Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:27:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops  (Read 1348 times)
TBboys

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:28:56 PM

Cheating by scammer is now gradually being curbed by some bounty, through the introduction of KYC and for some, proof of authentication. Although, i feel proof of authentication is more appropriate than KYC, because not everyone can pass KYC.

Although, to avoid cheating the sincere bounty hunters too, KYC should have been completed before the calculation of stakes to tokens or before token distribution. So that there will be fair and accurate distribution of the total number of tokens to
sincere bounty participants.

Are you sure that KYC is more good for bounty campaign? I don't think so. KYC will expose the privacy of every bounty participant to an unknown environment. Now, so many scam bounties, KYC is hard to guarantee security. Once used by criminals, this loss will be huge.
Better practice is that the bounty manager is more responsible.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:32:17 PM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

If people were cheating the campaigns with fake profiles then it is the fault of the campaign managers so they need to do their work if this kind of scammers need to be removed as you mentioned the proof of authentication will do the job but it willl make little bit of work load for the campaign managers that is why they still refusing to add while the most reputed campaign managers doing that.

What you are telling is correct if the campaign manager is reputed , then i think he is doing this kyc and proof of authentication now as they dont want this bot to create scam. If any campaign manager is not doing then he is not reputed and he is not worry about his reputation as campaign manager.

People are able to cheat only if campaign manager is not reputed if not their is no chance of cheating in reputed campaign manager services.

capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:34:58 PM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

This incident have happened to me times without number in some bounties I have participated in and whenever I see such I report immediately to the Bounty/Campaign Manager in charge. In some cases I have seen them being rewarded also. But I think some Bounty Managers with Legendary/Hero Bitcointalk account have been able to curb that by asking for all bounty Participants to submit proof of authentication and I think KYC in most Bounty have also help out too.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:36:43 PM

Hi,

I have also experienced having my BCT Id being used by other members to join bounty and airdrop campaigns. It's disappointing how other will just use your account without permission. I think other people just wants to have things the easy way. If they use your account, especially high ranking ones, they will be allowed to join bounties and at the same time receive higher stakes with your account. It is a good thing that some campaign requires you authentication post to verify your account.
pinoyrichkids

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 02:52:18 PM

Hi,

Good thing that ive found your post, honestly, ive been a victim of this one, when i check a new bounty project, i just see that somebody is using my btt account and social media channels, they were the first who sign up my details, its very frustrating that some people like to cheat people in order to earn easy money from the work of other people.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:58:50 PM

The main reason is that bounty and airdrop required no money it just effort and you are only paid for your effort so they concentrate majorly on those that give them money.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:02:50 PM

I hope that ALL bounties and airdrop will require proof of autentification here on forum so multiaccounts and people that uses other accounts are out. I always receive email that I joined airdrops with other credential because some multiaccount uses my email for that.. I try to block him but there's no way unfortunately.
Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:06:23 PM

I think it doesn't really needed a bot, anyone has simply put their ETH address and impersonate someone. Been a victim myself and quickly call the attention of the bounty manager, however, and his very quick to removed that impersonator. However, I had a bad experienced from one manager who doesn't care, been telling him for weeks but still my he didn't do anything that's why I left that campaign.

It's simply. Bounty Managers or his/her assistant can just check for multiply entries and even you can search the spreadsheet and immediately call their attention.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 03:07:08 PM

I see lot of moron truly in bounty using other people profile to get reward and I even have one that copy every thing the the real person did to the level of medium campaign that only require clap and follow so I see them as a loser because I have them and take do expose them in any bounty I participated in but allow them to do all till last day and expose them if admin didn't get them to show them that the time used to copied others work can simply be used to do their own and get rewarded for it but copy others work will only give them nothing at last but they fail to learn .
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:08:27 PM

Hi,

I have also found using my Eth address in some bounties that I didn't participate. Making my account vulnerable on being red trust for the thing I didn't do. Bounty campaigns should really require a proof of authentication to prevent multiple accounts and fakes. I wish also that bots should be eliminated in this forum since it would hurt the reputation of the forum. Well, can't blame cheaters on what they're doing since life is hard.
faza13

Activity: 518
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 03:09:28 PM

Cheating by scammer is now gradually being curbed by some bounty, through the introduction of KYC and for some, proof of authentication. Although, i feel proof of authentication is more appropriate than KYC, because not everyone can pass KYC.

Although, to avoid cheating the sincere bounty hunters too, KYC should have been completed before the calculation of stakes to tokens or before token distribution. So that there will be fair and accurate distribution of the total number of tokens to
sincere bounty participants.

For KYC I think it is tok risky for bounty, but If the reward is worth it, I think it is just okay, but for social.media campaign, the rewards usually are too small

Rena5

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:28:14 PM

Hi,

Your post about cheating in bounty or airdrops is helpful to all the members here in this forum.Eye opener for us to be aware of what's going on in bounty and airdrops campaigns.Flooding of testimonies of the members with regards to this issue.Through it we learn to them how to be prepared when this things happen to us.
To those who cheats and planning to do it.remember this Your hidden sin is an open scandal in heaven. .

●                   ►                   ●      B I T C O I N   V I D E O   C A S I N O      ●                   ◄                   ●
Slots    Video Poker    Blackjack     ──  Classic fun for serious players  ──     Craps    Roulette    Keno    Dice
////////////////////////   PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT   ///   PROVABLY FAIR   ///     REFERRAL PROGRAM     ////////////////////////
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 03:28:37 PM

This has happened many times. You never know who your social account will be used. If you were a bounty hunter. Submit to the form and check carefully whether anyone has used your data. If yes, please submit a complaint to the bounty manager. The misappropriation of information is very immoral. Everyone can report fraud in time.

o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 03:35:02 PM

Yes, unfortunately, many cheaters in my bounty campaigns using my bitcointalk or telegram user name. I'm reporting my status to the bounty manager when I'm in a situation like this. And i think definitly the bounty managers should control this cheatings. The  except for some managers, unfortunately many managers do not pay much attention to this situation.
Kelvinovie2

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

As long as spreadsheet are displayed openly, cheaters will always gather information about hunters from it and utilize the info for cheating mostly in Airdrop campaign so as to gain enough tken for large profit.
Tigra3458

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:49:32 PM

Hi,

If people were cheating the campaigns with fake profiles then it is the fault of the campaign managers so they need to do their work if this kind of scammers need to be removed as you mentioned the proof of authentication will do the job but it willl make little bit of work load for the campaign managers that is why they still refusing to add while the most reputed campaign managers doing that.

It is impossible to exclude the possibility of joint work of managers with scammers. Such schemes are often rotated by prior agreement.
Tigra3458

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:51:32 PM

At the moment, I think the most reliable way to deal with this problem is the introduction of KYC and monitoring the reward table manually.
Quidat

Activity: 2590
Merit: 540

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:07:00 PM

Hi,

I've seen it a few times to the other bounty campaign and i do notice that they used a lot of addresses and put other known profiles, even with the DTs name are in the list. That's why i rather like the idea of proof of authentication for anyone who wants to join in an airdrop or bounties. Though KYC may not be suitable if there were underage who doesn't have any government or valid ID yet who happened to join in a bounty/airdrop.

Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:10:32 PM

I never understood what you guys are doing with your "bounty" "airdrop" Why on earth are you cheating or even participating in a campaign that will either not pay, never listed, scam project or who know what.
You're just participating to promote a scam. In real life, you could have troubles with justice.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:29:23 PM

The right solution is to report it to the bounty manager, in order to immediately cheat the bounty hunter list, then don't forget to give negative credence to the user so that he can't follow the bounty on another day
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: