Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:55:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops  (Read 1356 times)
5thFear (OP)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 08:10:22 PM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:21:46 PM

Cheating by scammer is now gradually being curbed by some bounty, through the introduction of KYC and for some, proof of authentication. Although, i feel proof of authentication is more appropriate than KYC, because not everyone can pass KYC.

Although, to avoid cheating the sincere bounty hunters too, KYC should have been completed before the calculation of stakes to tokens or before token distribution. So that there will be fair and accurate distribution of the total number of tokens to
sincere bounty participants.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:25:15 PM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?
If people were cheating the campaigns with fake profiles then it is the fault of the campaign managers so they need to do their work if this kind of scammers need to be removed as you mentioned the proof of authentication will do the job but it willl make little bit of work load for the campaign managers that is why they still refusing to add while the most reputed campaign managers doing that.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
cuenzy

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 09:04:42 PM

Hi,

That is why you also might want to consider a good campaign manager that can spot those cheaters and prevent scammers from flooding the campaigns. That's also why it's better to use some platforms that connect your real account to the bounty hunter. In this way it can avoid duplications which somehow the easiest thing to copy when the campaign management is only using manual method.
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:10:55 PM

that way the task of the bounty manager gets heavier because they cannot find fraudulent accounts one by one, and for participants who honestly do bounties, it is certainly less fun

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:15:16 PM

Hi,

A lot of managers have realized this case and some of them applied KYC and others bounty managers that didn't put KYC as requirements tried to implement the new method of registration just like creating a verification post that can be your evidence if you have registered on that campaign.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:22:15 AM

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked ~

BCT forum has the secret question and mail verification for securing accounts. I think this is enough. Just keep your email safe and everything will be ok.

~ what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

I think bounty managers can easily notice that. If he/she is a good bounty manager, he/she can reject all of scammers like these in just few clicks.

But I think we should check speardsheet weekly by searching our own information in our following campaign, in order to report scammers promptly.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:12:23 AM

cheating campaigns by stealing profile links such as bitcointalk accounts, facebook, twitter and other more often occur, even content campaigns such as blogs are often rigged by some people who like to steal their work. really sad and difficult to eradicate it. maybe we should put the btc or eth address in our bitcointalk account profile and always report directly to the manager if we find a fraud.
desfira

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

CLEVERBOUNTY

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:18:53 AM

it is true that today many cheats are wandering around, using other people's names to get their prizes.
I've also experienced the same thing, my name is used to follow the social media bounty, and eth is used instead of my eth.
this made me very disappointed, they got a prize with our name

CLEVER BOUNTY
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:20:08 AM

I have been a victim of this kind of scheme with many bounties on which I also participated...now am sure that my details might have been used with other bounties which I was not a part of. Whenever I am aware of someone using my details, I make sure that I reported the same to the bounty manager for proper action as this is something we should never tolerate not an iota. Good thing to see that there are now many bounties which is making sure that no fake can enter its program so they inspect all applicants and kick out those who are abusing the system. We must always be careful with these scammers as they can really be using our identity for their own purposes.
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:20:18 AM

That's why we have a Bounty manager to check all participants right? If those cheater slipped in the campaign then that manager isnt effective enough to handle the campaign. First of all, the manager should think ahead that many cheaters will try to join just to earn many tokens as possible. We have some apps or application to check those it only depends on the manager on how he will investigate and check it well. If you knew Tyler Sanford? He is one of the good bounty manager who really screened the participants well and those cheaters will have a hard time on doing their agendas. Im not vouching for him, I just set him as an example on how cheaters going down in a campaign.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 06:29:07 AM

If you find a case like that, the best step you can take is to immediately report the account to the bounty manager, so that the account can be quickly handled and blacklisted from all of its campaigns before they get the reward. Take care, guys!!
clololck

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:45:11 AM

You are very brave enough to recognize your identity, although this identity will make many people hate. But at least you are real. This may be an unsolvable problem. Some people propose to apply KYC. This idea is stupid. It is obviously stupid to know why the development team should spend money to promote it. KYC.
PINAGPALA

Activity: 317

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:48:41 AM

Yes me too i experience that in some bounty he use my name and my bitcointalk acct and use different eth address then i report him just always check the spread sheet
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:50:27 AM

Sorry to say but there's no perfect person on earth. What I mean about this statement? We must not forget that don't trust anyone else except yourself in trading, doing bounties, and investment. How? We must be resourceful and do more careful research about what we think good ICO or bounties. Always check your registration numbers and wallets just to be secure.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:01:21 AM

I believing the introduction of KYC into bounty campaign will help to reduce the level of cheating.Hood managers are also doing their best to reduce this by putting up a verification system.
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 08:38:07 AM

I have been a victim of this particular scam on several occasions as well, one thing about it is that they steal your work as well in the case of bounties and sometimes this leads to even you failing because you are marked for double submissions. It is quite frustrating.

kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:38:55 AM

Unfortunately there are a lot of a-holes in the crypto world! Many of them probably could not create their own account which pushes them to cheat their way in by using other's. I had this experience not so long ago. Fortunately I was able to check the spreadsheet out and reported these people to the manager. We need to do our own monitoring if we don't want to be victimized. Else, we'll be like puppets for these evil souls!

starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:24:17 PM

As a rule, if you see this, then you need to inform the manager so that he takes action on this issue, otherwise it is unlikely to be able to deal with it so far!
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:27:17 PM

Hi,

It has happened a lot in the past, many lazy scammers have devised this way to cheat on other people's work. And I think the campaign manager has found a solution to stop it. That is using proof authentication on bitcointalk

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: