looking on the brighter sides of the market is through actual analysis, and that's the most exact point where you get a nice shot with your trading activity. Having that strategy can be done in perfect timing as well as profitable gains during those time we can't determine which coins to buy and hold.

osmo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:46:49 PM

Your site is good and can be a reference to mine trading science because I also continue to learn to improve skills in trading, because I also often experience mistakes so I experience losses. I hope we are all successful in the trade

Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:33:11 AM

Bitcoin Update: Huge Rise Pushes Price Past 8500

Last night a huge rise caused Bitcoin to rise up past the 8500 big round number.

The rise took place just after the price hit the small area I said we could see a drop take place at earlier on in the day. As is always the case with rises like this, the price has now pulled back and is consolidating as the traders and investors who made money from the rise take profits off their positions.

The two points to watch now are the small area at the bottom of the profit taking and the area that formed at the beginning of the rise. 

Often, when traders and investors take profits after a big move like this they buy in again close to the point where the rise ended. The small area I've marked is drawn on this point and as you can see, the price has already reversed from it two times, indicating traders and investors are actively buying around this point. 

When the price falls into this area watch for candlesticks with large one sided wicks and candles with bodies bigger than the previous candle to form on the 5 minute timeframe, as they could signal a reversal back to the current highs.

The other area to watch is the one found at the beginning of the rise. 

Again, if the price falls into here keep an eye out for the reversal candlestick mentioned above.

Etherium update coming soon, stay tuned.

Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:29:37 PM

Etherium Update: Close To Entering Major Sell Area

After reversing on Monday Etherium has continued to rise, and is now close to entering the sell area between 228 to 243 created by the big drop on October 15th.

At midnight last night the rise that started earlier in afternoon came to end and the price fell back to the trend-line that's formed as a result of the price making consistent lows. When it reached the trend-line this morning it reversed and moved back up to the high created by the drop, but it then reversed again and is now in close proximity to the trend-line again.

The fact that two fairly big reversals have taken place from the same point means a double top pattern has formed, which suggests we could see a drop through the trend-line take place later on today or sometime tonight. 

The two points to watch now are the areas I've marked. 

If the price breaks through the trend-line it's likely we'll see some kind of reversal take place at the upper area, however, I'm not sure if this reversal will cause the price to move back up to the highs of the double top because it's not that strong of an area.

The bottom area has a better chance of causing a big reversal to take place but I'm not sure the price will reach it, so we'll have to monitor both areas to see what happens. 

As always, keep an eye out for reversal candlesticks when the price enters each area. 
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:59:00 PM

Etherium Update: Trendline Broken

30 minutes ago Etherium broke through the trend-line I marked in my earlier post.

The price may now fall into the buy area I said to watch for a reversal.

Currently it's in a weak buy area I forgot to mark in previous post. We could see a small rise to take place from this area but I think ultimately it will end up being broken and we'll see the price fall into the area below.

As always, the price will tell us what it's going to do.
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:46:08 PM

Bitcoin Long Term Outlook And Prediction

Etherium Long Term Outlook And Prediction

Kevin43
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:58:36 PM

those charts are well analyzed they are telling lot of info
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:42:06 PM

Etherium Update: Small Reversal From Area

A couple of hours ago we saw the price rise out of the area I said could cause a reversal in my earlier post.

As expected, the rise didn't last long, due to the fact the area wasn't that strong, so had little chance of causing a big reversal. The price is now falling back towards the area and I think we could see it break it within the next few hours.

If the price does manage to make it back, keep an eye for reversal candlesticks.
hastag_80

Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:36:03 PM

Hello All,

In this thread I'm going to detail how I trade Cryptocurrency.

I've been trading Crypto for the past 6 months with pretty decent results.

The strategy I use is based on a culmination of different techniques and knowledge I picked up in my time trading the Forex market, which is what I traded before moving to Crypto at the beginning of the year. 

There are two parts to the strategy.....

The first part is what I use when the a large rise/bull run is taking place - (you can learn how to use this on my site - see below)

And the second part is what I use when the market is slow or ranging/consolidating.

My strategy is simple to trade but requires some explaining, so I'll be posting pics and doing analysis of different trades to help you understand why I took a trade and what you can do to begin doing the same.

Lets get to it.

P.S I've also started a website that has free information on Cryptocurrency trading.

https://www.cryptotradingschoolonline.com/

It's a new site, so there's only a few articles and things on there at the moment, but I'll be adding more articles to it in the near future, including ones that go into more detail on the techniques you'll see me use in this thread, so keep an eye open for them.

Also, if you have any questions you can ask me on the thread or email me at liamcrypto123@hotmail.com

Will,congrats and this is a good idea of your own trading,ww hope thats this your ideas of trading could give an example into this community,and people continue to strive doing there works of trading investment despite of this chaos thats we struggle now into the world of cryptocurrency due to bearish happen now in the crypto market.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
rebrik7

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:08:54 PM

Thanks for the technical analysis.
I especially want to note that the graphics are very visual, and at the same time simple and understandable. This is a huge plus personally for you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bartusv

Merit: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:47:41 PM

Very useful information and analyses in this thread. Visited your site and despite it is not ready  it is well structured
I am not a beginner in trading  but we can always learn and I found some interesting ideas in the articles. I will be follow up
on your  site. Keep up the good work.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:24:10 AM

Amazing, I am very interested in your article. after reading the tips for trading I feel that a trade is not difficult, only we need to be more careful and think about it in more detail, I agree if you are a professional trader.
I like tips number three, "don't trade with money you can't afford to lose", because most people feel great before starting, so they dare to spend a lot of money to trade without having a good strategy, causing them to suffer losses and ultimately hate trading.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:49:32 AM

Amazing, I am very interested in your article. after reading the tips for trading I feel that a trade is not difficult, only we need to be more careful and think about it in more detail, I agree if you are a professional trader.
I like tips number three, "don't trade with money you can't afford to lose", because most people feel great before starting, so they dare to spend a lot of money to trade without having a good strategy, causing them to suffer losses and ultimately hate trading.
This strategy is often overlooked by new investors because they want to risk their investment but when they make a mistake they just want to return to the starting point. I personally follow the advice of the top trader because they are the ones who go before and always give me good advice before trading.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:31:57 AM

Hello All,

The strategy I use is based on a culmination of different techniques and knowledge I picked up in my time trading the Forex market, which is what I traded before moving to Crypto at the beginning of the year. 

The first part is what I use when the a large rise/bull run is taking place - (you can learn how to use this on my site - see below)

And the second part is what I use when the market is slow or ranging/consolidating.

My strategy is simple to trade but requires some explaining, so I'll be posting pics and doing analysis of different trades to help you understand why I took a trade and what you can do to begin doing the same.

Lets get to it.

P.S I've also started a website that has free information on Cryptocurrency trading.

It's a new site, so there's only a few articles and things on there at the moment, but I'll be adding more articles to it in the near future, including ones that go into more detail on the techniques you'll see me use in this thread, so keep an eye open for them.

Also, if you have any questions you can ask me on the thread or email me at liamcrypto123@hotmail.com

Very good result for six month but I think you need more time to become professional trader. Maybe it works now but how about next week, month or year? market is mystery and no one know what happen in future. Keep going with your strategy because need more than just result in six month, everyone have different mindset and calculation and I believe your strategy look's hard for me. I'll make time to understand your strategy but thank you for sharing this.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Malandro

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:53:44 AM

30 minutes ago Etherium broke through the trend-line I marked in my earlier post.

Currently it's in a weak buy area I forgot to mark in previous post. We could see a small rise to take place from this area but I think ultimately it will end up being broken and we'll see the price fall into the area below.

I have some questions teacher!!! Smiley

1- How do you define de buyarea and sellarea? Is it from the last point the price made a rise/drop?
2- How do you define a strong buyarea and a weak buyarea? Is it from the power Of the last rise or because the trendline break ?
Maxpips (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:25:49 PM

Hello All,

Lets get to it.

Will,congrats and this is a good idea of your own trading,ww hope thats this your ideas of trading could give an example into this community,and people continue to strive doing there works of trading investment despite of this chaos thats we struggle now into the world of cryptocurrency due to bearish happen now in the crypto market.

Thanks for your kind words, Hashtag Grin Grin.

Thanks for the technical analysis.
I especially want to note that the graphics are very visual, and at the same time simple and understandable. This is a huge plus personally for you.

Glad they are, Rebrik. Nice to have you on board.

Very useful information and analyses in this thread. Visited your site and despite it is not ready  it is well structured
I am not a beginner in trading  but we can always learn and I found some interesting ideas in the articles. I will be follow up
on your  site. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, bartusy. More articles, including ones which go into detail on the buy area sell area strategy, will be available on the site soon, stay tuned/

Yeh, that's probably the most important tip to be honest, Vanshenz. So many people come into trading thinking it's easy and as a result, end up risking way more money than they should. Needless to say, once they start losing it demotivates them and then they either quit trading altogether or start learning how to trade properly.

I think if more people knew the basics of trading and what it involves then that alone would make a lot more people successful. Finding a strategy/knowing how much to risk is like the first thing you learn trading other markets, but it in Crypto, due to the lack of education out there, it's not common knowledge, causing lots of people to get off on the wrong foot.

Hello All,

Lets get to it.

Very good result for six month but I think you need more time to become professional trader. Maybe it works now but how about next week, month or year? market is mystery and no one know what happen in future. Keep going with your strategy because need more than just result in six month, everyone have different mindset and calculation and I believe your strategy look's hard for me. I'll make time to understand your strategy but thank you for sharing this.

Thanks, repbit. I've only been trading Crypto for the past 6 months, I've actually been trading much longer. I traded the foreign exchange market (Forex) - which is all about trading normal currencies - for 5 years, which is where most of my knowledge comes from. What you said about the market changing is very true. However, the market can only ever be in one of two states; either it's trending or it's consolidating (moving sideways), which is what it's doing now. Whilst trends and consolidations will never be the same in terms of their construction and formation, the strategies for trading them will always work, so I'm not concerned if the market changes.

At first glance the buy/sell area strategy looks quite hard, but it's not the difficult once you understand it. The strategy itself is pretty simple; you find a point where a big reversal has taken place in the past and then watch to see if the price reverses at the same point again in the future. The hard part, which also isn't that difficult once you have some experience, is finding and marking the areas and knowing what to look for when the price enters the area. (See the reply below for a quick overview of how to find the areas)

I have some questions teacher!!! Smiley

1- How do you define de buyarea and sellarea? Is it from the last point the price made a rise/drop?
2- How do you define a strong buyarea and a weak buyarea? Is it from the power Of the last rise or because the trendline break ?

Great questions, Melandro.

You've pretty much got the strategy spot on. There's just a couple of things that aren't quite correct.

The buy areas and sell areas are found at the points where a large reversal took place.

You can see each area I've marked has been drawn on a point where a large reversal took place and when the price returns to it in the future it reverses.

To draw an area, find where a large reversal took place and then locate the beginning of the rise or drop that caused the reversal. Once you've found the beginning, draw a rectangle from the beginning of the rise or drop up to the highest high made before the drop (if you're drawing a sell area) or the lowest low made before the rise, if you're drawing a sell area.

No, it's power of the rise or drop that defines how strong an area is.

If an area has a strong rise or drop away from it i.e the candlesticks that caused the rise or drop are very big and showed the price increased or decreased by a large amount, that area has a better chance of causing the price to reverse than an area with a rise or drop consisting of small candlesticks.

An area that doesn't have a strong rise or drop away can still be considered strong if the rise/drop away from it last for a long time.

For example:

The rise away from buy area 1 (blue arrow) wasn't as strong as the rise away from buy area 2 (red arrow), as evidenced by the size of the candlesticks that showed the rise. However, because the rise was lasted for quite a while it was still a strong area, hence the reason the price reversed at it once it returned.

Hope this helps, Melandro.

cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:31:57 PM

Your site is good and can be a reference to mine trading science because I also continue to learn to improve skills in trading, because I also often experience mistakes so I experience losses. I hope we are all successful in the trade
because in good trade and always success it must have great patience and never panic when market conditions decline, because a true trader must know how to deal with difficult situations
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: