Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:34:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops  (Read 1356 times)
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:32:09 PM

Well, i met some same cases like you before, my name and profile link appeared in many bounty and airdrop sheets but i never join them. I messaged the manager requiring they delete my name, some deleted but some didn't.  That's only for what i found, i believe that my name appeared in many other sheets because there are thousands of campaigns in this forum, and i can't check all of them. So, i think to stop this problem, bounty and airdrop managers must require "Proof of authentication" post.
kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:38:33 PM

in my opinion it is the job of the manager's bounty to fix the final spreadsheet so that those who have cheated using someone else's profile can be found, and one way by reporting work on the thread can block cheating on airdrop/bounty

cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:43:36 PM

in my opinion it is the job of the manager's bounty to fix the final spreadsheet so that those who have cheated using someone else's profile can be found, and one way by reporting work on the thread can block cheating on airdrop/bounty
I had seen that kind of bounty manager, he diligently filtering those scammers. He put the scammer in the same place and then mark them accordingly.
I really thankful to that kind of bounty manager.
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 03:34:01 PM

I had seen that kind of bounty manager, he diligently filtering those scammers. He put the scammer in the same place and then mark them accordingly.
I really thankful to that kind of bounty manager.

Yes that's the job of bounty manager but I have seen a lot of bounty manager didn't updates their spreadsheet and after the campaign just giving stakes all the participants without reviewing. Nowadays some of manager became a lazy, that's why a lot of  cheater have been successful by cheating. If you see that there is a cheater, don't hesitate to report it.
jacksonhen

Activity: 158
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:44:38 PM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

Some bounties sometimes do not display the address of the blog / website of the participants in their spreadsheets, I think it is very effective to reduce the cheaters to abuse your blog address and profile. Cheaters become one of the serious problems in the bounty, because bounty managers will take a long time in assessing and distributing tokens, the point is we must be active in participating in a bounty, when we find cheaters misusing our work immediately report to the bounty manager.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:27:24 PM

Well, it's very useful to look up the spreadsheets sometimes. At least in those bounty programs which you are taking part in. It will help you to prevent some stressful arguing with bounty managers and will save your money. And what about those cheating morons? Well, I bet there is a dedicated circle of hell for them where they are trying to convince the worst bounty managers (from adjacent circle Smiley ) to change some spreadsheet info.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:31:02 PM

It has always seemed to me that a two-step authentication would be quite beneficial for the ecosystem, but as you can see, the people in the cryptos are not the most interested in regulations, unfortunately that's why we are being victims of so many scams, sooner or later we will have to decide between privacy and security.

madzarux

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 10:32:57 PM

I have also been a victim of this once.  It is a big shame really, the length some people go to to rob other people of the chance to earn some crypto.  Unfortunately, where or when there is free money, people loose their moral compass and want a get rich quick way.   Many bounty/airdrop projects are wise with their checks Now by asking folks to put their ether address or coin address in their bct profile etc.   Just one of the things you can do to avoid being a victim.  
grifinmch

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:47:39 PM

cheating in the bounty is possible almost every time. especially the most can be felt is on the part of social media. many new bitcointalk accounts in the registration of that and even many of the names that are almost the same. the obvious course is owned by one person only. not to mention the signature on which there are several wallets related intercompany account. of course, this is also a great and real fraud that exists in the forum.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:52:57 PM

I think now everything is much better than before, many admins began to strengthen the protection. I think you just have to follow the process carefully, as I do. Now, no one can be relied on except for yourself, and suddenly if you notice this, then you need to contact the admin and provide evidence.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:54:23 PM

I think now everything is much better than before, many admins began to strengthen the protection. I think you just have to follow the process carefully, as I do. Now, no one can be relied on except for yourself, and suddenly if you notice this, then you need to contact the admin and provide evidence.
Rengga Jati

Activity: 2016
Merit: 646

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 10:59:17 PM

You're right,. Many bounty hunters are afraid and worried about this thing because sometimes the cheater uses their account an data to get rewards in the same projects. However, if you find so, please report soon to the Bounty Manager and they will be removed from the lists. I think it is difficult to stop the cheaters or scammers because they are unpredictable. However, I'm sure that the BM will have special treatment to make it true as the KYC process.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Bitkoplak

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:05:47 PM

I have no solution to this problem, but I always report it to the bounty manager to delete them, only this way I can do it
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:09:07 PM

I think this problem is very easy to solve. As long as the bounty manager catches the post with the wallet address request in the user profile, it can be eliminated
I don't think it's as easy as you think, bounty hunters already know the gap when they will join a bounty campaign with their many alt accounts, making a wallet like MEW is very easy, you can make hundreds and even thousands of MEW wallets. Besides that bounty campaign will not have much time to look for any cheating participant, only will expel some participants who have been proven to cheat without doing a lot of investigation.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:17:06 PM

I have no solution to this problem, but I always report it to the bounty manager to delete them, only this way I can do it
Good thing you do, but it somehow some campaign managers never listen or even watch our post regarding these one due to the nature of our work and have no time to read back in previous days event. They might not read our reports regarding double entries made by some individuals and it is sad they received rewards in the end.
chenhaonan

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:18:29 AM

Such a market has been reported very early, but I want to remind you that if you want to be a professional bounty hunter then I think this is a wrong choice, know that ICO is being greatly reduced, and these tasks may disappear in the future, you will Will lose your job. Only trading is the best way to invest.

Khiceog

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

It seems to me that participation in the bounty is still quite a complex process and a priori difficult to make money on it. I think that the scammers just found an easy way to make money and a way to deceive the creators of bounty. But I do not see anything wrong, because the main thing-not to be
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:28:21 AM

Scammers are pretty lazy and they are very simple to detect. I am usually checking the spreadsheet, once in two weeks to search for someone that used my Username or my twitter account. And I am finding 1-2 people every two weeks.
Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:26:35 PM

A lot of people try to cheat and make good money on it. the main thing-honest participants try not to intersect with such people and just do not take them as an example as it will have a negative impact on it
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 04:54:18 PM

Yeah now a days bounties and airdrop we have seen most of them are exiting as a scam but i am not talking all are scams there are legit bounties and airdrop running on. but to participate into these you should be very careful and good researcher.
likewise I only participate in bounty which are running by amazix community management and they only accept project which are legit l.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: